Deleted

Looking for some tips for ICC achievement

Hi folks,

I'm planning on soloing ICC10 normal later on. The only achievement I need for the meta is Been Waiting a Long Time for This (10 player).

I've seen a few posts on various sites giving some tips, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how the plague mechanic works, so I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how to do this?

I'll be going as ret, 554 ilvl if that matters.

Thanks!

the plague is a debuff that gets on your every once in a while. you have to dispel this debuff onto the adds that spawn during the encounter.

To make sure you can stack the debuff high enough, you should dispel the first 2 without them jumping to any add, otherwise you might be in a pinch later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    The plague won't be cast if you try it solo.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    Slightly off topic, but I'd quite like to try soloing icc on my paladin as I have some good memories of that place. But am not sure how far I can get alone. How easy is it to solo the boat? Can ret or prot get past that dragon that needs to be healed?

Deleted
    Soloing Gunship at 10man normal is easy, and as far as I know 25man is possible, albeit hard. About Valithria - healing her up on 10man is very easy, but on 25man you will be nearing her soft enrage timer [9-10min?]; you can do that, but I advise to solo her on 10, because it's not worth the hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I think this is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Slightly off topic, but I'd quite like to try soloing icc on my paladin as I have some good memories of that place. But am not sure how far I can get alone. How easy is it to solo the boat? Can ret or prot get past that dragon that needs to be healed?
    25m as non healer is doable, for as long as you don't want the Portal Jockey achievement. That however is impossible alone..
    The strat for the achievement is to heal her up before she spawns the portals. You simply don't have the healing power to do this.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    With LFR-flex gear, you can even solo gunship 25 heroic. Valithria 10, 10H, 25 should all be doable; not sure about 25H.
    Regarding the two bosses' achievements; "I'm on a boat" should be always awarded in heroic, even if you jumped on the enemy ship more than twice (it's a bug); Valithria's achievement cannot be done solo.

Deleted
    Can anyone confirm if this is true? I've read about people soloing this achievement, so I assumed it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Puriel2000 View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this is true? I've read about people soloing this achievement, so I assumed it was possible.
    I have seen it not cast while only being by myself while others died to the void in heroic. Worse case scenario get a friend or someone to help and reserve what you want if you have too.

I think that's wrong. Atleast for the 25 man hc version. I solo Arthas each week to get his cute little zombie pony.

... is correct, under most normal conditions. You won't do it easily as a Paladin, there is a way but it's probably best just to bring a friend along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    I think that's wrong. Atleast for the 25 man hc version. I solo Arthas each week to get his cute little zombie pony.
    I farm it also and he never cast the plague if i'm alone.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

We don't need verification, simply put, under normal conditions, Arthas will not cast Plague on a solo player. No need to "check" if it's true.

You can get the achievement solo under certain conditions, but it's probably best to bring a friend along

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Will he cast it on a pet I wonder?
    No, but he will cast it on YOU if you are not tanking...