Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Memory Lane: WoW Patch 1.1

Lets take a trip down memory lane shall we? Here are the games patch notes from 1.1!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.1.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue:
    New Ability: Safe Fall (Level 40).

Ah, one of my favorite passives... Why just the other day I was playing around with a Hunter who thought, lets go up on his 2-person mount a bit fall to our deaths. Hunter went splat. I went "Heh." Gonna take more height than that to kill me, buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won’t take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the Onyxia encounter. **During the beta testing there will be a temporary placeholder vendor who sells keys to Onyxia’s lair for testing purposes.

Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths, lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.
    ** Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in raid encounters

OMG I remember this, those times you realize you have been playing forever.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

"Paladin talents are now available."

Are you saying that all talents weren't available on release? Okay...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post

they were totally untalented

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post

This was actually a large beta patch pushed a few weeks before launch. The game launched with patch 1.1.1, and was updated to more rounded out patch 1.2 a few weeks after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    People Mock new mmos that release broken, but wow really was broken on release. WoW launched during a sweet spot time. A few months later, and it might not have been as big.

sounds better than WoD.

<everything has been nerfed, made less fun, or simply removed>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People Mock new mmos that release broken, but wow really was broken on release. WoW launched during a sweet spot time. A few months later, and it might not have been as big.
    ''WoW was released in 2004, new MMO's are released 2014! There's a difference in technology so those games shouldn't be broken!''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sounds better than WoD.

<everything has been nerfed, made less fun, or simply removed>
    Take a quick look at paladins on that link and tell me thats better than now

Interesting that leather working, enchanting, and engineering didn't go up to 300 at the start.

Lol I didn't play this game until Wotlk, but I noticed this patch had many skills require a reagent, how horrifying! O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    ''WoW was released in 2004, new MMO's are released 2014! There's a difference in technology so those games shouldn't be broken!''
    There are always going to be bugs, but a good bit of mmos get slammed and are in pretty good states at launch. Rift for example launched amazingly if I remember right. Eso, i guess is an example of a broken launch. Swtor would be somewhere in the middle. WoW was probably as broken as ESO is now at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    There are always going to be bugs, but a good bit of mmos get slammed and are in pretty good states at launch. Rift for example launched amazingly if I remember right. Eso, i guess is an example of a broken launch. Swtor would be somewhere in the middle. WoW was probably as broken as ESO is now at launch.
    I hope it does well. So other MMO's and WoW itself improves as a chemical reaction effect. Know what I mean? But that's another thread.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    Interesting that leather working, enchanting, and engineering didn't go up to 300 at the start.
    This wasn't the start, this was before launch. Wow launched with 1.1.1, not 1.1, and was patched to 1.2 weeks after launching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    This was actually a large beta patch pushed a few weeks before launch. The game launched with patch 1.1.1, and was updated to more rounded out patch 1.2 a few weeks after launch.
    Ah, that sounds much more reasonable. That paladin Aura of Healing sounds interesting though.

People seem to love broken games, I wonder why they don't like ESO

Tauren players will no longer have the Plainsrunning ability, due to the availability of Kodo mounts! Tauren players can purchase the Kodo mount at Bloodhoof village.
    Anyone here that tried the Plainsrunning ability when it was available?

Deleted
    I didn't play until TBC but I remember the day this patch hit I was with my friend and we were watching his brother play on his Orc Shaman. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Anyone here that tried the Plainsrunning ability when it was available?
    This is what it looked like. It took a few seconds of running to reach full speed. It was broken so they removed it. I kinda wish they would have kept it, and made it take like 2 seconds to fully activate so its balanced with the 1.5sec cast time of mounts.