Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy at 8:30 makes a great point

I vehemently disagree with anyone who is opposed to allowing this go to the market. If the government decides to try to force us to have them for all guns I'll vehemently disagree with that as well. I probably wouldn't buy one because the tech isn't fleshed out, I don't like the watch aspect (something else would be better), and I want more variety. It's also too expensive for poorer people to own. However, the choice should be there for anyone who does want to buy it.

Last edited by GreatOak; 2014-05-07 at 02:51 AM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

Oh that's a good policy, just hopey changey that they will get firearms training on a whim.
    And that's all you can do. You can force people to get the training if they purchase a weapon from a licensed dealer, but if someone sells their son or their friend a gun then how do you enforce that that person go through training?

It's not possible. That's how. And you know it.

I know you'd love to do away with all private firearms sales but it won't happen and you know it. Just like all the other things the government tries to prevent from being sold, it still happens.

I personally am not for the smart guns because there is no point to it. You need to teach people responsibility for their actions as well as teaching them the value of life. Not coddle them so they can't hurt themselves with the scary things.

I'm especially against it if it requires finger print shenanigans or the microchip implanted in the gun owner. That's just stupid. Plus if I want to teach my two boys to shoot I no longer can because they don't have that chip in them.

Then again I'd never let them or myself or my friends and family get a chip implanted in them.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I'm especially against it if it requires finger print shenanigans or the microchip implanted in the gun owner. That's just stupid. Plus if I want to teach my two boys to shoot I no longer can because they don't have that chip in them.

Then again I'd never let them or myself or my friends and family get a chip implanted in them.
    Implanted chips: It's going to be pretty much mandatory within our lifetimes (I'm assuming, I don't know how old you are). Not mandatory as in "evil government made me" but mandatory in the sense of interacting with the society around you.

I'm trying to remember the last time I wrote a paper check... (that may seem unrelated, but it's not).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Implanted chips: It's going to be pretty much mandatory within our lifetimes (I'm assuming, I don't know how old you are). Not mandatory as in "evil government made me" but mandatory in the sense of interacting with the society around you.

I'm trying to remember the last time I wrote a paper check... (that may seem unrelated, but it's not).
    I'm only 27 but I doubt that general societal stuff will require it. I imagine if you want to work for the government and need special clearance to access certain computers or something then sure.

Definitely not a fan of having an RDIF chip in me lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I'm not sure how you avoid feeling threatened when two armed men wearing masks walk into the diner you're eating to rob the place. The best part of that story was the fact it was a younger guy who had his CCP who used deadly force to defend himself and others, pretty much destroying the 'pro gun' stereotype of old white guys belonging to the NRA.

It's regrettable that someone lost their life, but hey. That's what happens when you choose the life of a criminal.
    you think thats crazy, just wait till the anti gun community gets wind of Colion Noir. A young, pro gun, black man? WHAAA!?

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    you think thats crazy, just wait till the anti gun community gets wind of Colion Noir. A young, pro gun, black man? WHAAA!?

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/
    what are you trying here?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Guy at 8:30 makes a great point

I vehemently disagree with anyone who is opposed to allowing this go to the market. If the government decides to try to force us to have them for all guns I'll vehemently disagree with that as well. I probably wouldn't buy one because the tech isn't fleshed out, I don't like the watch aspect (something else would be better), and I want more variety. It's also too expensive for poorer people to own. However, the choice should be there for anyone who does want to buy it.

Sure would be nice if they didnt make it look so hideous. And i thought they tried this in the past with rings and stuff and it failed miserably. Either way, what happens if they steal the watch too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    And that's all you can do. You can force people to get the training if they purchase a weapon from a licensed dealer, but if someone sells their son or their friend a gun then how do you enforce that that person go through training?

It's not possible. That's how. And you know it.

I know you'd love to do away with all private firearms sales but it won't happen and you know it. Just like all the other things the government tries to prevent from being sold, it still happens.

I personally am not for the smart guns because there is no point to it. You need to teach people responsibility for their actions as well as teaching them the value of life. Not coddle them so they can't hurt themselves with the scary things.

But we can and should mandate yearly testing on firearm proficiency. Make gun owners sign up for their local militia that would be administered by the ATF, and let them be trained.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

But we can and should mandate yearly testing on firearm proficiency. Make gun owners sign up for their local militia that would be administered by the ATF, and let them be trained.
    The whole point of "militias" was to not involve the federal government...not to have them administer it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of "militias" was to not involve the federal government...not to have them administer it.
    well regulated milita

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. I spent 3 yrs in the Army, being trained on several different type of weapons. Why would I even have to be in a local militia? The whole idea is stupid of requiring all gun owners to be in a state militia. Those who wish to get a CCP are already required to take a safety course. Do these gun control fans even realize how many millions of guns are out there? And tons of them are not even registered anywhere. The same type of thing happened in prohibition back in the 20's for alcohol. People black marketed booze and bypassed the feds by the millions. They only legalized it again after they saw how much revenue they where losing and people were simply ignoring the law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. I spent 3 yrs in the Army, being trained on several different type of weapons. Why would I even have to be in a local militia? The whole idea is stupid of requiring all gun owners to be in a state militia. Those who wish to get a CCP are already required to take a safety course. Do these gun control fans even realize how many millions of guns are out there? And tons of them are not even registered anywhere. The same type of thing happened in prohibition back in the 20's for alcohol. People black marketed booze and bypassed the feds by the millions. They only legalized it again after they saw how much revenue they where losing and people were simply ignoring the law.
    Make the people with registered guns (law-abiding citizens) join the state militia that would be regulated by the federal government (2nd amendment, ATF), so they can be trained by federal military officials.

10+ Year Old Account
    well regulated milita
    The states have a right to organize a state militia. Trying to tie the right of the people to bear and keep arms only within a state militia has already been shot down by the US Supreme Court.

- - - Updated - - -

Make the people with registered guns (law-abiding citizens) join the state militia that would be regulated by the federal government (2nd amendment, ATF), so they can be trained by federal military officials.
    No. You can be a law abiding citizen now and not have your guns registered. :P Requiring all guns in existence now be registered would only lead to millions still not being registered.:P How would you enforce it? House to house searches?

15+ Year Old Account
    The states have a right to organize a state militia. Trying to tie the right of the people to bear and keep arms only within a state militia has already been shot down by the US Supreme Court.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You can be a law abiding citizen now and not have your guns registered. :P Requiring all guns in existence now be registered would only lead to millions still not being registered.:P How would you enforce it? House to house searches?
    The states have a right to form a militia. The federal government has a right to regulate it with ATF, military officials. That is in the 2nd amendment.

Don't worry about the guns already in circulation or in private hands that are not registered, just make all new purchases subject to joining the state militia and yearly training.

10+ Year Old Account
    The states have a right to form a militia. The federal government has a right to regulate it with ATF, military officials. That is in the 2nd amendment.

Don't worry about the guns already in circulation or in private hands that are not registered, just make all new purchases subject to joining the state militia and yearly training.
    Na. I oppose that. However I do not oppose a license being required for new guns purchases or trades beginning at a certain date with no retroactive clause. which in getting that license would require a safety training course. Handle it much like we do now for cars to be registered and driving license.

The government ( state and federal ) can regulate the usage of guns, but not outright ban the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. The US Supreme Court so far has let the states mainly decide how they want to do that. As long as they do not try to take measures like the city of Chicago and Washington DC and outright ban owners from having hand guns.

But this all could change. One reason the State of SC is considering making all state residents to auto become a part of a state militia. In taking a step ahead of any possible future change by the Supreme Court's opinion on the interpretation of the Constitution. But even then, those residents would not be required to do drills and safety or trainings...:P I can just picture poor old granmoms out there doing drills...lol
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-07 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Na. I oppose that. However I do not oppose a license being required for new guns purchases or trades beginning at a certain date with no retroactive clause. which in getting that license would require a safety training. Handle it much like we do now for cars to be registered and driving license.

The government ( state and federal ) can regulate the usage of guns, but not outright ban the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. The US Supreme court so far as let the states mainly decide how they want to do that. As long as they do not try to take measures like the city of Chicago and Washington DC and out right ban owners from having hand guns.

But this all could change. One reason the State of SC is considering making all state residents auto join a state militia. In a taking a step ahead of any possible future change by the Supreme Court's opinion on the interpretation of the Constitution. But even then, those residents would not be required to do drills and safety or trainings...:P
    No one is talking about outright bans, I am talking about all new gun purchases through dealers will be mandated to join the state militia and be trained by experienced federal officials.

If SC is doing that, then there is no point as to forming a militia.

well regulated milita
    Thats not what you think it means today. To the drafters of the Constitution, well regulated simply meant well trained.

I know i know, youll probably find a ton of articles with people bitching about how thats bullshit, but lets look at the key fact here. The US just got out of a war with a tyrannical government. This was the sole amendment that would stand as a last resort. Do you really think that would have went over well in the meeting?

"Yea so...on this second amendment thing...i know we just finished dealing with that whole crazy government thing, and this could prevent it from happening again...but how about we give that same government a way of controlling it"

doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure the ATF was not around then

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats not what you think it means today. To the drafters of the Constitution, well regulated simply meant well trained.

I know i know, youll probably find a ton of articles with people bitching about how thats bullshit, but lets look at the key fact here. The US just got out of a war with a tyrannical government. This was the sole amendment that would stand as a last resort. Do you really think that would have went over well in the meeting?

"Yea so...on this second amendment thing...i know we just finished dealing with that whole crazy government thing, and this could prevent it from happening again...but how about we give that same government a way of controlling it"

doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure the ATF was not around then
    Why wouldn't you want to join a state militia and be trained by federal military officials? Do you want law abiding American citizens not to trained well with their firearms? It is almost like you are covering for the law breakers by opposing any training or registration.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is talking about outright bans, I am talking about all new gun purchases through dealers will be mandated to join the state militia and be trained by experienced federal officials.

If SC is doing that, then there is no point as to forming a militia.
    I understood your point. :P And I will say again....I oppose what you are suggesting..:P

10+ Year Old Account
    well regulated milita
    /facepalm
    I see we have another person who has NO IDEA what the word "regulate" meant in 1787 when the constitution was ratified.