Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WOD beta and SOO nerfs May 27th possible

Looking into it, Blizzard likes to combat new MMO releases by dropping something the week before its release. I excpect since Wildstar will drop June 2 that this will be the date we see something big happen. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen on the release of WS either. But even then unless they invite everybody to WoD beta I'm sure WS will do well initially.

Honestly it doesnt matter to me how Wildstar fairs its just blizzards norm to do things like that

It's a good business decision whether or not they see the game as a threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since wildstar isn't as popular, big and known as ESO was, no i don't expect blizzard to do anything.
    And they don't even need to, most of the people never heard of Wildstar to began with, not that i'm against Wildstar or anything, just saying things what i heard from everyone i know

But who knows, maybe they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    They're not gonna nerf SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They're not gonna nerf SoO.
    Im sure they will first of all its something they always do with long term content. Second of all Wildstar may not be well known, but thats good for an mmo. Eso was over hyped, swotor was over hyped, warhammer was over hyped, WoW wasnt and had time to polish itself before the masses hit the game. Wildstar so far has a nice solid base to build from. If Blizzard knows about it and if they think its good they will do something, it may just be open beta. ESO was no threat so they didnt respond.

They've already said that valor upgrades are the nerf, and that they aren't doing a blanket % nerf like they did with ICC and DS because that's a horrendous way to do things and they don't like it.

They are going to have to do something eventually. Burn out will come pne way or another at least they have tried to fend it off in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I think one month from now sounds WAY early for Beta.

Secondly, I see no reason they'd nerf SoO and open the Beta at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think that game developers would be more sympathetic for others work and give them a chance to show it off.. but then again it's not them making the decisions is it:s

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    we dont even got f&f alpha and u talk about beta for tomorrow :>
    Where are you from that May 27th is tomorrow?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Where are you from that May 27th is tomorrow?
    mars im 1 month ahead :P na just typed faster than my brain worked dont kill me for that!

Releasing "beta" to a small group of people would literally have no effect on the release of an entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Im sure they will first of all its something they always do with long term content. Second of all Wildstar may not be well known, but thats good for an mmo. Eso was over hyped, swotor was over hyped, warhammer was over hyped, WoW wasnt and had time to polish itself before the masses hit the game. Wildstar so far has a nice solid base to build from. If Blizzard knows about it and if they think its good they will do something, it may just be open beta. ESO was no threat so they didnt respond.
    Neither is Wildstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They've already said that valor upgrades are the nerf
    They said that, but it's a lie. 8 item levels that you have instantly aren't any kind of nerf, they are intended. Also note that such a thing is like an 7% advantage or something- it barely matters. Certainly nowhere near the stacking up to 30% thing.

It also doesn't do the other thing stacking stuff does- fix the goddamned problem of long raid tiers. In raid tiers, people leave. New people walking into a 30% nerfed instance isn't the end of the world. New people who are five months away from their supposed "upgrades" is meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Neither is Wildstar.
    Wildstar is technically flawless. The devs may have some bad calls- I can't tell for sure, but 40 man raids sound terrible- but the game is super solid, has better plot than WoW, flows better than WoW, controls better than WoW. Those are a lot of things. Not everything, but a lot. It'll take some subs for sure.

please dont tell me they are nerfing something so faceroll.

The reason that there arent so many people who have completed HC raiding is because they have quit. Not because its too difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    It's still too hard for some people.

Makes you sad just thinking about the reality of that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They've already said that valor upgrades are the nerf, and that they aren't doing a blanket % nerf like they did with ICC and DS because that's a horrendous way to do things and they don't like it.
    Who says it will be blanket nerf? They can simply nerf more than 2 bosses at time and by specific number, at that. Or maybe couple changes every week, going further every time. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Secondly, I see no reason they'd nerf SoO and open the Beta at the same time.
    Only small minority will get beta access, so I don't see why it would prevent them from changing SoO in any way. Most of people will still be on live servers and largely unnaffected by beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post

The reason that there arent so many people who have completed HC raiding is because they have quit. Not because its too difficult.
    And then you got like 75% of the playerbase, still stuck in LFR because they dont got the achievements for doing Flex or Normal, maybe they get a chance after it gets nerfed? But yeah, its pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore