Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    If the gladiator stance experiment works out they could do the same for DKs and make blood dps again with a talent like death presence? #hopeful
    The fact they are giving it to warriors before death knights is a huge problem to me to be honest. Blood was a dps spec before, prot wasn't so I'm quite a bit irritated at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    nope. would stay frost dps.
    IF we went back to those trees I would never stop playing frost. So I 100% agree with you...I loved frost then...the class wasn't quite as shallow as it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I didn't realize how much I missed the old trees until I saw this.
    Yea...I felt the same too...

id kill for old unholy.

Deleted
    Dem old talent trees.
    QQ
    QQ
    qqqqqqqqqq

My DW frost tank from ICC days shall not be forgotten, even though my account was long ago hacked and abandoned around Cata makeover time...

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    LOL my goodness that is ridic

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when talent trees were still trees and skills and passives actually meant something. It felt like your character was actually progessing.

Oh well. Guess they had to dumb it down and remove almost everything to make it look more easy for the common peasant folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Back when talent trees were still trees and skills and passives actually meant something. It felt like your character was actually progessing.

Oh well. Guess they had to dumb it down and remove almost everything to make it look more easy for the common peasant folk.
    Honestly these talent trees could work if there was actual choice....There just isn't. Most of it is the illusion of choice when these trees are more cookie cutter than the old trees ever were.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Honestly these talent trees could work if there was actual choice....There just isn't. Most of it is the illusion of choice when these trees are more cookie cutter than the old trees ever were.
    I really hope that the "levelling perk" experiment in WoD is a success, and they roll the same thing out from 1 through 100. It seems like it fills the same niche: a sense of progression as you level through, each time getting something new instead of periods where you go, y'know, two whole levels without getting something pop. It also eliminates the talent tree "choice" where you could either choose "don't be crappy", or, y'know, not choose that.

Also, just saying, the difference between performance of the various choices in the tree is often smaller that the difference in performance that professions bring to the table, so... yeah. There is an "illusion of choice" if you mistakenly believe that you play with less than one percent difference between wiping to bezerk on every pull and clearing that boss... and I strongly suspect you don't cut it that fine.

If the levelling perks actually end up creating a sense of progression that's fine, but I feel like everyone who doesn't get the good ones early on is just going to feel like they got screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    everyone who doesn't get the good ones early on is just going to feel like they got screwed over.
    This a hundred times. I like the idea of progressing, but why does it have to be random? Hope they change this until the official release (i. e. until Dec 2015~)
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This was my old tanking build during ICC - I was blood tank before it was cool:

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=3...3513052z0503y0
    I much preferred Frost tanking back then, it was out of hand with lichborne and something like five or six avoidance talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    This a hundred times. I like the idea of progressing, but why does it have to be random? Hope they change this until the official release (i. e. until Dec 2015~)
    Eh, I see the point, but ... I levelled an alt through cata and pandaria recently. That was kind of not fun, because every time I stepped up a level I could feel it -- casts were slower, damage was lucky to feel the same, and generally I felt devalued. Except when I pickup up a core ability that suddenly boosted power, and I felt stronger.

It really varied, a lot. There wasn't a smooth curve for ele shaman, or the druid before that, or the other alts I brought up. If this semi-random ordering happens to give you things you don't like as much sooner, can you really tell the difference from "hey, have rune regen in T75", or "hey, have 23 level where you gain all sorts of fluff, but zero rotational abilities, dear ele shaman"?

Also, I suspect that if there are some really "great" perks that you miss like nothing else, so will plenty of other people in the beta, and random will be revised away, or the perks adjusted so that none of them are stand-out enough to make you super-sad. (Unless, y'know, they end up like the profession thing where it is sub-one-percent difference, and people are all "must find the best one" despite the facts. Which could happen.)

This was my old tanking build during ICC - I was blood tank before it was cool:

http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=3...3513052z0503y0
    Just looking at that build brings back a lot of memories.... I don't really miss those days, Talents back then were so boring.

...so many interesting skills in that alpha tree. Can I get Frozen Runeblade instead of Pillar of Frost?

Deleted
    Seeing that again makes me respect the new talent tree so much more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    ...so many interesting skills in that alpha tree. Can I get Frozen Runeblade instead of Pillar of Frost?
    I'd prefer Deathchill. That was a neat talent that never made it in.

I'd prefer Deathchill. That was a neat talent that never made it in.
    Oh, hell yes. Especially with the Glyph that makes Icy Touch dispell

I could also do with Frozen Death Plate, and Hungering Cold can make a return in that form any day.

All those memories... I loved playing around and adjusting thing. No 2 characters where ever exactly the same specced.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Summon garoglye used to be garoglye swam on a 5 minute cd that spawned multiple gargoyles at once?? My lord, the greatness of it...
    That would've been pretty cool to have on live. Sad we didn't. Though I wouldn't mind seeing one of the DK tier's being replaced with something like Gargoyle Swarm and two other's.

Though looking at those trees I'm glad they are gone. Since it's just a bunch of +X to Y and Z does to A etc and it's all baked in baseline now.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    The fact they are giving it to warriors before death knights is a huge problem to me to be honest. Blood was a dps spec before, prot wasn't so I'm quite a bit irritated at that.
    Eh, I still wish you could take as Frost. Don't know what it was exactly but tanking while Dual Wielding was pretty fun for me at least. Blood I just can't get into. Granted I'll still tank on my DK, but I'd rather be on my paladin instead if I was tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Also, I suspect that if there are some really "great" perks that you miss like nothing else, so will plenty of other people in the beta, and random will be revised away, or the perks adjusted so that none of them are stand-out enough to make you super-sad. (Unless, y'know, they end up like the profession thing where it is sub-one-percent difference, and people are all "must find the best one" despite the facts. Which could happen.)
    True. Rune shield sounds pretty outstanding compared to stuff like +20% for a strike (from a tank perspective). Whatever, we'll see what future brings
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing