Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some people STILL do not understand the point of LFR.

LFR is for the NON-RAIDERS. It is for people that want to SINGLE QUEUE into a more "epic" experience than scenarios or 5-mans. Its for people that want to see the lore and story of the raids, without dedicating the time needed to form a group. Guess what? Flex STILL requires set up time, voice chat in early cases, and basic understanding of groups. LFR requires none of that.

LFR exists for a reason, and there is no reason to shut out half of your population just because they only want to solo-queue. As far as the gear changes, it affects me 0% so I do not care either way. I won't need LFR gear to lead my raids. I won't require my raiders to have LFR gear to start raiding either. We will go straight from dungeons into raids.

I just reactivated WoW with some friends who just started playing the game. They found it to be ridiculously easy and that is now their perception of the game. At the same time, they also concluded--from LFR--that WoW players cry too much and that WoW players are bad. I'm not sure if LFR is good.

Deleted
    When I scroll through the comments I see one very significant argument missing, that or I haven't seen it.

But people with their own gamestyle in mind tend to forget to look at what other people need and forget something: not everyone has got the time to spend gearing up for "real" raids and progress as is usual, they get a few hours a week if they're lucky and so without LFR probably don't get to see the raids. I certainly don't speak for myself here.
    I absolutely think LFR should stay it's not going to harm any of the other raiders and now the extreme casual players who don't care as much about getting the higest ilvl but more about experiencing the content have a chance to do it too.

If you remove LFR all these people will just go into flex including the ones that don't care about enchants, jems, reforges, rotations, boss mechanics or your time. Flex will become wipe fests. To a degree flex's are harder now than normal mode because all the LFR people are using Oqueue to turn Flex into LFR with a far faster queueing system and some of those people are trickling into normal mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terrinia View Post
    When I scroll through the comments I see one very significant argument missing, that or I haven't seen it.

But people with their own gamestyle in mind tend to forget to look at what other people need and forget something: not everyone has got the time to spend gearing up for "real" raids and progress as is usual, they get a few hours a week if they're lucky and so without LFR probably don't get to see the raids. I certainly don't speak for myself here.
    I absolutely think LFR should stay it's not going to harm any of the other raiders and now the extreme casual players who don't care as much about getting the higest ilvl but more about experiencing the content have a chance to do it too.
    When it comes right down to it some very vocal people hate LFR and want it gone because they think they represent the majority and yet are a special snowflake diamond in the rough at the same time. That or the only thing that makes them feel good is when they have access to something and the majority don't. It's the guy who walks into a night club and then demands that they bar the door to all the riff raff outside because hey, he's in and thats all that matters.

Purples stopped being a symbol of eliteness in 2007, now its the words under the purple word that denotes eliteness and purple just denotes what you get when you disenchant. But people hate reading in order to judge other people. That and the content is no virgin in a tower that needs to be protected from the masses.

No reason to remove it. It has its place in WoW. Giving casual people the chance to see the end-game content and the encounters themselves, should they choose to, and to avoid the feeling of "missing out" on something. Not to mention wrap up lore storylines within the raids.

People keep forgetting that a LARGE % of the player base is not a hardcore raider, or even a normal mode raider at all, and LFR gives them the illusion of raiding, on their own time and structured in a way it doesn't take a LONG time to complete a wing, if you only have 30-45 mins of playtime.

Imho, it should've never given tier loot or even the same loot as flex/normal to begin with, and that was Blizzard's mistake, which they are now correcting in WoD.

It's a tourist mode for raiding and it should reward loot according to that. And why are people calling for the removal of LFR? I don't see any logical argument to support that. More options = more target audiences pleased overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumashy View Post
    It's a tourist mode for raiding and it should reward loot according to that. And why are people calling for the removal of LFR? I don't see any logical argument to support that. More options = more target audiences pleased overall.
    The reason is because they don't like sharing the things (crappier purples and interesting content) they think makes them stand out in the crowd. How will people lick your boots if they have a crappier version of your purple boots?

I see this argument as non-PVPers having bad experiences in battlegrounds/arenas and wanting PVP to be removed altogether. I get that they may not like PVP or the experiences they have (people not doing objectives, spawn campers, map/faction imba) but I don't see why they are so spurned that they feel the need to remove a function that many others use and enjoy.

I find it hilarious that a bunch of these so called "raiders" continue to look down on people who do LFR/Normal while they themselves don't do shit for "knowledge" other than watching top tier guilds youtube videos for their strategy.

The lack of organisational requirements is fantastic for players who can't commit to organised content.
    Flex requires organisation, so is no "replacement" or superior form of LFR.
    Most of the bashing of LFR comes from the arrogant jerks who can't accept that they aren't the sole audience of blzzard's attentions, so bash content which offered inferior gear at an inferior difficulty level compared to their beloved heroic, which OH WAIT, was exactly what flex and normal do.
    LFR is doing that exactly the same an normal and flex, offering a portion of the raid experience, and offering inferior gear as a result.

The problem with LFR is the ability for people who shouldn't be there to run it for extra gear.
    They should have been doing one or the other, not both.

Blizzard have listened too much to the elitist jerks constantly yelling and are now catering to their demands.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I find it hilarious that a bunch of these so called "raiders" continue to look down on people who do LFR/Normal while they themselves don't do shit for "knowledge" other than watching top tier guilds youtube videos for their strategy.
    I just had to quote that. Truer words have never been spoken. I've actually seen people in full LFR gear play FAR MORE competently, than people in full heroic warforged gear. If you're bad, you're bad, regardless of your ilvl or raiding group progression.

like someone else said i dont like arena i dont like bg i dont like daily quests i dont like pet battles i dont like farming bosses for mounts .... might as well remove all them as well chance of that happening is about same chance as lfr being removed

Keep LFR. Wow no longer needs a social community and it hasn't for awhile, and that's not because of LFR. It started in Wrath when they introduced dungeon finder. It was continued in cata when they removed the group quests and made quest mobs impossible to die from. LFR was the next logical step, and I'm glad they made it. Nothing wrong with giving people choices. I loved traditional raiding, but it has become too much of a time sink, and a year later everyone ends up with the damn mounts anyway from zerging. What I don't get is people being upset over LFR. You don't like it, continue with traditional raiding. If that's hard for you, become a more likeable player. If you still want to be a dbag, become a guild master and a raid leader and surround yourself with sycophants. Argent Dawn Alliance side would love you.
    Last edited by genxwower; 2014-05-02 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think after a few tiers of LFR not giving good loot in WoD they will slowly phase it out.
    Nope. I, for one, will continue to use LFR as a stepping stone to Normal.

LFR in MoP was trying to serve two functions, and not serving either all that well. In WoD, it will more purely serve one function (being truly easy content without progression), and will likely be a better experience for it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I would rather have them make HC Dungeons drop better gear than LFR and also implent new 5mans with each raid patch that has up to date gear

If they did this i wouldnt complain anymore at least.
    Oh yeah. Dungeons are so much more interesting than raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Oh yeah. Dungeons are so much more interesting than raids.
    In and of themselves, they are about the same.

Dungeons don't have all the overhead of raiding, which makes dungeons both more accessible and fun. it's highly unlikely you'll ever have to put up with "that guy" to do a 5 man. 10 man, maybe you get lucky, 25 man forget it - there will be one person who drives you batshit and who you put up with on sufferance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't even tell if this post is serious, but I'll treat it as if it is. You aren't forced to do it, by anyone but yourselves. It's not a legitimate reason to remove something just because some players are obsessive compulsive, and don't think they can function without min/maxing.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I am not against lfr.. I am against tier sets and op trinkets, which are better than any other HC trinket.
    Some people are still hunting those things down!

Separate tiers.. lfr and normal+, don't let those pieces work together..
    Same with trinkets - make them less attractive for normal+ raiding.
    That way i couldn't care less.
    ---

And.. of course i am the one forcing myself..
    But some people just work that way - we min/max.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    It is funny when someone claims to be a hardcore raider and complaining about having to do LFR in the same paragraph.
    If you are hardcore you don't have anything to do in LFR, at all, just nothing.
    If you actually need stuff in LFR you are not hardcore, stop trying to act like it and get over yourself.
    Not anymore.. but i used to run lfr for months! not just once or twice.. RNG mate..
    4set and trinket too strong.. (Assurance of Consequence)..
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    He meant it was the end game in that that is all the players do at the "end" of their game. Stop trying to attach emotion to things. It's the absolute truth that for most people who reach level cap, LFR is their endgame, and likely will still be in WoD until the community magically becomes nicer and is willing to accept people who aren't already doing, or have already done the content the people want to do, or it becomes feasible to do content unguilded, with strangers, without a queue, for the first time. All of that is probably never going to happen.

You may hate the whole idea of that, but that's the reality of things.
    Don't forget about raid finder tool which will be introduced in WoD.
    There will be thousands of people who will use it - instant normal(flex)/heroic(normal).
    Hundreds of "unaccepted" people, who could raid together - accept each other.

Right now there is no such tool ingame - you have to use openraid or something.. but it will be there.. in WoD.

More endgame possibilities.
    Right now it maybe sound complicated, using openraid.. but with blizzards raid finder - all problems solved!
    Blizzard will give you tools to avoid "lfr endgame": if you won't use them - your loss.
    ---

I am not against LFR: like i said before - i use it and will continue to use it.. for my alts..

Agree, i can turn sound on maximum and leave PC.. or check other things on internet while waiting.
    But ONLY if i choose to do so.. if min/maxing forces, i am against it.

I don't care if its once or twice.. but not for months with terrible luck.. some people are still farming them!

Op trinkets and tier sets had to go! or bonuses get separated from normal+! No other way around..
    Otherwise hc raiders will always be forced to grind lfr: we do EVERYTHING to get best possible results!
    Even race change..
    Sometimes even whole guilds change factions.. BECAUSE of min/maxing..
    Last edited by mmoce6005d79bf; 2014-05-02 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Right now there is no such tool ingame - you have to use openraid or something.. but it will be there.. in WoD.
    Yes there is, if you take the 5 seconds required to read patch notes, you hit the O button and then go to other raids.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The lack of organisational requirements is fantastic for players who can't commit to organised content.
    Flex requires organisation, so is no "replacement" or superior form of LFR.
    Most of the bashing of LFR comes from the arrogant jerks who can't accept that they aren't the sole audience of blzzard's attentions, so bash content which offered inferior gear at an inferior difficulty level compared to their beloved heroic, which OH WAIT, was exactly what flex and normal do.
    LFR is doing that exactly the same an normal and flex, offering a portion of the raid experience, and offering inferior gear as a result.

The problem with LFR is the ability for people who shouldn't be there to run it for extra gear.
    They should have been doing one or the other, not both.

Blizzard have listened too much to the elitist jerks constantly yelling and are now catering to their demands.
    No... LFR is fine but it rewards too much powerful gear for such little organization, little effort, low dps and so on and on. Almost all of my experiences in that place have been awful.

The people who want it removed want the game returned to an elitist paradise. These are the people who have not figured out that being elite (the best at something) is not the same as being an elitist (who believe they deserve special recognition and rewards based on a percieved superiority) and that being an elitist has never been used as a compliment. "Oh him? He's great, he's a real elitist.", said no one ever.