Poll: Will SoO last longer than DS, and does it bother you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What has all these "other MMOs" gained from having these frequent updates? Not that many subs, that's what.
    None of them have lost 5 million + over the last couple years either.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't mind. I have lots of fun on the bosses that my guild have on farm, which makes the raid a lot more enjoyable for me. If it gets to the stage where we have no gain from SoO, odds are we'll stop raiding and wait for WoD then. But odds are we'll always be happy to do SoO for the forseeable future.

But I would like to have WoD be released soon, as I really enjoy gearing up my character at the start of the expansion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    None of them have lost 5 million + over the last couple years either.
    It's hard to lose something you never had in the first place.

Not providing a progressive buff in SoO was a huge mistake in my opinion. To have it last 10, 11, 12 months and not make it easier on PUGs like they have in the past... just stupid. If someone hasn't downed Garrosh by now on Normal then no amount of "natural" nerfing from gear is going to help. Just hand it to them at this point so they don't get discouraged with nothing else to do for so long and leave the game in droves. The same could be said for people that just want to raid on their cape-less alts. Just let players have their fun at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    Not providing a progressive buff in SoO was a huge mistake in my opinion. To have it last 10, 11, 12 months and not make it easier on PUGs like they have in the past... just stupid. If someone hasn't downed Garrosh by now on Normal then no amount of "natural" nerfing from gear is going to help. Just hand it to them at this point so they don't get discouraged with nothing else to do for so long and leave the game in droves. The same could be said for people that just want to raid on their cape-less alts. Just let players have their fun at this point.
    Maybe they could use the option of watching a YouTube video of Garrosh and finally start reading class guides. Why hand out the already easy to get FoS + mount literally for free?

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh pre nerf is designed for an ilvl of 550, FYI. It's beyond bad play if zou aren't able to beat him with 565+ with perfect trinkets.

Lol, our first kardris hc trinket dropped 1 months after we killed garrosh hc for the first time in 10 man, that was after we converted to 25 man, btw.

At least we're left with GOOD content at the end of the expansion. Dragon Soul felt worse due to being shorter and being nerfed regularly.

But yeah, probably. But you never know.

It does bother me haveing only soo, in that degree I unsubbed this time. In DS I did not so I ended starting new expac a bit burned out and did not want it this time.
    So instead I desided to put the money calculated 4-6 month sub into another game Alpha ArchAge to see what this is. Ans it realy did not disapoint even if its stil an Alpha releas.
    Im just so happy haveing a 2 seater mount at lv 12 lol and a glider at lv 13, the mount also can help me in combat and u also can use the mount monted in combat, I am totally mind blowed with this new game , so wod must be pritty good to get me back.

Last edited by Tahsou; 2014-04-27 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Tahsou really nice photos)!!!
    Gonna look forward for this

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    At least we're left with GOOD content at the end of the expansion. Dragon Soul felt worse due to being shorter and being nerfed regularly.

But yeah, probably. But you never know.
    i wonder if in december after runign this raid for 14-15 months ull be saying same thing about the quality of this raid

Quote Originally Posted by mat cauthon View Post
    on a side note eso is looking pretty good for those who want something new to do till wod, still buggy but its a new release after all.
    Yeah I played the beta and it felt pretty nice. I'm gonna wait for the console version though. Will we get WoD for christmas perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    i notice there have been many negative comments about blizzard in this thread
    Since when is Blizzard Exempt or immune against negative comments... ANY comment where someone makes on SoO is too long can be construed as a negative comment. People are entitled to voice their opinions or not, be it negative or positive.. i am PAYING a sub for the game so i am ENTITLED to criticize if i want.
    Its like taking ur car in for a service and not being happy about the job done but then being told not to speak negatively on the Service garage!!

sorry, but in MY opinion.. SoO is waaaay too long

Deleted
    Doesn't bother me much. I just found a new guild very recently and the team is still very raw.
    It'll be quite some time before we can even think of killing Garrosh normal.
    If Gaze of Black Prince gets live soon, it might be even a bit better.
    Also, I don't intend to buy WoD as revealed so far, which means I have more time to plan for what pans out to be an inevitable unsub.

Deleted
    People who said it doesn't bother them are the biggest tards on earth. "Durrrp less content is cool duuurp"...

Deleted
    We need some implementation of what's happening in wod.... better coin roll protection: i'm trying to get trinket from immerseus, but all I get is the cloak for the 7th time!

Also some trash nerfs on normal/heroic (or just less trash) would be nice to speed up the raid, more time on bosses, less time killing shamans infront of nazgrim....

Maybe Paragons & Garrosh heroic could use a SMALL nerf, like 5% less hp

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    They can delay it as much as they want. Im making lots of gold every reset from Soo
    pretty much this

WoD march 2015 plz

SoO will go longer and this go around it doesn't really bother me.

My guild is older now and most of us have been together for 5-6 years now. So when a nice long summer off comes up it doesn't sound like such a bad thing. We closed up raiding and that is that until WoD comes out. 90% of us will be back. But it will be nice to be able to spend time extra time with our loved ones and in some cases kids over the summer break and beyond.

We still get together once a week from time to time and are finishing up things like older meta's from this expansion we never finished up and stuff like that or maybe BG stomp for an hour or two. But not much more than that. I guess it is nice to be older and not worrying about it as much anymore.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not been playing for a month or so due to IRL. Yet to kill Garrosh on Normal, got some Challenge Modes to do on Alts and some PVPing to do. I'm not in a rush for WoD or 6.0, as 6.0 may break my Guilds Main Team (Heroic 10, not enough to expand to 20 and small server I think) and I still have things to do in MoP.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )