Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First thought on that mount - dang its really sweet looking. Second thought....how much are they charging for it. I guess I'm just nostalgic for wow prior to the microtransaction age. I haven't heard anything official about how to get it (/crossesfingers), but sadly I think it will required some extra cash.

I'm glad I held off and did not preorder the next expac. Sub ran out months ago. I knew this was their intent from the first leak of the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    I like to ask 2 simple questions?
    Who goes and levels up in Vashj'ir?
    What about playing Isle of Thunder?
    Why or Why not?
    1. I used to in Cataclysm. I think I went there on alts 2-4 just to open the zone up and get the water mount. 5th one I probably skipped it. Every character I've taken from 80 since then has skipped it. Its not horrible but its one of those zones that I've never completely finished on any character.

2. Sure, for legendary questline stuff/rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    I agree with you on this this..If you read my old post I mention that ground mounts is no problem for me while leveling to 100. MY BIG problem is that once I'm done I better have the choice to use my flying mount at 100...I saw the world, did your silly quests no give me freedom. The other thing is that Blizzard's idea of questing is irrelevant to the game. It poses no purpose at all to the story. That is why many players leveled there characters up through professions and battlegrounds. Now if they had a decent story mode like SWTOR then it would be worth questing. But I'm really tired of quests like killing 100 boars to get 1 tusk crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly...Its dumb...
    With stealth though you're still grounded and not as fast as with flying mounts. Again. I see their Point. They made it sound loud and clear in the Post. Anyone who bitches, just bitches BECAUSE. And then again -> The Focus needs to be more on a Main Character. Many people have alts because of Professions. With Garrisons they effectively up your Professions from 2 .. to 4-6. That definitely shoots down all those useless Profession Alts. WoW is about Endgame. And has been about Endgame for a long time. The Argument "I've been there and done that, now give me flight for everything else" doesn't hold any water, because they clearly want to keep the Focus on Endgame. And WoD-specific stuff (thus Endgame) can't be hurt by No-flight, because it's SPECIFICALLY designed for no-flight for now. People need to realize that Alts and leveling overall aren't Endgame. Even if you personally like it more than Raiding/PvP or whatever. Leveling is no longer AS relevant. Thus, people who like to Alt because they like leveling over Endgame aren't taken into Account on this one, rightfully so. Whether you have flight or not, you are still doing the same. If you find that tedious, you shouldn't be leveling as many Characters at all. And if you don't like leveling in General, why bother? Professions? Alright, do something for it. Or use the Garrison Plots for it?!

removing flying will only add extra unneeded tediousness back to end game content. It will either force people into cities to que more, or cause people to stop playing altogether. AI mobs were never a real challenge, other than the monstrous enemies that had the ability to 1-3 shot you. (and getting attacked by those was an annoyance more than a sense of danger) I also need to point out that the argument about world pvp is also going to blow up in their faces. Flying didnt kill world pvp, the introduction of instanced pvp did that. People who really care about pvp are going to focus on arenas and battlegrounds, the places where pvp is rewarded. what is left out in the world are gankers and sociopaths that just enjoy making the lives of people trying to quest miserable. The only thing flying did was allow a person to escape and avoid gankers and campers. If you take away the ability to escape gankers and campers this will only add to the number of people avoiding the world altogether and just queing in cities instead of going out into the world.

Immersion and enjoyment of world environment are completely subjective things, if a person enjoys certain things they will be sure to take the time to enjoy them. Its like art, if a person enjoys art they will go to museums and look at art. But if a person doesnt like art then a person wont go look at art. If you then force them to look at the art, they arent going to magically start enjoying the art, they are just going to stop being your friend because you keep forcing them into doing things they dont enjoy.

This is what is going to happen in the game, by taking away flying and telling people who enjoy flying what they should enjoy, it will not make them enjoy it, it will only make them annoyed, and it will take away their enjoyment of the game. If they dont enjoy it, then they will quit playing it. In the end, its those people who vote with their wallets that will decide the design future of the game. All you people who keep saying 'good riddance of the whiners' fail to understand that its the people who leave and vote with their wallets that will ultimately define what design choices are implemented. Sure, the blizzard dev's might have a vision but they have to answer to the board of directors, and when the board see's players quitting (loss of revenue) theyre gonna say 'fix this or we will find somebody who will'

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    I think a lot of people here didn't play vanilla WoW.
    Huh. I started in January 2005 and your post was still one of the most painful things I've ever read on this site.

If you wanted to go to Ironforge to Felwood to farm herbs, or from Molten Core to Azshara to get Hydraxian Waterlord waters, it took 30 minutes just to travel.
    Uh, no. It did not. It just took me 11 minutes to get from Ironforge to Felwood using only a ground mount and flight paths. 7 minutes of that was AFKing on a flight path.

And guess what? It was fucking awesome.
    Forgive me for being very skeptical of the notion that players were blown away by the amount of traveling you had to do. ESPECIALLY after years of doing it. I think you just might be succumbing to nostalgia here.

Flying immediately fucked up the game.
    Flying was added (at the request of pretty much everyone, mind you) at the beginning of Burning Crusade (Jan 16 2007). Both subscriber count and general opinion of the game disagree with you here.

This was when the game was good.
    Once again, I'm getting the impression that you have the nostalgia goggles strapped on a little too tightly.

I didn't even realize there was content anymore. When I level an alt I spam dungeons, about half the group sucks ass in the dungeons, yet you still easily clear it without wiping and without using any brain power whatsoever. You don't CC shit. A run lasts 20 minutes and mobs don't respawn if you take 2 hours like in Blackrock Depths. No one on a pvp realm is going to level up with quests. I forgot they even existed, except for those 3 first days of the expansion it takes to max level. Then you fly over shit. Even if you aren't 90 you just pay someone with a 2-seater mount to fly you places. That's horse shit.
    It's like you completely forgot this topic was about flying for the first half of this paragraph but then realized that you were going wildly off-topic towards the end.
    In vanilla wow, we still flew over shit. We just used flight paths instead of mounts we could directly control ourselves.

The game was infinitely better, and LEGITIMATELY addictive in vanilla.
    Once again....just mmmiiigghhtt be a little overly-nostalgic.

My raid leader got a divorce over the game. It took a buttload of time to do anything, but it made the results incredible. I would lead UBRS groups for 8 hours a day, hard as SHIT with respawns, with 15 people and no vent/skype. No DBM warnings or LFR Blizzard warnings. Your DMB warning was pressing caps lock, "SWAP TO THE FUCKING DRAGON," typing while in combat. Thank God they got rid of 10 man raids. That's not even a "raid," it's a "ladies night out" at a karaoke club drinking pomegranate martinis. Fuck that. Anyway, Blizzard is heading in the right direction.
    Voice chat programs existed back then, you know. So did boss mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    FYI I did play since the game's release, and on stress tests before release, and yeah I'm being absurd a bit for some light comedy.
    Forgive me for not laughing.

People in dungeons do suck. I'm a healer, so I see everything. I look at the damage meters. (By the way, I have the time to do this because healing is ridiculously easy.) First I feel angry that the hunter's top damage is autoshot and pet attacks. Then I feel guilty at myself because he might be 12 years old. Then I feel confused, angry at the confusion, and want to boot him. Then I realize the dungeon is 20 minutes long (30 with their dps), so I dps while healing, and try to feel good about carrying them. No one CCs. No one stops to drink. No one even types 90% of the time, because no strategy is required, unless they're fighting over loot.
    Semi-legitimate argument, too bad you a) said almost exactly the same thing in your first post and b) it doesn't relate to flying at all.

Also, regarding ground mounts in vanilla. At level 40 you had to farm gold just to get the basic mount. Then at 60, if you had the gold for an epic mount (the mounts everyone is complaining about using in WoD), you might as well run for senate. People wrote conspiracy posts about your being an illuminati, for the amount of fucking gold it required. You either ninja'd an epic and sold it, got some rare world drop, or won a BOE in a top raiding guild which no one needed.
    Yes, it was a lot of money. It's not like no-one had one, though. Just go mine some thorium for a while and you would have it in not too much time.

If you had a 100% speed mount, with a second set of gear with carrot on a stick, mithril spur boots, riding gloves, you were not only successful but smart as fuck. Those people are CEOs now, that's why there are less subscribers. When you got that mount you didn't even question that it appeared from another dimension under your ass, it's literally looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Doing some gathering for a while sure does take some extreme cognitive ability, right?

If WoW mounts were neutral mobs in an actual place you could click on and ride, that would make so much more sense. The point is realism, valid logic which doesn't have to be sound logic.

Flying serpents don't exist in real life. But if they do exist in a fake world they have to come from somewhere. Flying serpents don't just fuck each other during the last 2 weeks of a pvp season, have abortions if they go over the number of glad spots, and instantly make their children grow up and appear under the asses of new gladiators. Blizzard doesn't need to make an entire zone where horses bang each other, but a nice step would be getting rid of flying mounts.
    If you can't take yourself seriously, you can understand why I won't either.

"Making a fun game makes people want to play the game, not nickle and diming their time. Was the game an insulting disservice to you as an adult before flying existed?"

I'm wondering where paid 90's fit in here.

How i feel about this changes...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be a store mount, I guarantee it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    "Making a fun game makes people want to play the game, not nickle and diming their time. Was the game an insulting disservice to you as an adult before flying existed?"

I'm wondering where paid 90's fit in here.
    Right where they're not max level characters any more and are free to start exploring Draenor which is where blizzard wants us to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    It's gonna be a store mount, I guarantee it.
    Except it's not....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    It'll be RAF and there's a good chance it'll eventually come out before the August 6.0 systems patch. I believe the profession dev over Twitter said Spirit of Harmony might become BoE/BoA "even earlier" than 6.0, so we might get a small patch like this, sort of like the Blizzcon one that added the pet. Nothing major.

They know players will start resubbing when 6.0 is imminent, and maybe even do their WoD preorder at that point. The included 90 might entice them to RAF themselves for another 90, which they can transfer over to their main account with the help of a GM, and they'll get a mount of it. Still pricy buying all those other xpacs though, but maybe we'll see another sale on those. So, 5.4.(8?) in July with the new RaF, SoH change, among other minor things, accompanied by a July sale on the previous xpacs, which will encourage players to their RAF themselves or get some friends back into the game for WoD.

And so the full timeline would look like this:

July: 5.4.8 and old WoW xpacs sale
    August: systems patch
    Sept 23rd (or 30th bumping this all out a week): WoD launch
    Sept 30th: Highmaul opens
    Oct 7th: Mythic Highmaul
    Nov 7th-8th: Blizzcon
    Nov 11th: Blackrock Foundry opens
    Nov 18th: Mythic Blackrock Foundry

The tricky part is definitely pinpointing how to work the one month Foundry delay around Blizzcon, and it would not surprise me to see them push it into December instead, especially if they release WoD into the first part of October. The two things I'm confident about are WoD will come out on or before October 14th, and that Highmaul will come out before Blizzcon, and Foundry after Blizzcon.
    I feel like those dates are accurate, in the timeline of an alternate universe.

My guess:
    July - expacs go on sale. Could definitely see that.
    Late September early November - Systems patch.
    November - Blizzcon and cinematic reveal plus movie teaser.
    Early to late December - Expansion releases.
    First two weeks of January - Highmaul opens up.
    Fourth week of January, - mythic Highmaul.
    Second week of February - Foundry.
    Fourth week of February - mythic foundry.
    May - 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fu1grim View Post
    Right where they're not max level characters any more and are free to start exploring Draenor which is where blizzard wants us to be.
    Except that option is available now while 90 IS max level.

Whether it's the end of the expansion or not, max level is still max level and their reasoning should still apply.

Also, that blue post response at the end was absolutely distasteful. So snide and arrogant. And the blue that responded did so with a lot of typo's which leads me to believe he was probably emotionally heated or flustered and responded without thinking everything through clearly or rereading what he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Monkey View Post

I already have a reputation? Good golly, don't flatter me! Also Rorcanna didn't chase me away, I just wanted to do something else and decided I would resume this later. I'm pretty sure chasing me away wasn't even his intent.
    I can understand your vision of the world without flying. I played the game when flying wasn't available and I will continue to do so. I will miss it though. Warlords shapes to have some great environments and I really want to explore them on the ground and from the sky.
    Anyway there is no need to express your vision and calling people names in the process.

Chasing away post got me my doner kebab. (inside joke)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Stopped being funny when people started to think it was a legitimate thing to say for everything.
    All they did was following Blizzard's example. /whoosh

Deleted
    2 man cash shop mount.

But in general - shame that flying is going away.. this will be very different game and i am 89% sure that it won't be like back in vanilla when world was new and we loved exploring (got old after a while anyway). Just can't understand the idea - for ppl who want to explore and use ground mounts only - what was the problem? There are fly paths in-game.. just go and use your ground mounts and don't fly . On the other hand - i am struggling myself till lvl60 to finally get flying ability and be able to go to places faster. Same in MoP - loving moment when able to get flying to get from one zone to another to do things faster. Imagine yourself archaeology without flying.. So yeah - @#@# it.. stupid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    So every 3 months we are getting a new store mount or RAF? Fucking hell. Maybe its time to quit wow.

My money can best be spent elsewhere than on a stupid fucking game that keeps throwing the things I love into the store.
    Cya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Wow. F you too Blizzard. To answer this insulting idiot's question, no the game wasn't an insulting disservice to me as an adult before flying existed. But then, flying was added to the game. Players didn't add it. Blizzard did. We fought and fought and played and played for our mounts, and now they're crippling them because they couldn't think of anything better to do.

In other words, STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME LIKING NO-FLYING HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I truly despise the attitude of that Blizzard poster. I'd come up some stupid saying one of my redneck cousins would have forwarded by email like they did, but instead I'll go one better: I think he meant "wont" http://m.dictionary.com/definition/wont
    Pot, meet kettle.

With no flying, they're trying to to drag out the max level questing content you'll do.

Remember that timeless isle bridge and having to run all the way around? That was by design and an intended time waster. Expect the same Blizzard Quality in WoD.

"Being efficient is great, being clever is great, and using your cleverness to be efficient is great, but how many of us have done the Tillers dailies up on the cliffside where the Hozen are, and waited for packs to pass by before setting down right where you’re supposed to, use whatever thingamabob you’re supposed to, and then lift off ASAP hoping-hoping-hoping nothing aggros? How many of us have become furious when we actually have to fight something!? Is that clever gameplay?"

That means the fault didn't lay in flying mounts, it was a fault in the questing/mob system. I didn't have a problem fighting mobs in TBC, or Wrath. In Cata and MoP I did. Why? It seemed like Blizzard just thought: "Hmm, we're not going to make monsters actually challenging/have unique battle styles...but we don't want people to breeze through them, so we're going to take their HP and multiply it by 3! That's fun!"

My disdain for getting into battles in MoP wasn't because I was lazy or because I didn't want to battle and do the scenario you provided...it was because it too way too long to kill anything! Even geared with full Garrosh-level gear, it still takes too long.