Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Things that should be brought back to make the game fun again.

Wow atm is boring, dull, very easy and everything is handed to you once you reach max lvl. Some stuff i would personally love to see back and im sure it would benefit the game:

-Attunements: they gave you something to work on when you dinged max lvl, it hyped up the raids and gave them more value, it made you travel all over the world and through dungeons to uncover a story and made YOU an important part of the story and it was just awesome. Now when you ding max lvl you imediately jump into LFR, the raids dont feel epic at all, you can leave the raid whenever you want with little to no penalty, its boring.

-Farming for stuff at max. lvl: what happened to farming, i remember in vanilla and TBC ppl at max lvl were out there in the world farming stuff either for raids or to craft an epic or something, now you have everything you need, nobody farms anymore or they use bots, farming made the world feel alive, it also gave you something to do at max lvl, it made you meet other players from your realm, creating rivalries and spontaneous world events.

-40 man raids : the more ppl you have the more epic the feeling, i know most of you will say that its hard to recruit and coordinate 40 ppl, but back in vanilla there were guilds that did it succesfully and we had world firsts competition aswell.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wing Clip
    HGWT
    World Bosses that travel.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    old av.

i am really hyped for ashran but please, give me my old av back.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    The Zandalari trolls, how about a space-patch? We go to Zul' da Moon!

The average player they are marketing to does not want to be challenged at all, which is a pity because that's where the most fun is found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering having more function within the game! (yes, I mean the use of turrets, grenades, MC, pets and such).

Hmmm.. World bosses in Azeroth...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Wow atm is boring, dull, very easy and everything is handed to you once you reach max lvl. Some stuff i would personally love to see back and im sure it would benefit the game:

-Attunements: they gave you something to work on when you dinged max lvl, it hyped up the raids and gave them more value, it made you travel all over the world and through dungeons to uncover a story and made YOU an important part of the story and it was just awesome. Now when you ding max lvl you imediately jump into LFR, the raids dont feel epic at all, you can leave the raid whenever you want with little to no penalty, its boring.

-Farming for stuff at max. lvl: what happened to farming, i remember in vanilla and TBC ppl at max lvl were out there in the world farming stuff either for raids or to craft an epic or something, now you have everything you need, nobody farms anymore or they use bots, farming made the world feel alive, it also gave you something to do at max lvl, it made you meet other players from your realm, creating rivalries and spontaneous world events.

-40 man raids : the more ppl you have the more epic the feeling, i know most of you will say that its hard to recruit and coordinate 40 ppl, but back in vanilla there were guilds that did it succesfully and we had world firsts competition aswell.
    those are the things that make be glad i wasnt playing in vanilla. I started playing in bc and I knew what I was getting into when I had to do attunements but when you lose a shaman for the phys dps group and there is a app then you have to get him attunted that shit gets old fast. I didnt mind farming but when you have to schedule your farming and the ammount of shit you need to farm is redic like it was for hunters in bc its a turn off. You spend more time prepping that actual raiding. 40 man raids im sure was epic feeling but they just dont fit in with the model of the game as it is. Relics of the past that should stay in the past
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Attunements - if done well this could be actually fun.

Grinding - pffft, I don't know why people love it so much. Not to mention, there's plenty of grind in the game now! You have the Isle of Giants grind, the Alani grind, the legendary rep grinds, Shaohao rep grind... there's lots of grindy content if you want it. I think it's better the way it is now - i.e. optional. Making it mandatory would be really bad, there are a lot of good (heroic level) raiders who have the time to log in 3-4 times a week to raid, but spending double that on grinding some shit would make them drop progression. Not good.

40man raids - no, sorry, but no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    The average player they are marketing to does not want to be challenged at all, which is a pity because that's where the most fun is found.
    Actually, a fair few of them do want to be challenged, just not in a way that sucks their life away.

Some games have been short, yet incredibly hard. That is pretty much a dead art today.

Thanks for voicing your highly subjective opinion. Attunements were not hard. Farming was not hard. 40 man raids were oversized, too damn big for the era WoW came out in if you ask me.

You've basically listed a bunch of stuff that took time and no real skill to achieve, sorry.

And if you complain about LFR content being too easy, then that's your fault.

Your opinions do not equal facts. You do however consider many features that were nowhere CLOSE to challenging as the pinnacle of skill it seems.

/having plenty of fun and challenge from WoW.

Challenge in things other than Heroic raids or C-Modes. I miss the days of hard elite quests, or open world dungeons.

When things are hard the satisfaction for completing them is greater.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better weather effect. (storming when its raining, in Kalimdor and Eastern kingdom)
    Darker nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

out of all those the 40 man raid one is the only one i miss.
    Frankly i miss the 72 man raids from everquest. Even the occasional 100+ man raid to kill Avatar of War were awesome.
    That is an epic RAID.
    10 men going into a dungeon isn't a raid..it's just a slightly larger group :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Your opinions do not equal facts. You do however consider many features that were nowhere CLOSE to challenging as the pinnacle of skill it seems.

/having plenty of fun and challenge from WoW.
    Attunements separated the good from the bads, bads didnt complete attunements, also attunement took alot of skills to complete, in tbc 5 man heroics were hard and attunements took you through the hardest ones, like black moras, shadow labs etc. and since there was no group finder you also needed social skills, to make friends or join a guild to complete those dungeons, but you probably started playing wow in cata and you cant understand how things were back then, wow was much more fun will all those old things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Actually, a fair few of them do want to be challenged, just not in a way that sucks their life away.
    That doesnt sound like people who would pick up and play an MMORPG, more so the kind that would settle for a 40hr long videogame.

Hunters using melee weapons

Hunters using Mana, Aspect of the Viper

Cold Blood

Overkill

Removal of Vendetta.

10+ Year Old Account
    What should be removed:

All instance queuing except that which is done at an NPC (ala vanilla/BC)
    LFR completely removed
    Flying removed during current dontent
    Different raid difficulties (make it all one difficulty - hard)

What should be brought back:

Attunements
    More world bosses that don't exist to be tier/pvp gear pinatas each new tier
    Gear designs that don't look like ass (the new warrior tier is a good start though)
    Group quests being more prominent
    Dungeons/raids that actually require CC

Do all that and it will both require people to be social and not just sit in cities spam queuing to cap on points and then be done for the week. Also these changes would require people to do all of the content so they can see the new content instead of just skipping around and ignoring the old stuff like it didn't happen. It's better when people actually care about the encounters they're doing than when they're just skipping around because they want the best gear.

People have the wrong idea. The game is not less fun because they removed these wonderful things like 40 man lagfests, attunements and grinding. The game is less fun because they are simply continuing with old ideas and not making new ones.

In order to keep a 10 year old game exciting they need to bring in new ideas, cool ideas, things to get us excited to keep playing. They aren't doing that. The upcoming expansion is the safest they've ever released. It's changing literally nothing about the design of the game, and that's why people aren't excited about it. There's nothing to talk about. Nothing to look forward to, nothing controversial unless you consider the complete lack of features to be controversial.

In response to your question, though, I think the real thing WoW is lacking is a focus on something other than raiding. It may be personal taste but I know a lot of people lately who haven't been as interested in the same tired raiding format and I'd like to see more alternatives to PvE progression. I understand that the best gear will be from Mythic raiding and it should be but I think heroic-quality(aka current normal) loot should be obtainable elsewhere and there should be ways to gear without having to commit to a raid schedule, but still be appropriately challenging.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    those are the things that make be glad i wasnt playing in vanilla. I started playing in bc and I knew what I was getting into when I had to do attunements but when you lose a shaman for the phys dps group and there is a app then you have to get him attunted that shit gets old fast. I didnt mind farming but when you have to schedule your farming and the ammount of shit you need to farm is redic like it was for hunters in bc its a turn off. You spend more time prepping that actual raiding. 40 man raids im sure was epic feeling but they just dont fit in with the model of the game as it is.
    I agree with most except one thing.
    Farming for materials for crafting was - in concept - interesting.
    I remember in TBC people killing (and killing other players for) Elementals that dropped Mote of X.
    It fostered PvP (not ganking/griefing).

The problem with it was the sheer amount of grinding necessary that made it a chore.
    There is a nice spot somewhere between TBC and MoP, as far as Effort:Reward goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    Relics of the past that should stay in the past
    Most of the time, yes, but not always.

Paladin Seals had a great concept in vanilla, although the exact implementation made them annoying annoying, but now they're the extreme opposite - just boring stances.
    Crafted gear used to be meaningful, but now it's 99% useless while leveling, and used for a very short amount of time at end game.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    What should be removed:

All instance queuing except that which is done at an NPC (ala vanilla/BC)
    LFR completely removed
    Flying removed during current dontent
    Different raid difficulties (make it all one difficulty - hard)

What should be brought back:

Attunements
    More world bosses that don't exist to be tier/pvp gear pinatas each new tier
    Gear designs that don't look like ass (the new warrior tier is a good start though)
    Group quests being more prominent
    Dungeons/raids that actually require CC

Do all that and it will both require people to be social and not just sit in cities spam queuing to cap on points and then be done for the week. Also these changes would require people to do all of the content so they can see the new content instead of just skipping around and ignoring the old stuff like it didn't happen. It's better when people actually care about the encounters they're doing than when they're just skipping around because they want the best gear.
    Totally agree, also another thing is those epic class quests, like the hunters had in vanilla for the lohngoron bow, warlocks and pallys for their mounts, shamans for totems, druids for all their forms, honestly why did the remove the druid quests... anything that requires abit of effort must be removed from wow?
    Last edited by Bumkin; 2014-05-11 at 07:07 PM.