Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Tanking Spec

Banisher Warlock Tanking Guide

Please like and comment, "Support this."
    That's all you have to do.

Hello Warcraft. I'm pleased to bring you the new Warlock tank. Warlocks cannot currently tank heroic content in any spec. Warlocks currently have 3 spec. Affliction, Destruction, and Demonology. Shadow, Fire, and Physical Damage attacks. Affliction and Destruction be ranged casters, Demonology prefers to be closer to their target in melee range. This guide is about a 4th spec. Banisher Warlock, Warlocks 4th spec. A Banisher Warlock has a choice in his role.He is said to be banished by another Warlock. Forcing him to protect himself and others. With the powers of darkness the warlock shields himself with shadow shields, heals himself with various abilities, smooths damage with active mitigation, and can provide a good amount of DPS when needed. Banisher Warlocks are not the type of tank you want to fight alone. One on one, they will be the most powerful tanks of all.

I really enjoy tanking. I really enjoy tanking on my warlock. If I wanted to play a RDPS class and be able to OS tank, for any reason. I have to be a Druid. That really limits my choices. Below here is a link to my logs tanking Heroic Kardris. First time doing it on Heroic. And its new, and I could have done things way better. Avoiding Iron Prison.

Warlocks have been around for years dealing purely damage. With Fire and Shadow combined making them more powerful with Shadowflame damage. After jumping time warlocks of this world can take a new path. Over the years, we have heard rumors and some experiments with Warlock tanks. Though they haven't quite mastered it yet. They will come upon someone who can teach them everything they don't already know. A warlock who had been banished by other warlocks who seeks revenge upon the Iron Horde. This warlock will darken the path for even the most powerful warlocks. Warlocks who chose to be banished and do the bidding no one else could bare, will be greatly rewarded, and hold the power that this warlock once held.

PERSONAL

I am a huge fan of Demonology DPS. It is by far my favorite DPS spec of all time. Its had its ups and its downs. And thats fine. This post is in no shape or form saying to drop the Demonology DPS spec and make it a tank spec. That would be bad for the Warlock Community. Currently we lack tanks. Even OS tanks. Adding more options to be an OS tanks will lower que times. We arent talking about increasing raid teams or such and such. Each team needs 2 tanks. Thats it.

There are 5 tank capable classes. DK, Paladin, Druid, Monk, and Warrior
    There are 5 healer capable classes. Paladin, Druid, Monk, Priest, and Shaman.
    There are 11 dps capable classes. DK, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior.
    There are 5 mdps/tank capaable classes. DK, Paladin, Druid, Monk, and Warrior
    There are 3 healer/tank capable classes. Druid, Paladin, and Monk.
    There are 1 rdps/tank capable classes. Druid.
    There are 1 class that can do all roles. MDPS, RDPS, Tank, and Heal. Druid.

Adding warlock tanks would change some of these numbers. To lower que times.

4th Spec: Banisher (Tank)

Banisher is the warlocks 4th specialization that allows them to switch to a tanking form. Although similar to Demonology it is different. Demonology and Banisher will have 3 stances.
    1: No Stance - Human form.
    2: Metamorphosis - DPS form.
    3: DA - Tank form.

Spell/Buff are not over powered in PvP.

Intellect rings and necklaces have a chance at having bonus armor.
    Everyone benefits from this change. Warlocks benefit most.

Banisher benefits from Intellect, Stamina, Mastery, Critical Strike, Haste, Dodge, Readiness, and Multistrike, and Armor.

Stamina - Increases HP.
    Mastery - Increases pet damage and cast form. Reduces the amount of damage taken and increase effectiveness of Soul Siphon.
    Critical Strike - Doom critical strikes generate fury and reduces CD of Fury Generation. Critical strikes from Soul Siphon heal more.
    Haste - Lowers the CD of Spawn of Demensius.
    Dodge - Increases Dodge chance.
    Readiness - Reduces the duration of your Defensive CDs.
    Mulitstrike - When mulitstrike hits a target, it will generate twice the amount of fury it would have normally.
    Armor - Reduces physical damage taken.

Legend

N = New
    E = Edit
    DM = Demonic Fury

**SPELLS**

E-Dark Apotheosis (You imbue yourself with demonic energies, increasing Threat by 600% and reducing damage taken by 17%. Reduces the chance you will be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and increases dodge by 2%. All DM generation is increased by 100%)*

E-Metamorphosis (Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 24.00%. 10 second CD.)

E-Corruption (Instant. 10 DM. Corrupts the target, causing 1584 (+ 148.5% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 18 sec. Generates 4 DM each time it deals damage. 40 yard range.)

E-Doom (Req. DA. Instant. 10 DM. Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing 4004 (+ 375% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 1 min. When Doom critically strikes, a Spawn of Dimensius will be summoned to attack the target,
    and generates 50 DM and lowers the CD of Fury Generation by 25%. 40 yard range.)

E-Demonic Slash (Replaces Shadow Bolt/Touch of Chaos. Req. DA. Instant. 20 yard range. Tears at the enemy, causing 676 to 746 (+ 66.6% of Spell power) Shadow damage. Generates 60 DM.
    3 charges on a 3 second recharge)

E-Demonic Leap (Req. DA. 50 DM. Leap into the air upon demonic wings, moving a short distance. Using this ability activates Metamorphosis. You gain 10% speed increase 3 seconds after you land. 30 second CD.)*

E-Sleep (Replaces Fear. Req. DA. Instant. 100 DM. Makes the target drowsy, causing it to sleep for up to 20 sec, damage caused may break the effect. 20 yard range. 30 second CD.)

E-Nether Plating (Increases armor contributing from items by 350%, and the duration of stun and snare effects is reduced by 35%)

E-Life Tap (Instant. Convert 15% Hp into 15% DM, 15 second CD)
    Still works with Glyph of Life Tap.

E-Hellfire (Channeled. Ignites the area surrounding the caster, causing 224 (+ 21% of Spell power) Fire damage to himself and 224 (+ 21% of Spell power) Fire damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec. Lasts 14 sec. Generates 40 DM
    per second plus 3 DM per second on secondary targets.)

E-Void Ray (Req. DA. Instant. 25 Fury. Deals 533 to 588 (+ 24% of Spell power) Shadowflame damage to all enemies in a 20 yard line.)

E-Fury Ward (Replaces Twilight Ward. Instant. 200 DM. Absorbs [3205 + (Spell power * 3] damage. Lasts 10 sec. While active you take 10% less damage. 2 charges. 10 second recharge.)

E-Carrion Swarm (50 Demonic Fury. Flaps your wings, unleashing a wave of shadow which deals 508 to 560 (+ 50% of Spell power) Shadow damage and interrupting spell casting. 12 second CD.

E-Drain Life (Drains the life from the target, causing (357 + .334 * Spell power) Shadow damage and restoring 2% of the caster's total health every 1 sec. Lasts 6 sec. 20 yard range. Generates 20 DM per second.)*

N-Suppression (Passive. Reduces spell push-back by 90% while casting or channeling any spell. The warlock can still dodge will casting or channeling.)

N-Demonic Breath (100 Demonic Fury. Sends a cone of dark energy before you, reducing the movement speed by 50% of all enemy targets within 10 yards for 6 sec. 20 second CD.)

N-Fury Tap (Req. DA. Instant. Consumes 30% of your current DM to deal up to 3000 damage, increases your dodge by up to 3000, and refund up to 300 DM the next time you have less than 50 DM. Lasts 5 seconds. 2 charges. 10 second recharge.)

N-Resolve (Increases your healing and absorption done to yourself, based on Stamina and damage taken (before avoidance and mitigation) in the last 10 seconds.

N-Bladed Armor (Passive ability for Blood Death Knights, Guardian Druids, Brewmaster Monks, Protection Paladins, Banisher Warlocks, and Protection Warriors. Bladed Armor increases Attack Power or Spell Power (which ever is higher) by 100% of the character's Bonus Armor.

N-Archimond's Vengence Enemies who attack you suffer .5% of all damage they deal to you. Damage received will also
    grant 5 DM. Single target and auto attacks only. This effect cannot occur again for 5 seconds.

N-Spawn of Dimensius (Every 20 sec, you gain Demonic Calling, causing your Demonic Slash and Soul Siphon hits to summon a Spawn of Dimensius from Netherstorm. Each Spawn of Dimensius will attack the target for 40 seconds before
    departing. Each attack generates 10 DM. Spawn of Dimensius have a 5% chance to take the damage the warlock would have suffered. Base CD 2 minutes.)

N-Shadowrage (Passive. While at or below 25% HP, your Fury Ward has no CD and costs 0 Fury. Lasts 4 seconds and cannot occur again for another 1 min.)

N-Soul Siphon (Replaces Soul Fire. Req. DA. Instant. 250 DM. 20 yard range. Siphon the soul of the target causing 836 (+ 123.4% of Spell Power) Shadow damage, reducing the single target damage taken by [$clamp( - 25 *- 1, 30, 80)]% for
    3 sec. 1.5 second CD. Soul Siphon will heal the warlock for 10% of the damage done.)* ACTIVE MITIGATION

N-Fel Concentration (Channeled. 100 DM; 25 DM every second. Causes all party/raid members in 40 yards to take 15% less damage over 4 seconds, up to the maximum HP of the Warlock and players are immune to interrupts. 3 minute CD.)*

N-Felstone (Replaces Healthstone. Instant. Restores 20% of your HP. Healthstone now has 3 USABLE charges. 2 minute recharge.)
    Still works with Glyph of Healthstone.

N-Shadowskin (Instant. 100 DM. The Warlock takes on a shadowy appearance increasing dodge chance by 30% for 8 seconds. 2 Min CD.)

N-Summon Pitlord (Instant. If DA, 200 DM and If no form 5 second cast 20% Mana. Pitlords are engines of hate and flame, bred for only one purpose: to destroy everything in their path.)

Doom Charge-Charges the target and stuns all targets in its path for 2 seconds. 15 second CD.

Tail Sweep-The Pit Lord recklessly swings its tail, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for 100% weapon damage and stunning all targets for 2 second. Causes the target to take 100% more damage from the Pit Lord. 30 second CD.

Sweeping Cleave-Cleave the target and all nearby enemies, dealing 100% weapon damage. 3 second CD.

Fel Flame Breath-Breathe Fel Flame at the target, dealing 876 (+ 20.55% of Spell power) Fel Flame damage over 6 seconds and dispelling 1 Magic effect from all enemies affected. 30 second CD.

N-Void Shout (Replaces Hand of Gul'dan/Chaos Wave. Req. DA. Instant. 50 DM. 20 yard range. Hurls a wave of chaos to strike the target and all enemies within 6 yards, dealing 1068 (+ 116.7% of Spell power) Chaos damage and reducing movement speed by 30% for 6 sec.
    Also causes 876 (+ 82.2% of Spell power) Shadowflame damage over 6 sec. Generates 4 DM every time it deals damage.)

N-Mastery: Demonic Empowerment (Passive, Increases the damage done by your demon servants by 8%.

Increases the damage you deal in caster form by 8%.

Reduces the damage you take while in DA form by 8%

Increases Spell power by 8%)

N-Dark Soul: Diffusion (Increases Stamina, Mastery, and effectiveness of Spawn of Dimensius by 15%. Lasts 20 seconds.)

N-Curse of Mending (Instant. 20% Mana. Curses an enemy for 20 sec, giving it 15% chance to heal its target by 5% of the damage dealt. Single target and auto attacks only. 30 second CD.)

DM (Your damaging spells and your demon's special attacks generate DM.)

Immolation Aura (While using DA, your Hellfire spell no longer deals damage to you and does not need to be channeled.)

Unending Resolve (Instant. 3 Min CD. The Warlock hardens his skin, reducing all damage taken by 40% and preventing his spells from being interrupted or silenced for 8 sec.)
    Still works with Glyph of Unending Resolve and Glyph of Eternal Resolve.

Fel Armor (Increases total health by 10% and the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 10%.)

Provocation (Req. DA. Instant. 50 DM. Forces the target to attack you, and increases threat that you generate against the target by 200% for 3 sec.)

Curse of the Elements (Instant. 20% Mana. Curses the target, increasing magic damage taken by 5% for 5 min.)

Curse of Enfeeblement (Instant. 20% Mana. Binds the target in demonic energy, reducing physical damage by 10% and increasing the casting time of all spells by 50% (10% on player targets) for 30 sec. Less effective on dungeon and raid bosses.)

Summon Demon (Instant. If DA, 200 DM and If no form 5 second cast 20% Mana. Imp, Succubus, Felhunter, and Voidwalker.)

**GLYPHS**

N-Major-Glyph of Fury Ward (Passive, give Fury ward a 20 Second CD, that Absorbs [3205 + (Spell power * 6)] damage, and no longer has charges.)

N-Major-Glyph of Fel Concentration (Takes away the maximum HP restriction from Fel Concentration, but reduces the duration by 50%.)

N-Major-Glyph of Dimensius (Summons 4 Spawn of Dimensius from Netherstorm to attack the target. The Spawn of Dimensius passive effect is disabled while Spawn of Dimensius is on CD. Spawn of Dimensius CD is reduced by spell haste.
    Also increases Spawn of Dimensius CD by 4 sec.

N-Major-Glyph of Demon Leap (Increase the distance of your Demon Leap by 5 yards.)

N-Major-Glyph of Carrion Swarm (Adds a knock back to your Carrion Swarm.)

N-Major-Glyph of Demonic Breath (Increases the slow duration and CD by 100%)

Minor-Glyph of Falling Meteor (If you use Demonic Leap while falling, you slam into the ground rapidly and will not die from falling damage.)

REMOVED-Glyph of Demon Hunting

**TALENTS**

N-Chaotic Resources Fury Generation (Instant. All spells that cost DM, now cost 0 DM, and spells that generate DM, generate 200% more DM. 2 min CD.)

N-Cataclysm (2.6 second cast. Conjures a Cataclysm at the target location, dealing 10000 Shadowflame damage to all enemies within 8 yards. Also applies Corruption. 1 minute CD.)

N-Demonic Servitude (2.6 second cast. You are now able to maintain your control over even greater demons indefinitely, allowing you to summon Doomguards and Infernals as permanent pets. 1 minute CD.)

E-Soul Leech (Your Demonic Slash, Soul Siphon, Void Ray, and Void Shout spells grant you and your pet a shadowy shield that absorbs 25% of the damage dealt. 25% maximum HP cap. Lasts for 15 seconds.)

E-Kil'jaeden's Cunning (You can cast Drain Life while moving.)

E-Grimoire of Sacrifice (You sacrifice your demon to gain one of its abilities, increase the power of many of your single target spells by 25% and regenerate 2% of maximum health every 5 sec. Lasts for 1 hour. Summoning another demon
    cancels the effect. 30 second CD.)

E-Grimoire of Supremacy (You command stronger demons, replacing your normal minions. These demons deal 20% additional damage and have more powerful abilities.)

Banisher only. Summon Pit Lord

E-Grimoire of Service (Instantly summon a second demon, who fights for 20 sec. The demon will instantly use one of their special abilities when summoned)

Banisher only. Grimoire: Pit Overlord-Immediately Doom Stomps around the target.

Warlords of Draenor Perks

Improved Demons - Increases all damage done your demon pets by 25%.
    Empowered Drain Life - Health gain from Drain Life grows by 10% every time it heals you.
    Improved Spawn of Deminsuis - Increased chance of absorbing attacks by 10%.
    Empowered Demons - Grants you demon pets and additional 10% haste and 10% critical strike chance.
    Improved Fury Ward - Increases the amount of damage absorbed by 50%.
    Enhanced Corruption - Your corruption generates 1 extra DM when it deals damage.
    Empowered Doom - The critical strike chance of your Doom is increased by 20%.
    Enhanced Void Shout - Radius is increased by 2 yards.
    Improved Demonic Slash - Your Demonic Slash deals 20% more damage.

**Special thanks**

Zix
    Sono
    Muertole
    Sparkuggz

Post is in the warlock forums on battle.net You cant miss it. 16 pages.

I would support shaman tanks before warlock tanks
    Nixs

Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    I would support shaman tanks before warlock tanks
    This.

I have been against Warlock tanking ever since people first started to cry for it. Sure, it's a fun and silly thing I enjoy/enjoyed doing in instances with friends - but as far as Warlock tanking in actual raid encounters it should never happen.

i personally think that warlocks and shamans should both tank. But I am a bigger fanatic of warlocks. Thats why I chose to do a concept on warlocks, and not shamans.

I would like to know why people think it should never happen. Please explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    This.

I have been against Warlock tanking ever since people first started to cry for it. Sure, it's a fun and silly thing I enjoy/enjoyed doing in instances with friends - but as far as Warlock tanking in actual raid encounters it should never happen.

Except it did happen. Both Elegon and Spirit Kings were tanked by a warlock during T14 normal progression. A warlock has tanked a few current fights (Not any heroics though) now. C-modes gold have been tanked by a warlock- impressive considering the importance of a tank role in them. There are more examples I could dig up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Shamans and Locks should both get a tank spec!

Warlocks always were the "tanky" spell caster. Remember from Vanilla there was always at least one fight that required a lock to "tank". Much more common than shamans. I am against, though, since with the addition of boosting service warlocks will be everywhere. And I don't want that.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    This.

It should never happen? Funny my old fire rez kit from TBC says hello

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    It should never happen? Funny my old fire rez kit from TBC says hello
    But that was spelldamage tanking, not physical damage tanking.

Deleted
    Cloth+Tank
    Derp.....

Sure we have "tanked" niche encounters and this is fine. there are very few specific encounters where we would range tank a boss and this is good for the warlock class. however having us have a full time tank spec ? No. You want to play full time tank, then go roll a Bear, Protadin, DK, or Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    You want to play full time tank, then go roll a Bear, Protadin, DK, or Warrior.
    Actually when i picked my class:

- Only tank was warrior. They had dps specs but due to tank shortage you were doomed to be a tank.
    - Palas only decent raid spec was healer.
    - Druids only decent raid spec was healer.
    - Priests were healers.
    - Shamans and Palas only existed in their factions. There were no palas on horde or shamans in alliance.

Things change and like many others this is a good change...

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this thread need to exist, when there's another Warlock tanking thread on the top half of the front page?

Warlock tanks aren't happening in WoD, that is abundantly clear. All the evidence suggests what tools we do have for it are being trimmed back too, so even the current form of almost tanking won't exist. So that seems unlikely for the next expansion too, but I guess we'll have to wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Does this thread need to exist, when there's another Warlock tanking thread on the top half of the front page?

Warlock tanks aren't happening in WoD, that is abundantly clear. All the evidence suggests what tools we do have for it are being trimmed back too, so even the current form of almost tanking won't exist. So that seems unlikely for the next expansion too, but I guess we'll have to wait until then.
    Exactly.
    It has been made bloody obvious that any tanking in place of a traditional tank you have been doing so far is simply unintended, and blizzard are making further fixes to try and prevent it.
    Please people, get over it, we aren't getting it soon, if ever.

It won't fix any tank shortages, it won't help queues beyond some novelty when it is new period.
    Warlocks do not NEED a tank spec, the game does not NEED warlock tanks, the community does not NEED more tank roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

There arent enough tanks in game. That we know. You cant add a new class that can tank, that can also heal and dps to affect anything. That isnt even the purpose for this.

This game is about options. And there is only Role/class combo that can RDPS and Tank. Thats a druid. 1 choice. That doesnt sound like options to me.

Yes it may be going away, but that dont mean it will still never happen.

I do to believe that shamans should tank as well. Even up the odds. Where leather and Plate only tanks dont exist. Cloth and leather now do to.

It's not about balancing the dps of a tank spec. There is no vengeance now, so that isnt a problem. 75% of the issues that Celestalon stated it needed, it has had at one point or another.

Their issue on not making it happen, is that they dont see it helping the game. Its not a huge change, but the game is declining. By somewhat a large amount. 200k players in the last 4 months'ish. They'll have to do something more than new content and garrisons in game. Garrisons may help gaining gear, and exp. but if it wasnt for that, and only player housing, it would probably only be popular with the RP players.

Again this?
    Really guys, use your boost on a tank, and stop this once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynedelewis View Post
    There arent enough tanks in game. That we know. You cant add a new class that can tank, that can also heal and dps to affect anything. That isnt even the purpose for this.

This game is about options. And there is only Role/class combo that can RDPS and Tank. Thats a druid. 1 choice. That doesnt sound like options to me.

Yes it may be going away, but that dont mean it will still never happen.

I do to believe that shamans should tank as well. Even up the odds. Where leather and Plate only tanks dont exist. Cloth and leather now do to.

It's not about balancing the dps of a tank spec. There is no vengeance now, so that isnt a problem. 75% of the issues that Celestalon stated it needed, it has had at one point or another.

Their issue on not making it happen, is that they dont see it helping the game. Its not a huge change, but the game is declining. By somewhat a large amount. 200k players in the last 4 months'ish. They'll have to do something more than new content and garrisons in game. Garrisons may help gaining gear, and exp. but if it wasnt for that, and only player housing, it would probably only be popular with the RP players.
    The game is nearly 10 years old.
    The community is getting worse.

Short of booting half the playerbase, the game is going to continue to decline.

Warlocks tanking is thrown around repeatedly as some solution to a non-existent problem.
    There is no tank shortage, only a lack of willing tanks.
    And that is something no new tank role is ever going to solve.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Again this?
    Really guys, use your boost on a tank, and stop this once and for all.
    As someone with a 90 druid, warrior, dk, paladin and warlock, I want warlock tanks.

So yeah, /shoo.

15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

I would like to see this added/changed:

Dark Apotheosis Glyph
    Requires Demonology.
    You imbue yourself with demonic energies, reducing physical damage taken by X%, reduces magic damage taken by X%.
    All threat Generated by your demons is increased by 100% and redirected to you but they deal 50% less damage.
    Dark Apotheosis replaces Metamorphosis. (Can not be activated or deactivated while in combat.)

--

Soulshatter
    Reduces threat by 90% for all enemies within 50 yards.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active, Soulshatter taunts your current target instead.
    Cooldown 10 seconds . Generates 100 Fury.

Shadow Bolt
    Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing X Shadow damage.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active, instantly Sends a shadowy bolt an enemy and two additional enemies for X damage.
    A successful dodge, or block will reset the cooldown on Shadow Bolt. Cooldown 9 seconds. Generates 200 Fury.

Soul Fire
    Burn the enemy's soul, causing X Fire damage.
    Soul Fire always critically strikes.

When Dark Apotheosis is active, the warlock burns the enemy's soul, causing X Fire damage to an enemy and heals you for 60% of the damage you have sustained from non-player sources during the preceding 5 sec. This spell cannot miss or be resisted, but is longer always a critical hit. Cooldown 6 seconds. Generates 200 Fury.

Hellfire
    Channeled
    Ignites the area surrounding the caster, causing X Fire damage to himself and X Fire damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec. Lasts 14 sec.

When Dark Apotheosis is active, instantly ignite the area surrounding the caster hitting all enemies within 8 yards causing X Fire damage, also applies the Weakened Blows effect. Cooldown 6 seconds. Costs no Fury.

Hand of Gul'dan (morphs to: Chaos Armor)
    Summons a falling meteor to strike the target and all enemies within 6 yards for X Shadowflame damage and inflicting them with Shadowflame.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active Hand of Gul'dan is morphed into Chaos Armor. The warlock instantly summons a Chaos Armor. Chaos Armor will block every melee attack against you for the next 10 sec.
    When the warlock is hit when Chaos Armor is active they get afflicted with Corruption. Cooldown 7 seconds. Costs 500 Fury.

Twilight Ward
    Absorbs X Shadow or Holy damage. Lasts 30seconds.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active, Twilight Ward absorbs 50% of damage dealt by harmful spell and prevents application of harmful magical effects. Lasts 10 sec.
    Cooldown 60 seconds. Costs no Fury.

Void Ray (new)
    Requires Dark Apotheosis
    Instantly deal X shadowflame damage to all enemies in a 20 yard line.

Drain Life
    Drains the life from the target, causing X Shadow damage and restoring 2% of the caster's total health every 1 sec. Lasts 6 sec.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active, instantly drain life from the target, causing X Shadow damage and restoring 10% of the caster's total health.

Banish:
    Banishes an enemy Demon, Aberration or Elemental for up to 30 sec.
    When Dark Apotheosis is active, the warlock instanly casts a weak banish spell on himself entering halveway into the nether making him harder to hit and reducing all damage by X% for 15 sec.

Empowered Wild Imps (passive) (new)
    Requires Dark Apotheosis.
    Attacks from you Wild Imps will heal you and one random partymember for X% of the damage done.

Mastery: Master Demonologist
    Also increases your dodge by X%

:D :D :D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The game is nearly 10 years old.
    The community is getting worse.

Short of booting half the playerbase, the game is going to continue to decline.

Warlocks tanking is thrown around repeatedly as some solution to a non-existent problem.
    There is no tank shortage, only a lack of willing tanks.
    And that is something no new tank role is ever going to solve.
    It in fact could make more people willing to tank. Each Tank (along with each healer) does in fact have a flavor to it that makes it different from the others despite all the Homogenization going around the classes. I actually know a few people who didn't like how other classes healed, enjoyed how Monk's healed and main a monk healer now. A few others also enjoyed how monk's fist-weaved but since blizzard kind of killed it, moved on-to different specs.

Blizzard could always add more tank specs or more healing specs into the game. As long as they make sure the unique flavor is there to them, then that flavor would/could attract people who normally don't heal/tank to do so. and if it is OP, then it would potentially bring more players (the Min/Max crowd) but that's just a re-suffling then attracting new players.

With that said, I fully support warlocks (or shamans) tanking as long as blizzard is able to make it unique and different while still being viable.

Final counter argument: Blizzard is adding Gladiator Stance to Warriors. Warriors Don't need another DPS spec! It won't attract new players to DPS as a warrior. They could already just choose arms or fury for that. There are also tons of other DPS specs and no shortage to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    It in fact could make more people willing to tank. Each Tank (along with each healer) does in fact have a flavor to it that makes it different from the others despite all the Homogenization going around the classes. I actually know a few people who didn't like how other classes healed, enjoyed how Monk's healed and main a monk healer now. A few others also enjoyed how monk's fist-weaved but since blizzard kind of killed it, moved on-to different specs.

Blizzard could always add more tank specs or more healing specs into the game. As long as they make sure the unique flavor is there to them, then that flavor would/could attract people who normally don't heal/tank to do so. and if it is OP, then it would potentially bring more players (the Min/Max crowd) but that's just a re-suffling then attracting new players.

With that said, I fully support warlocks (or shamans) tanking as long as blizzard is able to make it unique and different while still being viable.

Final counter argument: Blizzard is adding Gladiator Stance to Warriors. Warriors Don't need another DPS spec! It won't attract new players to DPS as a warrior. They could already just choose arms or fury for that. There are also tons of other DPS specs and no shortage to them.
    It won't make more people willing to tank, period.
    The community made tanking an experience that people don't want to do in random groups.
    Only the community can fix it, not that they ever will.