Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh drops 553s. If you think anything above that is necessary to kill him, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. Period.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Garrosh drops 553s. If you think anything above that is necessary to kill him, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. Period.
    For a guild group(or organized PuG), that is true. For a PuG... not so much. PuGs have to assume people suck, and make up for that with gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    For a guild group(or organized PuG), that is true. For a PuG... not so much. PuGs have to assume people suck, and make up for that with gear.
    They absolutely do not have to assume people suck. That's both rude and offensive. I cleared heroic raids in the past with people of the same caliber as you find on OpenRaid.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...

They absolutely do not have to assume people suck. That's both rude and offensive. I cleared heroic raids in the past with people of the same caliber as you find on OpenRaid.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me...
    Yes, they do, because it's very easy to fake achievements, and why would they take your word for it? Also, your experience from 4 years ago(or however long ago) means fuckall for a PuG SoO run, sorry to say it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they do, because it's very easy to fake achievements, and why would they take your word for it? Also, your experience from 4 years ago means fuckall for a PuG SoO run, sorry to say it.
    That's right I forgot Heroic Spine of Deathwing was a cakewalk compared to the horror that is reg Garrosh...

Come the fuck on. Be real.
    Last edited by Ferg; 2014-04-27 at 05:43 PM. Reason: damn autocorrect

Yes, they do, because it's very easy to fake achievements, and why would they take your word for it?
    Because it's his word. Why wouldn't they?

I mean, he did pull 280k DPS on the Sha of Pride without boosting his numbers at all as a 552 ilevel geared warrior. Totally not bullshitting us at all.

- - - Updated - - -

That's right I forgot Heroic Spine of Drawing was a cakewalk compared to the horror that is reg Garrosh...

Its as easy to carry now as it was back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever. Mob mentality has set in. You people will never see why you're wrong. I'm done wasting my time in here.

Sorry OP, I tried.

That's right I forgot Heroic Spine of Deathwing was a cakewalk compared to the horror that is reg Garrosh...

Being afk for a minute or two and then doing a pre-determined(as in, the same exact sequence every Tendon) rotation for 15 seconds, and repeating that 6 times does what exactly to prepare you for Garrosh? Not falling asleep during a long, mostly boring fight is the only thing I can think of. It has nothing to do with difficulty, but Garrosh and Spine aren't the same thing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Whatever. Mob mentality has set in. You people will never see why you're wrong. I'm done wasting my time in here.

Sorry OP, I tried.
    Hello Pot, my name is Kettle.

That street goes both ways. If you saw my post earlier, you'd know I'm in sort of the same situation.

The problem is, you aren't willing to compromise - at all. They're the raid leaders, it's their rules. You either follow them, or don't and find a different group.

You can't expect people to do things your way when it's their group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The cloak is great, the misinterpretation thereof is the bad thing.
    People have always used other methods of measure before ilvl and achievements.

In TBC and early Wrath (pre-gearscore) it was "Come to me for inspect" or "LF epic-geared tank" for any serious content. People just used the ingame inspect and Armory to see who they would group with and who they wouldn't. The only difference (in TBC at least) is there was no way to tell what bosses they had killed unless you checked/memorized the drop location of everything in the game to get an estimate.

The cloak is a problem because it unfairly punishes people who took a break. The meta gem also does this to a lesser extent. Both combined are such a large DPS boost, and such a large stat upgrade to the point of being ridiculous and flat-out overpowered, that not having them really does gimp you. When it's a weapon only a Hunter can use, or only a STR DPS has, or only a healer can get that takes months during a tier to grind, groups can't demand that everyone has them because they're harder to come by. When everyone can get the legendaries just by playing for the whole expansion, the expectation is that everyone needs to have them or they're not as useful to the raid.

The quest was a mistake. They should go back to a design like Wrath or Cata where it's an item for XYZ class, and takes a few months' doing the raid to get one of them. You never saw people saying "LF Rogue, must have daggers" for DS.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-04-27 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being afk for a minute or two and then doing a pre-determined(as in, the same exact sequence every Tendon) rotation for 15 seconds, and repeating that 6 times does what exactly to prepare you for Garrosh? Not falling asleep during a long, mostly boring fight is the only thing I can think of. It has nothing to do with difficulty, but Garrosh and Spine aren't the same thing.
    Dropped back in to say, wow, just wow. You are the epitome of clueless. Haha. I ain't even mad. Just amazed. The people we have to deal with these days...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Most HC guilds had 550 ilvl when ToT was over & SoO began. So the first Garrosh nHC kills have been mostly with 550 ilvl.

Maybe you shouldnt cry asap on the forums and enter some fresh SoO ID's. Might help
    ...550 from TOT? You realize that H TOT dropped 535 i lvl gear right?

Dropped back in to say, wow, just wow. You are the epitome of clueless. Haha. I ain't even mad. Just amazed. The people we have to deal with these days...

- - - Updated - - -

...550 from TOT? You realize that H TOT dropped 535 i lvl gear right?
    I cleared DS heroic when it was current too, you know? Spine was not a more mechanically difficult fight than Garrosh in any way.

And 550 was BiS from ToT heroic, because of HTF(549 upgraded) and the ilevel 600 cloak. And by the time people got to Garrosh normal, people added a few SoO normal pieces to that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you will need to form your own group. People can ask what ever they want for their own groups that's reality and other's will still join. It was easier for me to make a friend and make our own group for challenge modes as it allowed us to immediately kick any bads(there are a lot of them) as it's annoying when your time is wasted.

15+ Year Old Account

Sorry OP, I tried.
    Listen, people have disagreed with you since the start, that's not mob mentality. That's just people disagreeing with you.

You still haven't given any reason for why raid leaders should pick players with lower ilvl and no experience, when they can just as easily being geared players with previous kills.

At least agree to disagree, don't try to insult us just for not sharing your stance on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Listen, people have disagreed with you since the start, that's not mob mentality. That's just people disagreeing with you.

You still haven't given any reason for why raid leaders should pick players with lower ilvl and no experience, when they can just as easily being geared players with previous kills.

At least agree to disagree, don't try to insult us just for not sharing your stance on this.
    Taking lower geared players with no Xp turns them into higher geared players with xp which in turn leads to better groups for everyone. God damn how do you not see this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    No, you're incorrect. The scenario in the OP's post is: He has 550 ilvl gear, but no achievement. (Doesn't have 2200)

You're telling me, as a 2200 player (Killed Garrosh), you'd take me to your RBGs / arenas at 2200+ mmr, when i'm a 1700 player (no Garrosh kill) ?

Seriously. Lets not.
    lets put this in terms that is a lot more fair than your equation. you(2200MMR) garrosh is a 1600MMR boss, and player you deny is at 1700MMR.

you deny him simply because you believe he is either undergeared or underskilled. none of those opinions is his fault. it's yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking lower geared players with no Xp turns them into higher geared players with xp which in turn leads to better groups for everyone. God damn how do you not see this
    But it would waste MY time to train them up, I rather take someone who is ready and able then wasting time training new guy and how can you not see that?

Deleted
    Make and lead your own raid or stop bitching. Other people on the realm don't have to justify themselves to you.

PuGs aren't raiding schools, they aren't meant to teach people. PuGs don't last multiple wipes in most cases, so risking wipes by taking inexperienced people is just going to waste the leader's and the rest of the group's time. Guilds teach people, or maybe friends who can get you into guild runs/good PuGs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Welcome to people Hell, I distinctly recall pugs in Wrath demanding GS so high that you probably needed nothing from the raid to begin with.

The real humor starts when the person setting up the raid doesn't even meet his / her own requirements. "I want a smooth run" and "I want to be carried" are, at times, interchangable.

please never mention tgear score again i got really mad in wrath when i saw lfm naxx 5800 gs+ or ignore

back on topic sadly is your server thats the problem ive not seen that on the servers ive been on so as the other suggested use open raid tho i personaly dont use it
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-04-27 at 06:22 PM.