Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    You sum up WoDs features pretty good tbh.

<Nothing new has been added, everyone has been nerfed and we removed some fun things>
    You're right - Developers who've now got ~10 years experience, and a lot more to lose are actually going backwards with Warlords. Patch 1.1 was totally a lot better ...

Some of you are utterly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People Mock new mmos that release broken, but wow really was broken on release. WoW launched during a sweet spot time. A few months later, and it might not have been as big.
    Thats because a majority of these "mmo experts" are wrath babies that honestly believe that WoW was the first MMO ever.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

This is what it looked like. It took a few seconds of running to reach full speed. It was broken so they removed it. I kinda wish they would have kept it, and made it take like 2 seconds to fully activate so its balanced with the 1.5sec cast time of mounts.

Is that Outland? It looks like the Forest of Terrokkar. He runs past a Phasebeast about half-way through the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that Outland? It looks like the Forest of Terrokkar. He runs past a Phasebeast about half-way through the video.
    No that is more like around Dire Maul... you know the place no one goes to anymore. (certainly not by riding there)

10+ Year Old Account
    All I have to say is Druid aquatic form quest. Before they added the breathing vent.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah.. it was horrifying lol, being a rogue and forgetting to stock up on vanish powder so you can't vanish..

I forgot a lot of stuff I had to do, like crafting poisons was basically a profession. Leveling lockpick was hell, and I think all casters had their buffs require reagents.

Good times!

Rose tinted glasses guys, I don't think anyone enjoyed these things.. especially the fire resist in MC for example
    Regarding the reagents: I legitimately enjoyed having to use reagents. I still carry them in my character's bags. Was buying bulk stacks of X reagent every Y days that hard? I don't see why it was a big deal or hard to remember to do, it's part of playing an RPG (you know, that thing WoW used to be) *shrug*

I agree that leveling lockpicking was hell, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    Regarding the reagents: I legitimately enjoyed having to use reagents. I still carry them in my character's bags. Was buying bulk stacks of X reagent every Y days that hard? I don't see why it was a big deal or hard to remember to do, it's part of playing an RPG (you know, that thing WoW used to be) *shrug*

I agree that leveling lockpicking was hell, though.
    Back when they only stacked to like 10? I think the paladin blessing buff material only stacked to 100 in Wrath of the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    People Mock new mmos that release broken, but wow really was broken on release. WoW launched during a sweet spot time. A few months later, and it might not have been as big.
    Well MMO, and many SP games as well, tend to mature after 2~ years from release. So really, I'd recommend not playing an MMO at launch, but after 2 years.

Of course, if everyone would do that, there wouldn't be any MMO at all, ever.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Back when they only stacked to like 10? I think the paladin blessing buff material only stacked to 100 in Wrath of the Lich King.
    Yes. Personally, I didn't know they stack to 100 till now. They're stacked in 10s/20s for me still lol. I even had my Paladin reagents (50 in total, 25 Kings/Divinity) before I accidentally sold them.

With the amount of bag space we have these days (unless you're hoarding items or are a transmog addict), and now that they stack to 100, I don't see how reagents are a bad thing. It's just another RPG element that has gone the way of "convenience", just the same as not having to require arrows for your bow, magically pulling a mining pick or fishing rod out of your rear, and teleporting into the expansion's "Big Bad" end boss and killing him with 24 people you'll never meet again.

The continuing loss of RPG elements is saddening.

And yes, the "Plainsrunning" video is in Outland and is actually a mount bug/lag. The Tauren is mounted but the mount isn't displayed, so it looks like he's running instead. A demonstration of what Plainsrunning was, rather than the actual ability. (this still happens too; if you're on a flying mount then your character swims through the air)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    With the amount of bag space we have these days (unless you're hoarding items or are a transmog addict), and now that they stack to 100, I don't see how reagents are a bad thing. It's just another RPG element that has gone the way of "convenience", just the same as not having to require arrows for your bow, magically pulling a mining pick or fishing rod out of your rear, and teleporting into the expansion's "Big Bad" end boss and killing him with 24 people you'll never meet again.
    You have bigger bags, but you also have dual specs, multiple gear sets, separate pvp gear and hybrids have multiple viable roles. You didn't have that back in the days, you were pretty much limited to a single role. Yeah, sure, resistance gear for tanks, but that was the exception.

Also, "group" buffs were group buffs, not raid buffs. If you had 8 priests (or 5 in TBC), it was fine. If you didn't, well then, some of them used their reagents faster, had to buy more and it was quite a nuisance.

Hell, I change talents quite a bit in raiding and respec tomes are annoying as well. If I had to do it for every PW:F... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You have bigger bags, but you also have dual specs, multiple gear sets, separate pvp gear and hybrids have multiple viable roles. You didn't have that back in the days, you were pretty much limited to a single role. Yeah, sure, resistance gear for tanks, but that was the exception.

Also, "group" buffs were group buffs, not raid buffs. If you had 8 priests (or 5 in TBC), it was fine. If you didn't, well then, some of them used their reagents faster, had to buy more and it was quite a nuisance.

Hell, I change talents quite a bit in raiding and respec tomes are annoying as well. If I had to do it for every PW:F... no thanks.
    Resistance gear for tanks? I don't know about you but you had "layers" in the guild to what amount of resist would be good enough for your role. Tanks had to invest heavily in resist X. While other classes could get by with 80 resist X (excluding paladin aura). So no everyone should have had some resist gear.

And you could not stack yourself with just resist... that would seriously gimp you in dps/healing. While spellpower and the like were next to non-existant, mana was the one thing you could not really have enough of. So intellect was very important. No intellect, no casting/dpsing. Hunters had mana too iirc.

And then you had soakers in AQ for example...

Anyway - no not only tanks required additional gear.

That old Stoneform (where it made you immune to poison/bleed/disease effects for the duration in addition to removing effects already on you) was wicked for PvP. Actually, now that I think about it, I guess it was too wicked. I think they did away with the "immunity" part of it when people (particularly DKs) complained that they couldn't kill dwarf priests in arenas.

Also, I busted out the little book that came with my copy of Classic WoW. As it has detailed descriptions of several class abilities/talents and what they did at the time, it is pretty interesting to read now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back when the world of warcraft, WAS the WORLD of warcraft and not world of queueforeverything craft. IIRC there were places that needed 5+ players to enter and do quests in them. Some of these were androhal or some areas in Eastern Plaguelands... I miss the good old days where you needed to have other players with you to overcome mobs and do "elite/hard" quests. Too bad they're long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah.. it was horrifying lol, being a rogue and forgetting to stock up on vanish powder so you can't vanish..

I forgot a lot of stuff I had to do, like crafting poisons was basically a profession. Leveling lockpick was hell, and I think all casters had their buffs require reagents.

Good times!

Rose tinted glasses guys, I don't think anyone enjoyed these things.. especially the fire resist in MC for example
    Although they were a pain in the ass, but it kinda made sense that these special things would require reagents. Even for simple things like arrows for hunters. It doesn't make sense now that you can just get an arrow out of nowhere to shoot enemies. Or another example is actually going to your trainer to train spells. These little things that often were considered to be as something annoying, actually made sense.
    Last edited by enchanted; 2014-05-02 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    leveling lockpicking was fun(well maybe not those part when you had to spend hour in pirate boat and kill those freaking parrot for 9999 times) but rogues with lockpicking was pretty rare and useful back then

now rogue got lockpicking and other classes and professions got also pretty cheap devices that allow you to open closed containters.
    and theres nothing to open this days(does closed doors or lockboxes or sth like that still exist?) and if you find something there theres nothing interesting inside :P
    I do miss leveling lock picking and poison crafting on my Rogue. Don't get me wrong the game is overall better mow but I miss some things from vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    "More quests added to Blackfathom Deeps. Blackfathom has been moved to Ashenvale and now has Horde quests."

Where has it been before?

This is what it looked like. It took a few seconds of running to reach full speed. It was broken so they removed it. I kinda wish they would have kept it, and made it take like 2 seconds to fully activate so its balanced with the 1.5sec cast time of mounts.

you mean 3 second cast time lol
    welcome to vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    "More quests added to Blackfathom Deeps. Blackfathom has been moved to Ashenvale and now has Horde quests."

Where has it been before?
    Northern end of Darkshore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    No that is more like around Dire Maul... you know the place no one goes to anymore. (certainly not by riding there)
    The dire maul I remember had a bad case of green lighting. The area in the vid seems to 'bright' for dire maul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElusive View Post
    Northern end of Darkshore.
    Ah..I see. The former entrance is still there, isn't it? At least there is a similar pit in the ruins up there.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    You're right - Developers who've now got ~10 years experience, and a lot more to lose are actually going backwards with Warlords. Patch 1.1 was totally a lot better ...

Some of you are utterly pathetic.
    And you're the runner-up, booboo.

It's not all about shiny features and polish. I wouldn't say the game was outright better, but it had soul back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Everything Nice is right, that video was shot on the road that goes between Terokkar Forest and Nagrand, in Outland.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-05-02 at 02:46 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.