I have one waiting for me for Christmas. I REALLY want to get some 3rd party games but my roommate already has ACIII for Xbox and I have Darksiders/Batman/etc for PC. ZombiU is... I'm not sure if it's my kind of game. I have a tendency to just play through a game once and be done with it, although most of what I've heard is that people love it.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    I have one waiting for me for Christmas. I REALLY want to get some 3rd party games but my roommate already has ACIII for Xbox and I have Darksiders/Batman/etc for PC. ZombiU is... I'm not sure if it's my kind of game. I have a tendency to just play through a game once and be done with it, although most of what I've heard is that people love it.
    All I can say is definitely don't get AC3 on the U if you already have it on another console. The gamepad really doesn't add anything for this game.

Batman is cool because the gamepad actually gets used a bit, but if you already have it then idk lol...it might be worth it if you could get it as a gift. For the types of games you're looking at Batman probably uses the gamepad the most. It seems like ZombiU might use the gamepad a bit from the videos I've seen, but I haven't played it so I can't say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wii U costs way to much for my liking, and there's to few games I am interested in for it. So it's not likely at all that I will get one.
    Well, I said that about the Wii as well. Then skyward sword came out.. (already had twilight princess on the gamecube so didn't "need" the wii before).

Have heard rumors of a Zelda game coming to the Wii U, so I will probably end up getting one when that happens though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    The Wii U costs way to much for my liking, and there's to few games I am interested in for it. So it's not likely at all that I will get one.
    Well, I said that about the Wii as well. Then skyward sword came out.. (already had twilight princess on the gamecube so didn't "need" the wii before).

Have heard rumors of a Zelda game coming to the Wii U, so I will probably end up getting one when that happens though.
    There are rumors that majora's mask might be ported to WiiU, but that's only rumors, I did the same with twilight princess, loved it on gamecube, I heard a lot of people complain about it on Wii. Sadly my Wii didn't live up enough for me to buy skyward sword :'c.

10+ Year Old Account
    kinda curious about Darksiders 2 for the Wii U though, but I already got it for PS3.

There are rumors that majora's mask might be ported to WiiU, but that's only rumors, I did the same with twilight princess, loved it on gamecube, I heard a lot of people complain about it on Wii. Sadly my Wii didn't live up enough for me to buy skyward sword :'c.
    Ugh, majoras mask was one of the worst zelda games in my opinion. 90% of that is because of the time aspect, I hate timed games. I am stressed out enough already, don't need that added stress :O
    Twilight princess was ok, but not a huge fan. Should have tried it on the wii, controls where awkward on the gamecube (especially for the double clawshot..).

And my only complaint for skyward sword is the whole tears or whatever collecting in the "spirit realms", that honestly sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    MM would probably make it to 3DS long before Wii U unless it's just another eshop purchase like the Wii version. The game engine is already on the system from the OoT remake.
    Only problem with TP on the Wii was the wrist waggle attack system and aiming was kind of hard sometimes with the remote. Neither of them were that bad though, but people just love to shit on any semblance of motion controls.

Deleted
    Zelda games used to sell me a console, but recently my tastes have moved from them, otherwise I would have snapped one up. At his stage not interested, for me the wii was a joke console (hugely succesfull joke) and I will rather wait and see if it has any longevity that the wii didnt. Dont even wipe the dust off my wii anymore, makes it look 'classic'

ZombiU does use the game pad a bit, both for inventory and for controlling things like gun turrets and for scanning objects. ZombiU has awesome multiplayer (only local though) as one person spawns zombies with the gamepad while the other person has to kill them.

Mario Bros is also good with some of the challenges requiring one person on the gamepad and another on mario. They really have integrated it well, at least for their proprietary games)

Hey guys, got a Wii U a couple of days after launch and I havn't updated it due to my stupid limited 3G quota... Today I went to play a Wii game on it as the one I ordered off Ebay arrived and the stupid console says to me "You need to update to enable this function" i'm confused as previously I played Super Smash Bros Brawl on the console... I never gave it my wifi details to force the issue of not upgrading...

anyway the wii simply will not run until I update it so my hand is being forced... what i'm wondering is how many mb of updates will a "brand new just unpacked" wii u need? im not game to ask it to update as i've heard that if you stop during the download process of the update you can brick your console which I really don't want to do!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account

Wii U Discussion Thread

Since I see a lot of banter regarding the Wii U and it's upcoming game list I've decided it's probably better to have all the banter here about the Wii U so we can stick to the thread contents of whatever game it might in other threads (Smash Bros. is an exmaple).

I've owned a Wii U since December (parents were kind enough to get me a Zelda one, bless their hearts I'm 19 currently and didn't expect shit) and while it occasionally eats dust, if I had an Xbone or a PS4, they'd eat dust too at certain points.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the console as a whole, I enjoyed the presentation of the Miiverse and I do like the backwards compatability but it would be cooler if they could make a Gamecube controller adapter for a usb slot so I could play my Gamecube games on the Wii U in Wii mode. I like the fact that if they don't have N64 games on the Wii U store then you just go to Wii mode and get them there. Good console and you'd be surprised how awesome the tablet is.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Since I see a lot of banter regarding the Wii U and it's upcoming game list I've decided it's probably better to have all the banter here about the Wii U so we can stick to the thread contents of whatever game it might in other threads (Smash Bros. is an exmaple).

I've owned a Wii U since December (parents were kind enough to get me a Zelda one, bless their hearts I'm 19 currently and didn't expect shit) and while it occasionally eats dust, if I had an Xbone or a PS4, they'd eat dust too at certain points.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the console as a whole, I enjoyed the presentation of the Miiverse and I do like the backwards compatability but it would be cooler if they could make a Gamecube controller adapter for a usb slot so I could play my Gamecube games on the Wii U in Wii mode. I like the fact that if they don't have N64 games on the Wii U store then you just go to Wii mode and get them there. Good console and you'd be surprised how awesome the tablet is.
    I also got the zelda bundle in December and love it! I, too, was surprised at the how cool the tablet is. I spent many an hour drawing to post on the miiverse. ( https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/SymphonicRox ) So much fun!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting it at the end of May with that Mario Kart 8 bundle, too many games I'd like to play to pass up on a deal like that. Think I'm going to get a couple of those "pro" controllers though because I'm still not a motion gamer. Tried it with the iPhone, tilting to turn isn't as fun as just steering. Can control my drift better with that. Also because it's a huge Wii U year with Mario Kart 8, Super smash Bros (both look to be some of the most visually appealing games Nintendo has every released) and because Bayonetta 2 is still supposed to be releasing on the Wii U. Hopefully it's this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I also got the zelda bundle in December and love it! I, too, was surprised at the how cool the tablet is. I spent many an hour drawing to post on the miiverse. ( https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/SymphonicRox ) So much fun!
    Check your Charizard picture.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Check your Charizard picture.
    Hahahah! Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I'm getting it at the end of May with that Mario Kart 8 bundle, too many games I'd like to play to pass up on a deal like that. Think I'm going to get a couple of those "pro" controllers though because I'm still not a motion gamer.
    I haven't had problems with the gamepad playing games that would normally use the pro controller. For example, wind waker. It is surprisingly effective and enjoyable. I haven't gotten a pro controller, yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahah! Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had problems with the gamepad playing games that would normally use the pro controller. For example, wind waker. It is surprisingly effective and enjoyable. I haven't gotten a pro controller, yet.
    Any time, have you followed.

The gamepad was perfectly executed in regards to Wind Waker HD. I think one of the greatest things about the gamepad is that you can play the game on the gamepad while someone else might want tv, put your headphones (or headset?) in and enjoy the game.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'm going to get a couple of those "pro" controllers though because I'm still not a motion gamer.
    I love the pro controller so much. I'm fine with using the tablet as a controller, but the pro controller just feels so nice and light, but it's still a solid piece of equipment. Mine's been beat up a bit and it's still working just fine.

I'd say it's definitely worth getting at least one.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The console is still too expensive. Gonna wait until Christmas comes around so I can buy it for a cheaper price tag of 200$.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahahah! Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll still use it to give it a try no problem but I'm mainly getting it as a party system for when I have company over, as it's one of the easiest "hook up 4 controllers and play" systems just like it's predecessors. I think it's easier/cheaper to get 3 additional pro controllers than it would be to get 3 additional gamepads. I'll have to look into it some more.

I'll still use it to give it a try no problem but I'm mainly getting it as a party system for when I have company over, as it's one of the easiest "hook up 4 controllers and play" systems just like it's predecessors. I think it's easier/cheaper to get 3 additional pro controllers than it would be to get 3 additional gamepads. I'll have to look into it some more.
    Essentially you can have 4 controllers and 1 gamepad, so you have 5 people in a game. The person with the gamepad generally has different things tasks to accomplish. Best multiplayer game I have found so far is NintendoLand. Give that game a chance, we love that one!

Merged with existing thread.