Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazozourus View Post
    I can understand your vision of the world without flying. I played the game when flying wasn't available and I will continue to do so. I will miss it though. Warlords shapes to have some great environments and I really want to explore them on the ground and from the sky.
    Anyway there is no need to express your vision and calling people names in the process.

Chasing away post got me my doner kebab. (inside joke)
    But if Kebab is of remove?

That probably isn't the same joke, also it's spelt Donor. As for the the flying, I'm not as hyped about it now, I thought that flying was going to be of remove EVERYWHERE, not just post-100 WoD content.

Oh well, if people don't like it, they'll change it back in 6.1 or something. Also I just call people names without even really thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendal View Post
    This site needs a like button.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    It's obvious to us that have brain cells that this is a RaF mount...meanwhile the people that play a Warrior are confused to what we are talking about.

Lol I figured it out instantly and I play a warrior.

There are a LOT of thickies here, though.

The flying/no flying argument has been done to death over the last few months - but this is the first time I've heard/seen blizzard really strongly indicate that they may not plan to implement it at all. Yes they have said things before that COULD be taken to mean as much - but this is a lot stronger indication. The very fact that they included a question that basically asked if they are going to have flying at all - and they DIDNT answer it is a very strong indication. At this stage in the development of WoD, of course they know if they plan to have flight. They may have the ability - and maybe the need - to alter their plans regarding it but they know what their plans are!

Personally I don't have a problem at all with being stuck on the ground while questing..... even at max level if there are max level zones with questing taking place, I have no problem really being forced to stay on the ground. However once the first patch has arrived (as they indicated originally) and once the zone is completed (maybe completing the zone could unlock flying there?) I want to be able to fly.

Like many people I spend a lot of time in queues for LFR or Flex. I don't however just sit in the city or shrine while doing this usually. I am usually out picking flowers, or mining ore, doing dailies (which I believe there wont be many of in WoD), doing other things in the world. I will definitely not be so keep to go and do these if I cannot fly. I know I am not alone. This maybe only my opinion, but in my opinion not having flying AT ALL in WoD (in WoD zones I mean - I know it will exist in other places still) will 100% definately create a LOT more fo World of Queuecraft in cities. People wont WANT to get out and do something while waiting in a queue. People wont WANT to be questing in a max level area where they have cleared mobs and then join a queue - as they will come back to a sticky death when they leave the raid/dungeon and find themself back in what they cleared earlies. Currently, if I am doing something like that and a queue pops - I kill the mob I am on - and then fly up so when I come back I don't suddenly commit suicide by leaving a raid! This is not about "avoiding" content. This is about respawning in the game world after leaving a raid and finding yourself in a group of 20 mobs! It's a pain - it has no gameplay value.

I personally also find it an affront that they still sell flying mounts if we will not be able to use them as flying mounts in the content we will be in. Yes they will make them so they go on the ground too....... but you don't buy a sports car and then find the engine has been downgraded so it only goes 30 MPH and are happy about it. Maybe they should sell the mounts at a discount and call them something like "Crippled Fiery Mechanical Mount"

Deleted
    I can understand the reasoning behind not including flying in the WoD zone, but I personally really hate the thought of it.

I've always hated quests; I hate all "scripted" parts of every game, because they feel forced and in-your-face, almost like commercials. They are at their worst when you are not allowed to 'skip' them. Even grinding/farming is more fun to me. As much as I appreciate that they want to cater to the players of their "perceived" main part of the game (questing), I feel that it is wrong to make gameplay changes this significant just to "force" that part to come out well, at the cost of freedom of play.

Although I appreciate that flying through important parts of quests isn't how they intended this game to work, it particularly hurts that some of the most awesome rewards obtainable in the game have always been (flying) mounts (flying ones for as long as they existed). Think arena rewards, think raid rewards, think achievement rewards, think expensive profession crafts (perhaps with the exception of legendary weapons, which weren't for every class). Heck, they even make people pay €20 for 'exclusive' cool mounts. And now they want to remove a large core part of what made those mounts so 'cool' in favor of... Quests.

Removing the major part of these mounts' awesomeness in favor of making forced parts of quests work better, which is a part of the game that I try to skip as much as possible, is a really painful thought for me. Walking around on a flying machine or a skeletal winged drake just doesn't do it justice.

I really sincerely hope they will allow players to fly through the most important zones, particularly gathering zones. Free flight is a means of transportation that is way more fun than a flight path. It just is, no matter how pretty or funky-looking or quick and efficient a flight path is. I much rather just fly and explore.

I hope they will not kill my gaming experience in favor of that of some others. But I am a bit concerned. :-(

Deleted
    A lot of good news in the blue post.

One is a bit of knowledge: we can now expand the dictionary of Blizzard-terms, like the well-loved Blizzard-soon referring to "we'd like to give you that before summer" morphing to a December ("hey, it is before summer, you just misunderstood which summer we talked about!").

First term to add is Blizzard-assassinate. It means:
    1. meet a leader of a fighting force unable to take a fortress by force
    2. listen to him come up with a brilliant plan: instead of wasting a whole platoon of top-level soldiers on storming the fortress let's have you assassinate the leader
    3. find out you can only perform the said assassination by storming the fortress and busting through its defences while the poor wee platoon with its brilliant leader sits back and enjoys a coffee
    4. ....?
    5. profit!
    Thank you, Blizzard, for presenting us with another proof that idiocy of humankind is, indeed, unlimited.
    On a side note, flying in to kill only the leader of a fortress and quickly withdraw with, say, a hearthstone, is exactly what I understand under term assassination.

Another term to add is Blizsign, a malamanteau of Blizzard and design, which is not just a portmanteau due to the fact modern Blizdevs would not recognize actual design if it jumped up and kicked them on the ass.
    So I used to do Tillers dailies. Yes, I did my best to avoid aggroing the monkeys whose deaths didn't contribute to anything the Tillers actually wanted me to do.
    Now here's a bit of real magic:
    It didn't happen because the said monkeys were a meaningless piece of shit I only approached for the VPs and rep. No, I didn't avoid wasting my time on them because they meant nothing to me as a result of Blizzard screwing up the story so much it wasn't even remotely resembling a story I'd want to take part in. It was me being a lazy bum and now I'll get my just punishment by being mechanically forced to waste my time on killing mobs that mean absolutely nothing to me. Yes Blizzard, please take my money!!!

The whole passage about smooth transition from levelling to end-game was so much rambling babbling I wouldn't really recommend wasting time on parsing it to anyone I don't personally dislike. Good to see Blizzard is no longer even trying to make some sense.

More good stuff is a bit of openness, but it's not quite so exciting since open insults flung at the customer is something we should already be well acquainted with.

Making a fun game makes people want to play the game, not nickle and diming their time.
    Because spending a ton of development time on adding iconic Pay2Win features to a Pay2Play game is not nickel-and-diming at all. It's only nickel and diming if it's you who takes 5 seconds to think before spending money.

The dishonest are want to identify dishonesty, even where it doesn't exist.
    There's nothing more convincing than bouncing a well-grounded accusation back at the accuser. Yes, I don't have any doubts there are people out there stupid enough to by that BS.

GJ Blizzard, another huge wall of blue text saying why I should spend my money on something very different from WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Cry on forums about how easy the game has become and how lame and dishonest Blizzard is. Gosh! Don't you know ANYTHING!?
    This is the funniest thing I've read on this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    being mechanically forced to waste my time on killing mobs that mean absolutely nothing to me. Yes Blizzard, please take my money!!!
    You see, and Blizzard initially had that aspect fixed and nailed when Timeless Isle first came out.

If you aggroed a bunch of tigers you would kill them, because they drop timeless coins, and timeless coins are part of progressing that part, as well as the fact that every mob had a chance to drop the quest items for the weekly quest, so killing them was actually fun.

But then eventually you get pulled back into "It's all about the raid." the coins are useless, glhf. "FUCK I JUST AGGROED A TIGER, FUCK THIS GAME"
    If they want players to enjoy participating in all of the aspects that make up the game play, THEN THEY SHOULD ALL BE DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE FUN. How the fuck hard is that to figure out?

If you could buy consumable "fun items", or useful items that you will always need throughout the lifespan of the content with a zone specific currency item, people would happily aggro every trash mob and fight it.

None of this. "We want players to feel a real sense of danger in Draenor." Really? Is your target audience 5 years old now? Anybody who has so much trouble separating reality from fantasy that they feel a real sense of danger in Draenor needs to stop playing WoW and start seeing a psychiatrist immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You see, and Blizzard initially had that aspect fixed and nailed when Timeless Isle first came out.
    Yep. It didn't last too long, since now I mostly go there for Ordos and the odd VP farm, but it's still a funny little place to go and kill some stuff for some reward
    I don't mind being grounded there too much.

If you aggroed a bunch of tigers you would kill them, because they drop timeless coins, and timeless coins are part of progressing that part, as well as the fact that every mob had a chance to drop the quest items for the weekly quest, so killing them was actually fun.
    I still prefer not to aggro more than 1 or 2 that really insist on getting in my way. My hunter main oneshots them, other 90s are close to that and the rewards tend to be tiny too, so I'd rather not take the time to dismount, kill, loot and mount again ;-P

But then eventually you get pulled back into "It's all about the raid." the coins are useless, glhf. "FUCK I JUST AGGROED A TIGER, FUCK THIS GAME"
    Well you can still get 535s by farming it enough. Not in the FUCK realm for me yet.

If they want players to enjoy participating in all of the aspects that make up the game play, THEN THEY SHOULD ALL BE DELIBERATELY DESIGNED TO BE FUN. How the fuck hard is that to figure out?
    It might be more about Blizdevs realizing they suck too hard to actually pull it off and turn to forcing people to do boring stuff instead.

If you could buy consumable "fun items", or useful items that you will always need throughout the lifespan of the content with a zone specific currency item, people would happily aggro every trash mob and fight it.
    So much this.

None of this. "We want players to feel a real sense of danger in Draenor." Really? Is your target audience 5 years old now? Anybody who has so much trouble separating reality from fantasy that they feel a real sense of danger in Draenor needs to stop playing WoW and start seeing a psychiatrist immediately.
    Sound more like a bit of BS to announce instead of straight away admitting WoD will need artificial slowdowns to hopefully avoid people unsubbing by having done everything relevant too soon.

Oh well. Let's wait and see what happens. I don't intend to pay sub over 6.0, so it won't cost me to sit back and watch.

I'm quite thrilled for this personally. It's only gonna enhance the leveling experience. Hell, the only thing I do now in days is sit on my flying mount in Org, which i'll still be able to do in the expansion. .