Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I wouldn't take lower ilvl people too. Lower gear is indicative, although not proof positive that a player isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You think restricting your knowledge to a select few isnt selfish? No one on this planet would be educated if not for people who think exactly thr opposite of what you said.

You must be a millennial.
    There's a difference between runs where people join to learn and runs where the goal is to just kill stuff as quickly as possible. PuGs are NOT the place to learn, friend/guild runs can do that. Unless the run is specifically intended as a learning run, of course, but then they wouldn't have these high requirements.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    There's a difference between runs where people join to learn and runs where the goal is to just kill stuff as quickly as possible. PuGs are NOT the place to learn, friend/guild runs can do that. Unless the run is specifically intended as a learning run, of course, but then they wouldn't have these high requirements.
    Pugs are absolutely a place to learn, why do you think every raod has a designated raid leader? I'm not saying you should have to explain every single mechanic on every fight but as a raid leader it is your responsibility to lead
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    We have had multiple people buy normal and heroic runs from us just they can link the achievement when asked. It's an option that is available to many (a normal Garrosh carry is generally very, very cheap). If you don't want to go that route, farm what bosses you can until you hit 570+ iLvl and get invited everywhere. Normal warforged gear with upgrades plus a cloak will net you close to or above 570. Granted it's a slow route but you've probably got another 4-7 months of farming to save up to get your FoS + mount.

Or... you could buy the run for like 10k and be doing it every week thereafter. Gonna let a little pride get in the way of your professor plums?
    Actually i'm just doing that, was able to get into a normal which took down Malkorok and Spoils, slowly but steady i'm getting there. I just find it rather anyoing, that the requeirments got high so much, but understandable, none likes to wipe
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Pugs are absolutely a place to learn, why do you think every raod has a designated raid leader? I'm not saying you should have to explain every single mechanic on every fight but as a raid leader it is your responsibility to lead
    In most PuGs the leader is just the guy who gets the group together and assigns people to special jobs(if that), he's not the babysitter.(and it has always been that way) In guild groups, the raidleader is indeed the babysitter who makes calls and leads the group. OpenRaid groups are somewhere in between these, because the groups usually end up being a mix or regulars and people that nobody knows.
    So no, you shouldn't expect to get invited to PuGs to learn unless you know the raidleader, and he knows you learn quickly/know what you're doing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It is his responsibility to lead, it is also his responsibility to pick a team that everyone is on similar level of each other so no one is leeching.

Football team for example, if 1 player is obviously way behind others, you would kick him out of the team for the better prospect for the team.

EDIT: if someone want to make a training team for people to learn, good for them. And people should set one up so a team of learner can all go together. People with high requirement often is because they have no plan to be a training group.

10+ Year Old Account
    raid leaders that set high item levels are just trying to get the best possible group together to ensure no wipes.

people freak out at a wipe these days and just bail. Its dumb as dog poop.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly even they leave...almost always the alts of some elitist.
    So you see, people leave if wipes happen more than they desire, taking in lower ilvl people you are only increasing that chance.

I don't understand how you can only be 550ilvl if you raided till Paragon. Someone that only do flex raid will be 548. Unless you were really unlucky and only got 1-2 items in all your raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    I don't understand how you can only be 550ilvl if you raided till Paragon. Someone that only do flex raid will be 548. Unless you were really unlucky and only got 1-2 items in all your raids.
    The lucky never consider the unlucky. I have coined on items I need, ring, neck, and trinket, every single week since release and nothing.

This happens to a lot of players all the time. Just because you have the xp doesn't mean you'll have the gear and therein lies the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
    Because:

Pretty sure he haven't bothered with capping Valor each week because of this reason.
    548 ilvl from Flex is only when person is smart and upgrading everything, but it's you know..."retarded".
    I have 550 equipped with the vast majority of my gear upgraded and I cap every week. However once an item is upgraded I can't spend any more Valor on it and if I don't get the improved version to drop...I'm fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
    You said you are raiding normal. For normal max item level you can get is 561 not 548.
    It's actually closer to 570 because of Warforged and the cloak.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    his happens to a lot of players all the time. Just because you have the xp doesn't mean you'll have the gear and therein lies the problem.
    Yes, it's a problem, but it's YOUR problem. No one else should be looked down on for not inviting every less qualified raider they find on the off-chance they've just been incredibly unlucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Yes, it's a problem, but it's YOUR problem. No one else should be looked down on for not inviting every less qualified raider they find on the off-chance they've just been incredibly unlucky.
    Assigning problems to specific individuals and not to the system as a whole is a hallmark of the selfish, "me me me" mentality. Gear drops are completely out of my control. There is no reason I should suffer. Besides, even with 550 equipped, I do more than enough dps because I know my class and have raided on it at a cutting edge level which is more than I can say for the chuckles who deny me entrance due to an arbitrary number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assigning problems to specific individuals and not to the system as a whole is a hallmark of the selfish, "me me me" mentality.
    And damn those Raid Leader who wouldn't lower the bar just so they can take you in, when you didn't have the gear, and kill achievement as part of their requirement, they should just all make an exception for you, and that isn't selfish?

15+ Year Old Account
    Assigning problems to specific individuals and not to the system as a whole is a hallmark of the selfish, "me me me" mentality. Gear drops are completely out of my control. There is no reason I should suffer. Besides, even with 550 equipped, I do more than enough dps because I know my class and have raided on it at a cutting edge level which is more than I can say for the chuckles who deny me entrance due to an arbitrary number.
    There's no reason others should suffer either. How am I supposed to know that you know your class, tactics or that you do enough dps? All I have is a name and an Ilvl. And then I have other names, with higher ilvls.

I'm not denying you entrance, there's nothing stopping you from creating a raid of your own or finding a guild to do it with. I'm simply not excluding higher geared players for arbitrary reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niight974 View Post
    Yesterday i saw someone asking for ppl ilvl 560+ in order to make ToT Hm ....
    To be fair, that absolutely makes sense. The mechanics in there are heroic mechanics, not faceroll flex/normal mechanics, so you need to overgeare them in order to successfully pug them smoothly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    To be fair, that absolutely makes sense. The mechanics in there are heroic mechanics, not faceroll flex/normal mechanics, so you need to overgeare them in order to successfully pug them smoothly.
    Yeah you totally need to be 30 ilvls above something to pug it. People like you are why this thread even exists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Dont worry man My main a 580 ilvl ret and one of the Top dps paladins in the world for nearly a decade and I have to suck a dick to get into a flex group on my 540 Allaince Ret with a Heiroic heirloom.
    There's your problem. Sadly, that's to be expected from being on the faction that is a liability to PvE/PvP performance, outside of a few odd cases.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Sertii View Post
    As I already mentioned earlier in this thread there's only so much that overgearing content can do for you. On fights like Heroic Dark Animus and Heroic Lei Shen not executing mechanics correctly will still wipe a full bis SoO geared raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread exist because people would go:

"OMG that requirement is ridiculous, but I am so much better than that and I am not like all other random people with lower ilvl eventhough the raid leader doesn't know that, but they should just all lower the bar so people like me, and other lower ilvl people, can get in!!!"

...instead of...

"I cannot meet the requirement of this group as they want ilvl and experience and I have neither, I will either find a group with low requirement, or if not, set one up myself so people in my situation now can all do this together, screw those groups with high requirement we don't need them!"