Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

About the Siege of Orgrimmar 4 upgrades upcoming change

Blizzard recently announced that they'll be increasing the number of upgrades from 2 to 4, meaning that we'll be gaining 8 ilvl. Are our BiS with this change the same as our BiS now? I thought it might change because of extra hit / exp from Gear.

Deleted
    I would be interested in seeing the Assurance of Consequence CD'recovery rates after upgrading.

The extra 8 iLevels will unlikely make radical changes, and at worst would probably need a few reforges and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are already BIS and fully upgraded, this will cost you 7.5 to 8 weeks to upgrade depending on your weapon(s). If you already have 3000 stockpiled then its will take you just over a month to get fully upgraded. This change likely increases the actual "real life" of the patch by 2-3 months. Thats how long I would see myself upgrading my main and all my alts before I feel im out of content again. Very smart move. Should help bump up 2nd and 3rd quarter results some.

only thing it will change (i guess), is for people using garrosh heirlooms. since they got ilvl of 2/2 upgrade and can't be upgraded themself, so other upgrade-able weapons will be a little better with 3/4 and 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    It was already changed. BoA items can also be upgraded
    No, they can't. They'll just automatically be updated to 556/569/582 ilevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance of agi gems getting better than haste for combat? Probably not...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-05-14 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Any chance of agi gems getting better than haste for combat? Probably not...
    The extra 8 ilvls will probably push some over the agi softcap, but you probably won't want to fully gem away from haste.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure AOC won't go past 50% reduction.

trinket_cd_reducer_value = 0.0098999999 / 100 * self.tools.get_random_prop_point(588, epic)
    trinket_cd_reducer_value = 0.0098999999 / 100 * 5481
    0.54261899451 -> 54.26% at ilvl 588.

It's 50.36% at ilvl 580, if I remember all this right.

Deleted
    Someone in my guild last night was calculating the AoC recovery rate at 588 ilvl and got a value of 53.98.... can't remember the exact value but he got this from comparing the increase in recovery rate per ilvl of the lower ilvl AoCs in comparison to the next highest level of AoC. Either way we can assume it's 54 +- 0.5 %. Extremely minor difference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoydberg View Post
    Someone in my guild last night was calculating the AoC recovery rate at 588 ilvl and got a value of 53.98.... can't remember the exact value but he got this from comparing the increase in recovery rate per ilvl of the lower ilvl AoCs in comparison to the next highest level of AoC. Either way we can assume it's 54 +- 0.5 %. Extremely minor difference either way.
    The increase in recovery rate per item level increases with item level (and the increase in the increase is proportional to item level). In other words, stats and effects grow exponentially versus item level. Linear extrapolation will underestimate the cd recovery rate.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-05-15 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Linear extrapolation will underestimate the cd recovery rate.
    It wasn't a linear extrapolation, he was comparing the average increase per ilvl upgrade of a flex AoC in comparison to a normal AoC and so on up to HCWF AoC to attempt to find the value that way, regardless it's <1s so makes next to no difference

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember which was the override command to scale ilvl at simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are already BIS and fully upgraded, this will cost you 7.5 to 8 weeks to upgrade depending on your weapon(s). If you already have 3000 stockpiled then its will take you just over a month to get fully upgraded. This change likely increases the actual "real life" of the patch by 2-3 months. Thats how long I would see myself upgrading my main and all my alts before I feel im out of content again. Very smart move. Should help bump up 2nd and 3rd quarter results some.
    Uh.....unlikely. It might keep some of the people sitting on the fence about whether or not to unsub for the rest of the xpac, but its hardly: OMG, they put in 8 ilvls on teh gearz, I must resub right away to keep doing the same stuff I unsubbed for in the first place!

Deleted
    It might keep some of the people sitting on the fence about whether or not to unsub for the rest of the xpac
    Many people are on the fence atm though and even if these people stay subbed for 2-3 more months it still means hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stick to rogue discussion in the rogue forums. There's a General Discussion forum with plenty of conversation about the impact this has on the life of the game.

-Kael

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Anyone remember which was the override command to scale ilvl at simcraft?
    If you extrapolate all the stat increases, I found that it is about a 35k upgrade for my 578 ilvl just from stats. This does not include weapon dps or trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoydberg View Post
    It wasn't a linear extrapolation, he was comparing the average increase per ilvl upgrade of a flex AoC in comparison to a normal AoC and so on up to HCWF AoC to attempt to find the value that way, regardless it's <1s so makes next to no difference
    That's linear extrapolation (or quadratic, if I am reading it right). Although if you take the logarithm of the cd reduction factor it becomes a linear extrapolation. The difference between a heroic AoC and a normal AoC (13 ilevel) is bigger than the difference between a normal AoC and a flex AoC (13 ilevel). I get the same number as Pathal up to the same 4 significant figures he posted.

Incidentally, the MS chance of haromm's will be 19.4% at 588.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-05-18 at 08:07 PM.

Every new item you will get, will take you one full week of valor capping o.O retaaarded