10+ Year Old Account
    ok so ive gotten my third ascended armor chest and im wondering what stats to go for since its malicious which is either condition damage or celestial

its for my ele and atm im full zerker.. any ideas?

Delete it since anything that isn't zerker sucks
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    ok so ive gotten my third ascended armor chest and im wondering what stats to go for since its malicious which is either condition damage or celestial

its for my ele and atm im full zerker.. any ideas?

Celestial is actually pretty amazing for ele in WvW.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Celestial is actually pretty amazing for ele in WvW.
    i went with celestial although i have no idea how it is in pve.. but im fedup of my glass cannon "always dying" build so maybe the extra vit and healing will help a bit

An alternative is to learn how to dodge.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    An alternative is to learn how to dodge.
    i am, mister know it all

some things cant be dodged and it doesnt help if you dodge into something else
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-05-06 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    So I've just hit 56 on my first character I've actually levelled but I've not done a dungeon yet, never see anyone looking to do them apart from level 80's, is that normal?
    Explorables are intended for 80s. Just do your story modes, you're not the only one wanting to. Put up an ad for one in the LFG tool, all the groups I did them with were pretty chill and understanding if you'd never done it before.

When you get to 80 then you can concern yourself with doing explorables. Personally I'd look for a guild or similar friendly base to do them with instead of subjecting yourself to overwound elitist jerkoffs who rage when you're not playing exactly the way they think you should. You'll be happier and they...will still be unhappy assholes, but at least they won't be in your vicinity.

i am mr. know it all

some things cant be dodged and it doesnt help if you dodge into something else
    Hello mr know it all, I'm Meledelion.

Name the things that can't be dodged.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Explorables are intended for 80s. Just do your story modes, you're not the only one wanting to. Put up an ad for one in the LFG tool, all the groups I did them with were pretty chill and understanding if you'd never done it before.

When you get to 80 then you can concern yourself with doing explorables. Personally I'd look for a guild or similar friendly base to do them with instead of subjecting yourself to overwound elitist jerkoffs who rage when you're not playing exactly the way they think you should. You'll be happier and they...will still be unhappy assholes, but at least they won't be in your vicinity.
    Explorables aren't meant* for lvl 80's at all. At launch I completed most of them even when under leveled (CM, AC, TA, SE).

*I mean "purposefully designed specifically for..."

10+ Year Old Account
    i went with celestial although i have no idea how it is in pve.. but im fedup of my glass cannon "always dying" build so maybe the extra vit and healing will help a bit
    Honestly, as an elementalist I find my traits and utilities affect my survivability much more than my gear does.
    Valar morghulis

That goes for the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Explorables are intended for 80s.)
    I don't think that's accurate. All the explorable are set at 5 levels above the story mode, except Arah and the scarlet path of TA. With the exception of those two the explorable are definitely doable sub level 80. Of course it'll be easier at level 80 and completely geared out.

Explorables are designed to be done by the level you can start entering them. It's obviously harder, but don't forget that some of them originally awarded sub-80 gear from the vendor.

So I wasn't sure if my thief I made just before patch would have the new trait unlocks or not since he was below level 10, but now that he's 30 I can see that i have all the old traits unlocked already. I'm questioning if I want to remake the thief to test out the trait unlocks or whether I should be thankful that I'm avoiding them. I have enough tomes and level boosters to bring him right back to level 30. I just don't know if its wise.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    So I wasn't sure if my thief I made just before patch would have the new trait unlocks or not since he was below level 10, but now that he's 30 I can see that i have all the old traits unlocked already. I'm questioning if I want to remake the thief to test out the trait unlocks or whether I should be thankful that I'm avoiding them. I have enough tomes and level boosters to bring him right back to level 30. I just don't know if its wise.
    As I said, just consider it a cost in gold/ skill points, replacing the old cost of tomes (I don't remember tome prices, but I'm pretty sure that was cheaper by a good bit). There's no real need to unlock them all, so you probably will just unlock a couple that you want via payments.

If you happen to unlock one through gameplay, cool, but aiming for them seems a waste of time until you're 80 and want to unlock some you didn't need while leveling.

I would basically be doing it for science. There's no point in remaking the thief if I plan to buy the traits. I want to see how terrible/doable trait unlocks are for a new player.

Deleted
    Unlocking them is a pain for a new player, so far I've only got a few, I have 2 for fire, 2 for arcane and 1 for each other tree on my ele. I've got them from area completion, story quests and some event bosses have given them, I'm level 60 at the moment and I think I only actually have 1 useful trait (more damage in fire), I got 3 from story quests which are all to do something while down or reviving, which serve no purpose to be honest.

I wouldn't recommend starting your Thief again because you'll hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Unlocking them is a pain for a new player, so far I've only got a few, I have 2 for fire, 2 for arcane and 1 for each other tree on my ele. I've got them from area completion, story quests and some event bosses have given them, I'm level 60 at the moment and I think I only actually have 1 useful trait (more damage in fire), I got 3 from story quests which are all to do something while down or reviving, which serve no purpose to be honest.

I wouldn't recommend starting your Thief again because you'll hate it.
    If you have the appropriate level none of them are a pain to unlock, unless you don't like playing the game. I mean you could easily clear a zone in one or two days if you're on it. Despising the zones.... in this case you should try another game imho since open world content is the heart of the design.

Sure, there is a problem with too high requirements at the moment, but you can do a part of the zones while leveling and come back to finish them once you're 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    If you have the appropriate level none of them are a pain to unlock, unless you don't like playing the game. I mean you could easily clear a zone in one or two days if you're on it. Despising the zones.... in this case you should try another game imho since open world content is the heart of the design.

Sure, there is a problem with too high requirements at the moment, but you can do a part of the zones while leveling and come back to finish them once you're 80.
    Requiring zone completion for a trait just seems stupid to me, they should be tied to events/ bosses I think. There's also some Wv ones, that are just blah.

As I said before though, I just view it as "traits now have a cost" rather than buying the books to unlock the entire set at once. Yeah, it's more money and there's no need to buy all of them, but unlocking them via activity is the option rather than the norm, I think. None of the unlocks are thematically tied to the activity, and there's not really a lot of reasoning as to why/how they were linked at all. I was also thinking that the unlocks could be per tier rather than per trait. So you'd have like 7 activities you could do for the first tier, but if you did three of them you could unlock any three traits.

On a side note, why do people get/use the "when you fall you blow stuff up" traits? I see them occasionally and it just seems a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    On a side note, why do people get/use the "when you fall you blow stuff up" traits? I see them occasionally and it just seems a waste.
    Because this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU3qw3rQRL4

I started leveling a necromancer and still not high enough to use the traits even though I've unwittingly unlocked a few. I'll see how it goes.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    because it's fun for WvW roaming and saves your ass quite often if you know how to utilise the environment. I love those traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    because it's fun for WvW roaming and saves your ass quite often if you know how to utilise the environment. I love those traits.
    Sure, but I don't Wv very often, so the ones I've seen are all out in the open world PvE. Just people that don't change traits?