Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Biggest Chaos Bolt Ever?

Deleted
    I once cheered a little inside when my Eviscerate hit for 1.3m damage.

This video makes me sad.

see? that's why we need a buff!

From the latest twitts on the MMO front page:

"Rest easy, we haven't done a damage tuning pass yet. Chaos Bolt is gonna hit ~30% less coming WoD."

/couldn'tresist

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    From the latest twitts on the MMO front page:

"Rest easy, we haven't done a damage tuning pass yet. Chaos Bolt is gonna hit ~30% less coming WoD."

/couldn'tresist
    30% less then in alpha?

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought my crappy warlocks 450k hit was cool (to me), this has put me to shame
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Neat thing about this 5.2m CB... Is that it actually is a 6M CB once you add the GoSac 15% ticks!

Even with all the buffs and cooldowns being used, that's still pretty insane.

ilevel 580 Mastery/crit items and gems,
    crit damage meta
    proc of 10stacks of Blood trinket and amp trinket
    Skullbanner
    Buffs, food and flask

Its pretty cool but isnt somthing one uses in a raid setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    ilevel 580 Mastery/crit items and gems,
    crit damage meta
    proc of 10stacks of Blood trinket and amp trinket
    Skullbanner
    Buffs, food and flask

Its pretty cool but isnt somthing one uses in a raid setting.
    Actually it can be. All of this aligns on the pull pretty nicely, and the crit damage meta is still extremely potent for destruction

I tried it a couple weeks back in our heroic clear and still did comparable or better dps than regular reforge and legendary meta from the week before, and all I was focussing on was that opening chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Actually it can be. All of this aligns on the pull pretty nicely, and the crit damage meta is still extremely potent for destruction

I tried it a couple weeks back in our heroic clear and still did comparable or better dps than regular reforge and legendary meta from the week before, and all I was focussing on was that opening chaos bolt.
    I agree with the meta used it myself some weeks for testing but I found the gain to be neutral

nobody uses the blood as destro, the shamans trinket(forgot the name) is superior for overall DPS.

The blood isnd bad for destro but its like playing russian roullet with the DPS if it procs on right times great, if it doesnt well ur overall dps will be poo

Deleted
    Ive actually stuck with it since I found it more fun to play with than KTT.

Also, being a warlock means we can afford to sit in fire or whatever for an extra second or so. It really isn't as bad as it seems on paper. KTT can also swing in RNG if it decides to proc off your 3M chaos bolt or your 100k immolate tick

what you didnt know also he was using the T14 4 set and Predark souling then swapping his gear

10% more dmg while active

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    what you didnt know also he was using the T14 4 set and Predark souling then swapping his gear

10% more dmg while active
    Fully aware of that seeing as we were discussing it at the time. We got the idea from Zinnins post about using t14 for Demonology opener.

I could barely break 5M whereas he managed 5.28M.

He even mentions it in the video's description.

Deleted
    well of doned sparkugz

Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    Print-Screen button. Live it, love it, use it. Why do people keep taking pictures of their monitors?!

Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    What damage modifiers were at play there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    Print-Screen button. Live it, love it, use it. Why do people keep taking pictures of their monitors?!
    i've never understood why people do that. helps hiding that it's a gimmick buff to damage i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

"I'm going to reply with a picture showing I can hit better than Sparkguzz, but I'm only going to show the number not what modifies it."

Zone specific buffs? What's that?