Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Heroic Siegecrafter Belts

From what I understand there are 4 methods to do this (there may be more...):

1) Jump in to the pipes every other belt activation
    2) Alternate between jumping into the pipes and disengaging on to the belt or just disenage on to the belt every time
    3) Stay on the belt the entire time and disengage just prior to belt activation to remain there.
    4) Jump in to the pipe every time and when the pipe spits you out at the top of the arc - disengage.

I am looking for a write-up or video that describes approaches 3 and 4 and how you EXACTLY do them - can anyone help? THX.

Don't think there are videos for #3, #4 is just about disengage when at the top of your flight.

I prefer #2 though.

I prefer 4, but we have a WW monk on every belt who can heal the (minor) fall damage from using that method.

I personally use method #4. I don't think you can write more about it than you and Azortharion already did. I will add that sometimes, maybe due to timing, it can fail.

I do think option #2 is the more reliable method.

3 sounds incredibly dangerous.

#3 is so damn hard to pull off, I have done it a few times but then you are stuck at the other end of the belt and it's pretty difficult to get to the start of the belt.

3 is very easy to pull off, your hunters should never have to pass the first line of fire to work back to the start. Their pets can obviously follow the weapon regardless of where they are. My guild uses 2-3 hunters on the belt full time and rotates 1-2 melee dps mainly because they don't have 4 hunters.

To do the disengage on the belt all you have to do is jump right before you get zapped off the belt and once you see the lightning animation hit disengage.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2014-05-03 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo

Prefer #4, nothing more to add on how you do it though, just disengage when you're nearing the top. Can add that it's okay to fail one or two times, with AoC and CTHC talent you'll still make it in time because Disengage will be off CD when you're in the air again. Can fail once if the weapon you're killing is the first, two times if it's second or third. You'll land on top of the weapon though, so a bit less time to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    #5 don't have go up because my guild uses hunters to slow the mines. Everyone is mad

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    #5 don't have go up because my guild uses hunters to slow the mines. Everyone is mad
    So you can actually rank on that boss...? =o

#4 is unsafe when there's missiles, cause you have a longer "flight" compared to #2. #2 is the safest one imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post

#4 is unsafe when there's missiles, cause you have a longer "flight" compared to #2. #2 is the safest one imho.
    I could rank if my guild wasn't full of retards, but alas one can dream, I'm always the one doing work same with spoils I'm always top by a lot on sparks because people r lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post

I'm not sure how the flight is longer using the same pipe regardless of missiles or not.

I'll consider making something about this. I remember making a super basic guide way back when I was doing this on progression because there wasn't really much (any visual material with an explanation) 5 months ago, and it was a hit.

I prefer #2 as well. Try to hug the inner lining of the pipe, though--that way, if you fall, you at least get spit back out instead of falling to your death. Some of your later disengages (for me, I disengage the odd belts, and pipe evens) may line up with magnets so you need to be quick about it.
    <Washed Up Scrubs> - Mal'Ganis (US)
    Visit my stream! I stream every night starting at 9 PM EST.
    Also, be sure to visit my YouTube channel!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swap between method 2 and 3. If I'm running a little late, because I have to run through fire and wait for missiles, I'll use method 3.

When using one of the methods to get on the belt, is there any way (other than dismissing your pet), to get your pet to be on the belt with you? If I don't dismiss my pet, he just stands there on the edge of the platform staring at me. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
    I swap between method 2 and 3. If I'm running a little late, because I have to run through fire and wait for missiles, I'll use method 3.

When using one of the methods to get on the belt, is there any way (other than dismissing your pet), to get your pet to be on the belt with you? If I don't dismiss my pet, he just stands there on the edge of the platform staring at me. ._.
    There isn't, no. Sometimes it figures it out on its own, sometimes you spam /petpassive and it'll teleport up there, but for progression where your guild will yell at you for risking it, it's much easier just dismissing your pet

Quote Originally Posted by Xionyus View Post
    I send my pet to attack the boss when I land off of a belt. That way when you go to the next belt, it'll just despawn due to range and can be instantly re-summoned on the belt with zero down time.

Granted this will only work if you tank the boss on the opposite side of the room from the belts.
    Last edited by Dhryke; 2014-05-03 at 08:12 PM. Reason: L2Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    3 is very easy to pull off, your hunters should never have to pass the first line of fire to work back to the start. Their pets can obviously follow the weapon regardless of where they are. My guild uses 2-3 hunters on the belt full time and rotates 1-2 melee dps mainly because they don't have 4 hunters.

To do the disengage on the belt all you have to do is jump right before you get zapped off the belt and once you see the lightning animation hit disengage.
    that entirely depends on how many people are on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post

It actually isn't easy, and hi Elbob, you know only one guy does it due to irl injury preventing him from disengaging up there normally, and he still has a hard time perfecting that timing since it's a tiny window. It's just easier running up and disengaging up there for me at least tbh.

I hate #2, I fall off just enough for people to get pissed that I die to falling off the edge of the world. Which is to say, maybe once a week. Apparently I'm not good at walking.

The only trick to #4 is to not be turning your character at all. I once had my hand on my mouse when jumping in the pipe, got turned around, and disengaged from the top all the way across the main platform to the boss, and had to run all the way back to the pipe and hope nobody noticed. Now, I literally jump in the pipe, take my finger off the mouse buttons, and just press my disengage at the top of the spitting-out animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There isn't, no. Sometimes it figures it out on its own, sometimes you spam /petpassive and it'll teleport up there, but for progression where your guild will yell at you for risking it, it's much easier just dismissing your pet

A simple fix for this would be to Take Dash off of autocast(which should already be done) and when you get off of the belt send your pet to Blackfuse and when you get onto the belt it will despawn, then simply summon your pet again.

And as far as 1-4 strats listed above. I use everyone of them with the exception of #4 although Ive done it by mistake a few times. The "ignore tube debuff way" you just have to spam Disengage and it will work every time. Don't try and time it just spam the button and it will use it as soon as you're able to. Which is at the Peak of height so it will work every time but, will take a little fall damage. When it comes to tunnel dancing (If your tank tanks him at the other end of the platform) just send your pet to the boss(with dash activated) and it will despawn and make your life easier especially if you're behind on time. damn that 3 sec cast on dismiss pet.

Hope my input helped.

-BowsBeforeHoes