Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Not sure what your point is, are legendaries good or bad?
    Normally? Some of them are too good. I'm reluctant to say anything definite about arena though. I think they can be stronger than in constructed even but arena is a balance crapshoot. You have people without removal in there and people with 4 poly/swipe/hex. Balancing legendaries should be important I feel, but for arena everything goes. My post is just a random arena story I guess, for some reason I felt like sharing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, whenever I face someone that plays an overpowered legendary and I can't do anything about it, I'll wait it out. Dragging it on as much as I can. So they can spam 'I'm sorry' while they're waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    The other night I had a blast.

I use 0 Legendary Cards in my Priest Deck, and my opponent pulled Ysera out.

Sooo I MCed Ysera, used her, abused her dream cards, and when I was done..

*Infects Ysera with Nightmare card +4 Damage (Death at end of turn)*

Ysera attacks her summoner.
    (Krunch has 2 HP now.)

Me: "Bye. :P"

*Ysera Awakens* 5 damage to everything.

I win.

Moral of the story: Legendary Cards are OP true, but I love swimming in a pool of tears when I turn other folks toys against them.
    I love beating Priests that steal my good cards like Cairne. I faced a Priest the other day that Thoughtstealed my Cairne, and later played his own Cairne. He also stole one of my Harvest Golems with Cabal Shadow Priest.

Deleted
    It's funny how some legendaries can turn the game around....
    I'm winning as f2p mage(trumps deck) against pally, and the around mid game: Ragg to face, Tyrion gives wep, BC destroys taunt and gg, well deserved I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Not sure what your point is, are legendaries good or bad?
    Good to have, bad to face. I thought he was rather clear.

Before the pagle and overspark nerfs, i'd have agreed with the OP. Now? Not so much. There's only 2 generally good legandaries left: Rag and Ysera. Black Knight is also situationally good, in that it can kill druids taunts easily (that they just used coin / innervate to play etc). But anyway, if you're running into Rag and Ysera often, just use a cheap rush deck.

For instance, zoo warlock / shaman is super-cheap to put together. No legendaries needed, and you should be killing the oppenent by turn 7 so you'll never see rag / ysera.
    Miracle Rogue is more expensive, but you'll get pretty far up the ranks if you just swap leeroy and one other card with a questing adverturer. Wait til turn 4 => questing => vanish him => LOL CARD SPAM TURN 5 => win on turn 6 or 7. If you dont get the questing in time, play an actioneer on turn 5 instead.

So yeh, no need for legendaries to get far up the rankings. Not since the pagle nerf. In arena? Yeh, that's different. But they also just got REALLY lucky to get that rag.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2014-05-10 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Before the pagle and overspark nerfs, i'd have agreed with the OP. Now? Not so much. There's only 2 generally good legandaries left: Rag and Ysera. Black Knight is also situationally good, in that it can kill druids taunts easily (that they just used coin / innervate to play etc). But anyway, if you're running into Rag and Ysera often, just use a cheap rush deck.

For instance, zoo warlock / shaman is super-cheap to put together. No legendaries needed, and you should be killing the oppenent by turn 7 so you'll never see rag / ysera.
    Miracle Rogue is more expensive, but you'll get pretty far up the ranks if you just swap leeroy and one other card with a questing adverturer. Wait til turn 4 => questing => vanish him => LOL CARD SPAM TURN 5 => win on turn 6 or 7. If you dont get the questing in time, play an actioneer on turn 5 instead.

So yeh, no need for legendaries to get far up the rankings. Not since the pagle nerf. In arena? Yeh, that's different. But they also just got REALLY lucky to get that rag.
    I would disagree. Bloodmage Thalnos is probably the overall best Legendary, even though he's not flashy, (run in a majority of decks) followed by Leeroy Jenkins. Ragnaros is only good in decks that have good bait cards, so that he can safely be played and live longer than a turn. Example: Control Warrior/Ramp Druid. Ragnaros is basically King Krush for 1-less mana, if he only gets one attack off. I will agree though that Ysera is good. Even if you only get one Dream card, it can often times be the right one, and turn a game around, such as Ysera Awakens. Black Knight also has incredible value since a ton of decks run taunts.
    Last edited by muto; 2014-05-10 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I would disagree. Bloodmage Thalnos is probably the overall best Legendary (run in a majority of decks) followed by Cairne, a double Yeti. Ragnaros is only good in decks that have good bait cards, so that he can safely be played and live longer than a turn. Example: Control Warrior. I will agree though that Ysera is good. Even if you only get one Dream card, it can often times be the right one, and turn a game around, such as Ysera Awakens. Black Knight also has incredible value since a ton of decks run taunts.
    Thalnos is good, but doesn't have enough hp to be OP. It only makes it into so many decks due to deathrattle. Loot hoarder is much the same.
    Cairne is also quite good, but it's still too slow against any kind of aggro / rush deck. It's too easy to just ignore / CC.