Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I often seem to come across people who express the sentiment in the title, and I've always found it pretty obnoxious. Aside from personal taste, when people try to explain why the Horde is better than the Alliance it often just seems to come down to "The Alliance/Humans are racist". Seriously?

The Humans arguably have fair reason for not trusting the Orcs given that they were responsible for two massive wars against the humans whilst possesed by demons (I'll admit im not a lore expert), and aside from that the Horde allows straight up evil people and factions to be members. The Bilgewater Goblins are led by a guy who sold his own people into slavery, the Forsaken and Sylvannas seem to betray or screw over both the Alliance and other members of the Horde regularly, the Blood Elves are all insane magic addicts, blowing up Theramore for no reason, so on and so forth. And lets not forget we just had an entire expansion where the Horde's new Warchief almost unleashed an ancient evil on the world and did all sorts of evil stuff, yet we're not meant to blame the Horde as a whole because it was apparently all entirely Garrosh's fault.

Maybe I've got some stuff wrong, if so tell me, but I can't really see why we get Horde players who act like the Horde are the poor downtrodden underdogs who keep getting oppressed by the mean Alliance.
    First: Fuck the alliance scum bags!
    Second: there so many flaws in your logic ^^
    Bloodelfs had very less to do with the mana bomb wich was mostly Garrosh.
    Ofc lets try the 3rd reich proposal and claim all people that were alive under the führer Garrosh are at fault as he was - lemme tell you what they werent.
    And you Alliance is not so good either. First of all (you know whats coming) Arthas, second who hold the orcs in kzs? right the humans.
    Third: Fuck the alliance.
    4th: And if that all is not enough -> sit back, take a breath and remember its just a GAME where you are supposed to have fun!

I find that I don't dislike the Alliance so much as I dislike some of the faction's more zealous fans. The sort that refuse to acknowledge that whilst the Horde is generally the darker faction that does not mean that the Alliance is without blame. Their continued treatment of the blood elves is particularly awful considering how the blood elves were almost entirely wiped out and betrayed repeatedly by their own allies, some of their own people and pretty much everyone who isn't them.

Other than that? The obsession the lore team have with Varian, Anduin and Jaina makes me terribly bored of the Alliance. I'd love to see more action from the night elves, the worgen and the draenei - yet even when they do something it's at the cost of simply being plot devices to make Jaina, Anduin or Varian look more competent and steal the spotlight.

As a majority horde player I hold my dislike for the Alliance for two reasons.

1. When I originally started playing I found much more friendly/helpful players on Horde. While my first few times trying Alliance (On 3 different servers as well) I was basically targeted by guilds, who would preform malicious pranks on me, then boot me from the guild, or if I asked a simple, horribly noobish, question I would get berated by Alliance jerks who apparently couldn't fathom that not everyone had been playing sense Day1 (2years prior) or had never played an MMO.
    2. Because it's fun to fit the role of Horde vs Alliance in WoW it is not so much real hatred as it is, just having fun with the rivalry I have friends who play alliance and so now even I have alliance.

Those threads are becoming BORING.

Fuck both of them. Tremble before the Scourge.

It's just superficial rivalry. The hate isn't real, even though some people get real passionate about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of young men who are deeply rooted in 'internet culture' play Horde. Because of their psychological background they lack necessary social skills like empathy and awareness and this is reflected in the attitude toward the Alliance that you've experienced.

I play both factions, which is why I regularly fuck myself.
    ( ; , , ; )

10+ Year Old Account
    It's silly and means little to nothing to me. Friendly jabbing is one thing just out of fun, though if people are going to feel legitimately that heated over a fictional faction, well... Maybe they need to get out just a tiny bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    the Blood Elves are all insane magic addicts
    Nah-ah... Maybe some of them, but I still want to know where that leaves the non-magic classes. At most I could see them as just "social users" of magic on occasion, to explain that tiny bit that exists for Arcane Torrent. My Rogue, the Warriors and whatnot... hell their eyes should prob be more of a teal color.

Deleted
    Better dead then re...blue. Fuck the alliance.

P.S. my main is a dwarf

Anyone who thinks there is any real difference in players is quite frankly, deluded.

I simply prefer the aesthetics and storyline of Alliance better. Apparently that's enough to make me a lesser human being in some peoples' eyes, but if they're that emotionally invested in a video game, that's not my problem.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Alliance suck in BGs, their transportation around Azeroth sucks, and they are most definitely designed to appeal to the immature crowd in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Alliance suck in BGs, their transportation around Azeroth sucks, and they are most definitely designed to appeal to the immature crowd in the game.
    Well, you got two thirds right.
    I'll just let you know that in general, angsty/dark/evil/bad/bloodthirsty/savage appeals a lot more to kids and young teenagers than things like honor/loyalty/righteousness, abiding by the rules, mercy, etc.

Anyone who thinks there is any real difference in players is quite frankly, deluded.

I simply prefer the aesthetics and storyline of Alliance better. Apparently that's enough to make me a lesser human being in some peoples' eyes, but if they're that emotionally invested in a video game, that's not my problem.
    If you don't think there is a significant difference in the playerbase of the two factions, you aren't paying attention.
    The fact that you picked one of two different options alone means that you made a choice based on your own values--You prefer the aesthetics and storyline of the Alliance, that means you're the type of person who prefers that. The type of people who dislike that and prefer the Horde aesthetics and storylines are quite different people.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2014-05-14 at 09:35 PM.

Most of the Horde is comprised of 12 year olds... what do you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    This is the Internet, if something like that bothers you you're in for lots of pain and suffering.
    Couldn't have said it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Most of the Horde is comprised of 12 year olds... what do you expect?
    Its a good thing Totle has data on the age groups of millions of players all over the world, without him we would have no idea how old Horde players are!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find me eyes, they rolled out of my head.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old saying goes, "For the Horde!" because we're the master faction. "For the Alliance!" just doesn't fit and sounds like an inferior faction would say it... Oh wait it's because they are!

Join the Horde side and we have cookies just for you.
    Hey everyone

I can only offer my personal experiences. I have never seen Alliance players physically and verbally assaulting Horde players, but as an Alliance player, I have experienced it on more the one occasion. At Blizzcon 2010, I was harassed and threatened with physical violence all because I was wearing pro-Alliance gear. The so-called security at Blizzcon did nothing and neither did the con workers when I informed them. Walking back to the hotel on Friday night after the panels, I had some asshats throw a plastic cup of soda on me from their car yelling "Fuck the Alliance" and "For the Horde" and neither the Convention Center, Blizzard nor the Anaheim police department did anything (beyond taking my statement and acting like I was a loser).

I have been yelled at in parking lots of stores and at other conventions all for wearing an Alliance shirt. It is so bad I do not wear them in public any longer. But what kind of behavior do you expect from the fans of the villains who are so deluded that they think they are not evil. These are the same kind of broken people who think serial killers are rock stars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    First: Fuck the alliance scum bags!
    Second: there so many flaws in your logic ^^
    Bloodelfs had very less to do with the mana bomb wich was mostly Garrosh.
    Ofc lets try the 3rd reich proposal and claim all people that were alive under the führer Garrosh are at fault as he was - lemme tell you what they werent.
    And you Alliance is not so good either. First of all (you know whats coming) Arthas, second who hold the orcs in kzs? right the humans.
    Third: Fuck the alliance.
    4th: And if that all is not enough -> sit back, take a breath and remember its just a GAME where you are supposed to have fun!
    Thanks for proving the mental capacity of the typical Horde fan. First, learn to spell. Most browsers have built in spell checking so there is no excuse for you spelling worse than a kindergartner. Second, you are so blinded by your Horde fanaticism that you fail to see any truth but what you make up. The only one with flawed logic in that post is is you. Comparing Garrosh to Hitler is a legitimate comparison if you understand anything at all about history. You claim the Alliance is 'not so good' and then point out that the humans imprisoned Orcs. The same demon corrupted orcs who invaded from another planet via a magic portal for the express purpose of conquering and killing all the existing races on Azeroth. The humans granted them a kindness rather than to stoop to the bloodthirsty orcs level and slaughtering all of them.

The post you responded to is correct. There is nothing redeeming about any Horde race save the Tauren (who are just too honorable for the their own good). Orcs are bloodthirsty invaders from another place who do not belong on Azeroth. Blood elves were until recently, magic vampires who would do anything for power. Trolls are vicious savages who think its ok to eat other sentient beings. Undead need not be explained. If you cant see why they are evil you are more damaged that I thought and should get some serious professional help.

Lastly, the irony is so strong in your post. You tell the poster to sit back, take a breath and remember its a game. And yet, you open with profanity at the other side... who needs to not take it so seriously again?

I swear. Horde players are as fanatical as those same misguided souls who thinks its ok to blow themselves and everyone around them up for some virgins in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Fuck (If Horde: Alliance)(If Alliance: Horde). They're gay losers. Why do you care what they say or think? They exist to be our beating bags, nothing more.
    Fixed

Seriously though, who cares? Both factions are the same in terms of player base. No one side is more mature than the other and each side thinks the other is a bunch of idiots who are immature losers. That is... IF they even care

The whole "faction war" crap is really forced these days anyway. I rarely ever see anyone spouting crap like this anymore.

I wish they'd loosen the barriers a little but no such luck. After so long I think it'd be cool to be able to do a small amount of certain content with cross-faction friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least on this forum, Alliance does the majority of the whining.