Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Only way to detect it would be to make a very large ass comparison tool between other top logs that compares Stampede damage(The pets whose damage is like 1% of total damage each).

For the top(non-abused) logs, the Stampede damage should be around the same and when a cheated log shows up, it marks it as invalid because Stampede damage is way higher than normal which is not achievable with just trinket RNG as on most fights you can get out 2 Stampedes only(At pull and at 4min mark with AoC+Pot+Racial+Engi tinker)

But I doubt this kind of advanced comparison is achievable other than just manually going through the top 50 logs or with some algorithm that checks damage done by pets/companions/guardians.
    There is going to be some natural fluctuation around the expected result. If a guy outperforms all the others by three standard deviations it might be an exploit, or it might be a 1 in 400 chance. In the real world it won't be anything like that clear cut, especially if the guy is trying to stay under the radar.

And, as I keep stating, debuff hacks are one possible play: there are many, many others. You don't have to restrict debuffs to your stampede pet for example. Nor do they have to be restricted to damage. Or you might not be using debuffs at all.

Just find out what a Stampede pet does with absolute BiS gear with perfect RNG and if a stamp pet did 10-20% more than that invalidate the log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Just find out what a Stampede pet does with absolute BiS gear with perfect RNG and if a stamp pet did 10-20% more than that invalidate the log.
    You'd get too many false positives.

You can't do this by choosing some plausible arbitary cutoff number. All you can do is establish a confidence
    level of likelihood relative to normal performance. That's really difficult when, by definition, the #1 spot is
    going to be take by an outlier performance.

Winning the UK lottery is a 1 in 8 million chance. Someone wins it most weeks. They aren't using any exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You'd get too many false positives.

You can't do this by choosing some plausible arbitary cutoff number. All you can do is establish a confidence
    level of likelihood relative to normal performance. That's really difficult when, by definition, the #1 spot is
    going to be take by an outlier performance.

Winning the UK lottery is a 1 in 8 million chance. Someone wins it most weeks. They aren't using any exploits.
    How'd you get false positives? How can you do more than BiS gear + perfect RNG without an exploit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    How'd you get false positives? How can you do more than BiS gear + perfect RNG without an exploit?
    The damage from stampede pets will vary due to a variety of random factors.

I don't know what you mean by "perfect rng", it would be helpful if you could clarify.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2014-05-09 at 01:26 AM.

I don't know what you mean by "perfect rng", it would be helpful if you could clarify.
    Like, every proc possible going off every use of stampede, also having skull banners and stuff like that. Figure out what the maximum possible damage of stampede is assuming perfect gear and the stars aligning for procs and buffs and raid CDs.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Perfect RNG = AoC+RPPM+Engi Tinker+BF/Berserking+Skull Banner+Potion at 2/4 minute mark.

Though just by going through with "theoretical max" +-5% isn't going to cut it as some fights have increased damage taken phases(only fights in this tier are Norushen and Sha).

You'd have to make a custom calculation for each possible boss in a tier that includes +% damage buffs/debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Perfect RNG = AoC+RPPM+Engi Tinker+BF/Berserking+Skull Banner+Potion at 2/4 minute mark.

Though just by going through with "theoretical max" +-5% isn't going to cut it as some fights have increased damage taken phases(only fights in this tier are Norushen and Sha).

You'd have to make a custom calculation for each possible boss in a tier that includes +% damage buffs/debuffs.
    But it's not impossible to do. Would take a little more time to do it that way, but it's achievable.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    But it's not impossible to do. Would take a little more time to do it that way, but it's achievable.
    Is it worth the time invested to do it for a talent of 1 class? Depends on how complex it would have to be and how skilled the one making it is.

Unless Stampede mechanic is changing in WoD, these kind of snapshot bug abuses will continue to exist and will skew Hunter parses quite a bit since more and more people read about it on these forums(us complaining, they will start searching for it).

Think these ideas would require way too much effort on the part of warcraftlogs staff. No one should have to deal with this much nonsense just because people are shitty idiots.

People need to get together and compile a list(not in the thread) of known buffs/debuffs that spawn combat events can be easily used to invalidate logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    Think these ideas would require way too much effort on the part of warcraftlogs staff. No one should have to deal with this much nonsense just because people are shitty idiots.

People need to get together and compile a list(not in the thread) of known buffs/debuffs that spawn combat events can be easily used to invalidate logs.
    Thing is, the Stampede bug does NOT show any Buffs/Debuffs anywhere on the combat log. Stampede pets are based off your pets(read: not your current active pet), and if your pets have said abused buff, the stampede pets gain that buff too but it's invisible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard there was a new stampede bug that megabloks used to conquer the 10 man ranks

Take a second look at logs, there are quite a few people abusing bugs that spawn combat events. It's not a perfect solution, but at worst it raises the bar for people who are willing to abuse these types of buffs/debuffs.

Deleted
    Not gonna lie I'd literally just discount anyones log who isn't using the stampede glyph as a band-aid fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stampede glyph for life

Deleted
    @WarcraftLogs guy, just scan for any buffs (or debuffs) on the hunter pets that aren't ones accessible to the fight. I assume the xploits are done by actual buff/debuffs on the pets.

Just make Stampede glyph baseline problem solved ggwp.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Just make Stampede glyph baseline problem solved ggwp.
    I really hope that blizzard does this for WoD
    Retired hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    "No Shattering Throw on Pull? What are you?! Communists?!"

""Warrior1", when I asks for Shattering Throw, it's one of your abilities, not a sexual favor. So please stop buttf* my rank."

"Hey "Warrior1", you use Shattering Throw on pull, as much as atheists pray to god."

"Shattering Throw? MORE LIKE NOPE!"

"Look "Warrior1"! Even the boss is f'ng confused why there was no Shattering Throw!"

"If I had a nickel for every Shattering Throw on pull, I'd be broke as f'..."

"*Be VERY excited on pull, when people asks you why the outburst* Oh, sorry my bad. I thought I saw Shattering Throw debuff on the boss"
    These are my favorites, thanks!

Deleted
    i think megabloks used a stackable 100% haste buff. theoretically you can stack it up infinite about of times but realistically you can only get maybe 60-90 stacks of it. but that requires a 3-4 other geared players and a lot of patience. i dont think he knew this when getting the buff that it could be stacked if he is using the same one i think he is.

piwie used a debuff that is already fixed, if you want to know it is called maul of desperation and you get it from Sha-Haunted Tigress mobs in karsang wilds. it's a 12 second lasting 25% haste buff that stacks up to 4. i think most hunters discovered it because some guy accidentally found out about and decided to abuse it and log it.

But yes, world of logs doesn't show debuffs on stampede pets, I've even tested this myself. if the pet is summoned through stampede, world of logs has issues displaying debuffs. This is exactly why megabloks decided to only upload it to world of logs and not warcraft logs. Warcraft logs almost aways shows the debuff on stampede pets.