Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only druids for fcing in bgs

10+ Year Old Account
    All signs point to yes.

A) Tanks will be in the ballpark of 75% of a dps's dps (Way up from the 30-50% they are currently).
    B) All stats a tank can get will have offensive value, with the possible exception of CDR depending on class.
    C) Tanks are MORE then 25% tougher then dps.

You will most likely see a LOT of tanks of all kinds in lower rated arenas when 6.0 hits. At higher rating, tanks tend to not have as much control and mobility as their dps counterpart. Let me see... Monks, DKs, and Paladin tanks will most likely NOT be seen at all in higher ratings, as they will be easily kited. Warriors and Bears will most likely have some sort of presence. Warriors because they have the same mobility as Arms (Also Glad Stance), Druids because they are looking to have KILLER HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Gladiator stance warriors everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaelRah View Post
    Turtle cleave will rise agaiN!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It is hard to determine at this point because

- We don't know how high tank dmg will be
    - Resolve will not work in pvp and tank survivability might be designed with fair amounts of resolve in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Undoubtedly there will be PVP adjustments.

Maybe Blizzard will finally bite the bullet and force you out of tank specs in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Welcome back BloodDK's to the arena. We missed you.
    Fuck no, we didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZaelRah View Post
    You know they lose all their tank benefits in Glad stance yeah? Can't swap in combat either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I sincerely hope not.
    I hope so, aslong as they're not OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Undoubtedly there will be PVP adjustments.

Maybe Blizzard will finally bite the bullet and force you out of tank specs in PVP.

Fuck no, we didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

You know they lose all their tank benefits in Glad stance yeah? Can't swap in combat either.
    What is wrong with it as long as it is not op? Other games have shown that tanks can work in pvp.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Tankspecs making a comeback in PVP?
    They never left PvP (well perhaps sans Prot Pala and Blood DK). Try playing a RBG without a flag carrier. Even in random BGs a tank can often tip the fight in the favor of his team. Carrying flag, capping and defending points etc. There's plenty of things tanks can do to significantly contribute towards winning the BG.

Welcome back BloodDK's to the arena. We missed you.
    I'm unsure about tanking specs in arenas. If it's a case of low rating, I'm fine with it. However, comps with tanks shouldn't ever be high-rating viable (2k+).

Deleted
    I loved Prot Warrior in the past but the massive influx of mitigation and expansion after expansion of new abilities/CC/mechanics have meant that they cant balance a Tank spec correctly in PVP.

I really hope the level 100 Glad stance for warrior allows Prot Warrior to be viable in a DPS/OffTank/Support kind of roll, similar to the tanks in SWTOR for anyone who's played.

Deleted
    Tanks never left pvp, Guardian druids everywhere flag carrying.

Imo they need to nerf tanks more for wod because as Holinka said "When tanks are having fun in pvp, usually nobody else is"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Imo they need to nerf tanks more for wod
    IMO, tanks are perfectly fine as they are. Talking from RBG perspective not all tanking specs are viable, but those who aren't have a top tier other spec (HPally, Frost DK).

So yes, if you like playing your Prot Pala or Blood DK in PvP, bummer.

I really hope they will be viable again, at least in low rating arenas and BGs. I dont see a reason why they shouldnt. I had most fun in Wotlk when playing prot paladin. It was nice alternative to ret and far from OP. More sustained dmg, more survivability, less burst - and thats how I think they will change protection specs - give them more sustainced dmg to present a threat but low burst.

Curent status is that only druids can carry a flag and the rest of prot specs cant do a shit.
    Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
    Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
    Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What is wrong with it as long as it is not op? Other games have shown that tanks can work in pvp.
    Other games have different mechanics for tanks, WoW's tanks are just nerfed DPS with a fuckton more defensive cooldowns and better baseline damage reduction. As I said before, if Tanks were as much a pain for Wizards as they are for Physical DPS (More specifically Melee, as Hunters don't get parried) then sure. But considering how much complaint there was about "not being able to cast" in MoP, it's highly doubtful they'd even consider allowing Tanks to do that in PvP in WoD when they're supposed to be putting emphasis on casting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Other games have different mechanics for tanks, WoW's tanks are just nerfed DPS with a fuckton more defensive cooldowns and better baseline damage reduction. As I said before, if Tanks were as much a pain for Wizards as they are for Physical DPS (More specifically Melee, as Hunters don't get parried) then sure. But considering how much complaint there was about "not being able to cast" in MoP, it's highly doubtful they'd even consider allowing Tanks to do that in PvP in WoD when they're supposed to be putting emphasis on casting.
    But that does not mean that they can't change them.

I don't think they will make a comeback at all after thinking about it some more. I mean the two specs that would even be close would be druids and warriors. Druids because they can shift forms and cat form will use their gear decently, and warriors because of the new stance they can talent into. However, the reason I don't think either will make a comeback is because it is not just about damage. Tanks worked in wrath because of their tools. Warriors don't have any of that stuff anymore, and most of the tools you get as a class you get as talents so they are available to the DPS specs as well. Perhaps if you had a double tank 3v3 team you might be able to make it work, but any 3v3 game with one tank is just going to get ignored. They won't be able to do enough scary damage, and their toolkit will be not as well fleshed out for killing people as the dps version. Their boosted defensives will just be wasted because they just won't get targeted.

However, Blizzard is notorious for just letting PvP crap go for months on end so it is entirely possible that a reworked Prot Paladin will be a major force because of some broken mechanic and their ability to keep their team mates out of trouble. Who knows. Point is, if you are playing sub 2k then you might be irritated by it and lose a few here and there, but they will not be "viable" past that really.

Pillar humping is avoidable, it's called slows and CC.
    As a Hunter, I still have nightmares of pillar-humping Druids. If they were any good they were an absolute nightmare to catch.

Honestly, I don't think tank specs deserve to have literally zero role in PVP. I'm hoping they can at least justify themselves in Ashran.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    As a Hunter, I still have nightmares of pillar-humping Druids. If they were any good they were an absolute nightmare to catch.

Honestly, I don't think tank specs deserve to have literally zero role in PVP. I'm hoping they can at least justify themselves in Ashran.
    My Mistweaver will give you nightmares.

Why doe dps and healers 'deserve' a role in pvp? What makes them so special?

Tanks in RBG's make sense I hope more specs are played in 6.0 besides bears. I assume this thread is more about Arena as most RBG groups run or try to run with a bear tank.

Tanks in arena's doesn't really work because there is no way to really force players to attack you. And why would you attack the players best suited to take damage? If they give tanks to much damage they will be broke like they were before vengeance was removed from pvp. It would be cool if they made taunts so they took the damage the target was dealing instead of who they are attacking but that is very different and I doubt it will happen.

I dont see a good place for tanks in arena without huge changes to tanks but really hope to see a larger variety in RBG's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Tanks in arena's doesn't really work because there is no way to really force players to attack you. And why would you attack the players best suited to take damage? If they give tanks to much damage they will be broke like they were before vengeance was removed from pvp. It would be cool if they made taunts so they took the damage the target was dealing instead of who they are attacking but that is very different and I doubt it will happen.

I dont see a good place for tanks in arena without huge changes to tanks but really hope to see a larger variety in RBG's.
    This why I(and others) suggest give tanks an ability to take X amount of damage of a party member , like in swtor and warhammer.