Carried to Gladiator

So I haven't set foot in Arena for yeas, and I don't plan on doing so any time soon, but I saw this in trade chat and it made me curious.

"RGB/Arena carries: Season 15 has just started get your boosts today. [Grievous Gladiator: Season 14] done in 1-2 days max. Pst for Skype."
    Is it really that easy to carry someone to gladiator? I've heard of ways to cheat like win-trading and stuff, but damn. It cheapens the whole thing in my mind if someone can just buy gladiator in a day. I assume they only talk to you in Skype so they can discuss ToS-breaking shennanigans like account sharing or something. Or is it a straight up scam?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaprin View Post
    So I haven't set foot in Arena for yeas, and I don't plan on doing so any time soon, but I saw this in trade chat and it made me curious.

Is it really that easy to carry someone to gladiator? I've heard of ways to cheat like win-trading and stuff, but damn. It cheapens the whole thing in my mind if someone can just buy gladiator in a day. I assume they only talk to you in Skype so they can discuss ToS-breaking shennanigans like account sharing or something. Or is it a straight up scam?
    It's real and can be done, but don't expect to pay for cheap! I know on some servers, they charge up to 100k just for the carry.

Deleted

If it seems to good to be true, then it most likely is.

It's not always done with win trading, and it's very very expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If it seems to good to be true, then it most likely is.
    In this case it's not, though I would argue that it "seems to good to be true".

Deleted
    of course you don't play yourself silly

I'm not planning on buying it, I just wanted to know how/if this could be true. I was hoping it wasn't to be honest. I hate how people can just buy the top rewards of this game. 100k isn't even that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    of course you don't play yourself silly
    You can also buy just playing with r1 glad people but of course without any guarantee for high rating or glad.
    Even they can't win 2v3 on high rating...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You can also buy just playing with r1 glad people but of course without any guarantee for high rating or glad.
    Even they can't win 2v3 on high rating...
    ofc you can, you can also fly for some time before you hit the ground, break all your bones and die

I'm not planning on buying it, I just wanted to know how/if this could be true. I was hoping it wasn't to be honest. I hate how people can just buy the top rewards of this game. 100k isn't even that much.
    Agreed, 100k for a carry seems dirt cheap.

Deleted
    Pretty sure its not 100k, they want real money. If you think about it selling archievements etc. for gold happened since wotlk without intervention from blizz.
    They wouldnt need skype if the trade was for gold as that is allowed -they need skype so blizz can't catch them demanding real cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sense someone being rich from doing this.

On my server the price is 50-100g pr. won match, and only paying if you win it. 100.000 gold is quite cheap though, Challenge Mode boosts sells for that amount.

And really, the skype info needed, stop being so paranoid. People communicate through skype for PvP as well, just like Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, RaidCall.

I wonder, do you get a discount if you don't actually get the Gladiator title/achievement? Hehe...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I sense someone being rich from doing this.

On my server the price is 50-100g pr. won match, and only paying if you win it. 100.000 gold is quite cheap though, Challenge Mode boosts sells for that amount.

And really, the skype info needed, stop being so paranoid. People communicate through skype for PvP as well, just like Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Mumble, RaidCall.

I wonder, do you get a discount if you don't actually get the Gladiator title/achievement? Hehe...
    It's not just the Skype that makes me suspect cheating etc. It's the fact that a team with one gimpy player shouldn't be able to win against the top pvp teams.

Glad carries typically cost $500 on the low end lol. The people selling them don't want in game gold.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the person advertising is stating that "Season 15 is just started" and "Season 14 Gladiator" as in, he did get glad title last season.

Getting to gladiator isn't something you get boosted to as Gladiator along with every other title is rewarded at the end of the season, unless they changed things around for the few months I haven't been playing?
    Also, even if you did get boosted to gladiator it's still your job to maintain it as it's given to the top 0.5% at the end of the season?

Boosts in my days were 2.2k+ so you could get your nice weapons or a higher amount of points, then it was kinda up to you to maintain that or just get the gear with saved up arena points

no one boosts you glad for gold.
    we do 2k / 2.2k for gold only.

the r1 players could get you glad in 1 session of playing, but this early in the season there is no point in it. cuz the cutoffs will change.

There's no legit way to do this. You can't possibly get there by playing your own character unless you don't suck.

Also, real money in the hundreds of dollars generally needs to change hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It's real and can be done, but don't expect to pay for cheap! I know on some servers, they charge up to 100k just for the carry.
    for 100k i'm pretty sure that you'd get a group of people who would form a group, take your money and then go offline

yes, people can scam like this. and when they do, no, blizzard won't do shit about it. and if they do, they sure as hell won't recover your losses.

be wary of who you purchase boosts from.

Yes most likely these are "piloted" sales, ie you give them your account and they play it. And you trust them to give it back.

Needless to say it's against the EULA, can get you banned or scammed and is just generally a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    If they are selling it for 100k it is a scam. 100k is nothing, the starting price is around 300-400k assuming you are paying with gold. Most of these services are done via pilots and real-life money.