Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    Thanks Zoulis for the quick response! I am snap-shotting, but im not actually sure if it's actually working with the current setup i have done on the Affdots! Since im pretty new to it, i actually "re-apply" dots when i target the mob, it has the blue colour on it and sometimes when it has the green colour, but im not sure if it's right or wrong. Can you link you're profile, so i can download it. Because it seems mine aint working correctly.
    I literally have no idea how to do it :P try redownloading it and set it again. It's really easy to set up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

There is a post in howtopriest that explain what the color of the bar means.

I found one of the post http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3950

Hi all!

Can u please help our shadow priest and point what is he doing wrong?
    and for other DPS too if u can =)

logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/AVgK9mtv42kJGfQR

armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/ru/character/%D1%8F%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B8-%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%81/%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BD/simple

Thanks!
    Last edited by razielkdm92; 2014-04-17 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razielkdm92 View Post
    Hi all!

Can u please help our shadow priest and point what is he doing wrong?
    and for other DPS too if u can =)

logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/AVgK9mtv42kJGfQR

armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/ru/character/%D1%8F%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B8-%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%81/%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BD/simple

Thanks!
    Dear me... All this russian text :P
    So on his gear: Gemming int/spirit is bad. Blue sockets should be Haste/Spirit if he needs to gem for the hit cap. Rest seems fine.
    On logs.. I somehow managed to find out which one was the juggernaut log, so i'll just comment on that:
    He had 27 Mind Blasts (with 9 DI proccs) in a 230sec fight which means he prolly missed 6 DI proccs since as far as I can see from warcraft logs none of them overlapped. It could've overlapped with the CD of Mind Blast though. Even if it didn't, it's pretty good, he should just strive for perfection and get every single Mind Blast right on CD.
    His VT uptime was decent , could've been higher though.
    I see 6 halos with a really low dmg outpout which probably means he's not using it at the perfect distance, he should always aim for a 25yrd Halo, it's worth it to wait with it till you get into the correct position. Using it in suboptimal range is a pretty big dps loss.

I can't see anything else other than that, though it could be because of all the russian text :P
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Dear me
    Thx for help! I will tell this to priest =)
    Is there any way if i can make logs on eng? Aside from using EU client.

Quote Originally Posted by razielkdm92 View Post
    Thx for help! I will tell this to priest =)
    Is there any way if i can make logs on eng? Aside from using EU client.
    I have no idea :P Maybe you could give some guidelines in your post or sth :P Other than that I really have no idea :P
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Hey fellow priests!

So I've been playing my priest every now and then, and slowly it's got so geared to the stage where I feel I should minmax my play as well. I'm playing to a level I feel is adequate, but as I haven't put down the same effort into researching the playstyle as I have on my Warlock, I'm very confident there's a lot of tips and tricks I don't know about.

My current focus is having a very high uptime on both of my dots, as well as applying MB -asap- when DI procs, and using MF:I for the full 8 sec duration. To do this, I sometimes pro-actively refresh my VT/SW:P between the 2nd and 3rd orb if I see their duration will be less than 8s after blowing my 3rd MB. I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do or not, as it sometimes leaves me refreshing VT at 6 sec left.

I was able to log a flex run I did, and put in a lot of focus on performing well on Iron Juggernaut. Any mistakes I do there is related to my understanding of the gameplay, as I felt I played quite well there (ie. not related to disconnects, lack of focus etc). Please take a look at this Iron Juggernaut kill and let me know if there is something I can do to improve.

tl;dr
    Log
    Armory
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Alarinth

The gearing on your spriest looks good You could either drop haste down to the 14k4 breakpoints, or you could push for the 18k2 haste soft-cap: neither are definitively better than the other, it's mostly a matter of feel. I enjoy 18k2 normally, but lately have been playing around the 14k4 breakpoint and it's probably a little easier to execute overall I'd say (because it goes slower). Sitting somewhere in between isn't terrible though, because haste remains a strong stat regardless - but if you really wanted to min max, you would gain more out of one or the other.

Juggernaut can be a pretty random fight - despite being a single target encounter. It depends on whether your group stays in or runs out (though it's flex, so you stayed in) - sawblades whack you around, things make you run out / away, etc. Anyway, that disclaimer aside - did you start with 2 orbs?

It's actually sometimes hard to test the success of keeping Mind Blast on cooldown when using DI because the procs interrupt the cooldown. So it looks decent. Given the length of the fight you could have got 36 mind blast casts in, +21 Divine Insight procs = 57 (truncated) Mind Blasts in the fight duration, but of course that's unfortunately not how DI procs work ><

What I can tell you is that, given the number of DP's you landed (16) you averaged just 5 seconds of Insanity per DP - which is low. That could be for any number of reasons, you had to move, DI procced, Death came up - etc - but ideally it should be higher - so that is something you could focus on improving

The other thing I noticed is that it looks like you lost about 4 deaths over the course of the execute phase, those should be pretty high up the priority chain and instant cast, so make sure you get getting those every time they are up, ASAP

For a better analysis of your performance though, you could control some of the randomness by giving a parse that doesn't use Divine Insight (try TOF), and on a fight with less movement if possible (ie. Malkorok).

Hope that helps, and post a ToF+Insanity+Malkorok kill if you want, that will make for a pretty good control for your performance rather than proc randomness and encounter randomness
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Judging from the burst in the beginning that was most likely a 0 orb opener.
    After galakras you can run over to a farm to the left of the path to IJ and kill some cows/boars for orbs. Welcome to Shadow Priest where killing critters or not severely affects your DPS :P

To add a few things to Yvaelle's post:
    I guess you're snapshotting right? Seeing how your main is a lock :P Just making sure :P
    Yes re-applying VT and SW:P before the 3rd Mind Blast if they have less than 8secs left is the way to go in most situations. Depends on how strong your current DoTs on the target are though since you'd rather have a DoT fall off for 2-3secs if it's, e.g 60% better than the one you'd apply if you redoted before the 3rd mind blast.

Also a nice way to count MB casts with DI is looking at the effective time between MBs. Normaly ,not playing DI, you'd have 1 MB per 9.5s (taking into account CD + Cast + player reaction), with DI you'd look for much lower time between MB casts. 7-7.5 is pretty good anything below that is freaking amazing :P Yours is around 7.2 which is pretty good.

On your gear:
    You really should pick one of the two breakpoints. Any extra haste or "inbetween" haste loses alot of value in comparison to other stats.
    Seeing how you've gemmed and reforged haste into everything, while having no small set bonuses you could ignore and having only 1 reforge you can change to haste, which will still have you 500 haste away from 18.215 I think it would be better for you to go 14.873 for now and should you want to go 18215, do that when you have better itemized gear
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-05-07 at 04:46 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

7+ Year Old Account
    Item Level574
    Expectations:To do DMG appropriate to to my gear AKA to not to be a raid burden. I have been playing Spriest for years, but only recently started to be aware about my best possible performance. According to sims I have been doing sub par dps which especially shows on single target fights (Malkorok). Did loads of theory on shadow but I still seem to miss something. Please help.
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Rictusgrin/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mw4sta0pwh11cajk/details/1/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oqan5s3fmpdraogq/details/5/
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2014-05-17 at 04:01 PM.

Your gear is troubling me... You should get up to 14877 haste... It's really weird that you can't hit that number w/o losing any set bonuses with 574 gear ... I'd advise that you go for the 14877 cap... From some fast calculations and just by switching out gems you'd gain 640 haste for a loss of 380 intellect ( 320haste on staff, boots and cloak and switching the purple gem on your head for a haste/spirit green one) since 1haste up to a break point equals more or less to 0.7 Int it's a worthy trade. There might be an even better way to get to it with even less loss that I can't see right now. ( you could use ask mr. robot to find out what the best way to get to the cap is but make sure to use the right variables and to judge for yourself if what it presents you with is worth it )

That's on your gear. Now on the malkorok log:
    Your Mind Blasts seem fine. You're 1 Mind Blast off perfect but malkorok can decide to shit on your Mind Blasts whenever he pleases.
    Your DoT uptime is pretty good, VT could be abit better.

And now the real culprit: MFI dmg ... Your MFI damage is far too low, this ( taking fight mechanics out of the equation ) can happen because you're not planning your DoT uptime correctly and your DoTs end up falling off after your 3rd Mind Blasts... Where as it seems you're redoting so you're missing MFI dmg... Or you're clipping MFI for more spells other than Mind Blast and SW which shouldn't happen, only clip MFI for MB and SW nothing else.

So you should start planning ahead after your 2nd Mind Blast... If your dots are going to have less than 8 secs left after you finish your upcoming Mind Blast cast, you have to ask yourself if they are strong enough that you should let em tick their whole duration and maybe miss a couple of seconds ( which dmg would've been covered and exceeded by the power of the prior dots ) or if you need to recast them before your Mind Blast to keep em ticking while you're turreting the boss down. And you need to be careful of the bosses abilities so you can plan your movement and casts according to when you'll have 3 orbs so you can safely channel for the whole duration of DP.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-05-17 at 05:01 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok seems clear enough. What with multiple separated targets scenario, when 3 orbs plague is ready, should I still prio it followed by insanity or maybe delay it trying to upkeep dots on everyone? Also gear question - Im currently sporting Hc toxic totem, would it be better to use normal black blood considering Im not too shabby with snapshoting (also considering mentioned haste breakpoint)?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2014-05-17 at 05:02 PM.

Well a perfectly played normal BBoY is 30 dps below a hc totem. A wf BBoY is like 30 above.

I think a HC totem is a better pick than normal BBoY even if you need to sacrifice 380int to get to your haste cap atm. But if you'd rather play with BBoY, if you're good at it you won't really see a difference.

On multiple separated target fights: You prio DP + MFI over multidoting, you just plan ahead as much as you can to have all your dots rolling, by giving mind flay even lower priority than it normaly has:P
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-05-17 at 08:31 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Also gear question - Im currently sporting Hc toxic totem, would it be better to use normal black blood considering Im not too shabby with snapshoting
    Playing perfection (which no one does) they're similar. Not playing perfection/screwed by RNG gods H Totem >> BBoY. Totem also has the sweet benefit of allowing you to swap it with Frenzied Crystal for e.g. Galakras or Spoils without having to reforge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the answers. Currently struggling to bring my mastery and crit to 1:1, but Im 2k off, guess I should keep more attention to gearing up .
    Another question for you - how good our 4 set bonus is? Is it worth to break it with replacing normal tiers shoulders with hc Shoulderpads of Pulsing Protection/hc Ichor-Dripping Shoulderpads?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. Currently struggling to bring my mastery and crit to 1:1, but Im 2k off, guess I should keep more attention to gearing up .
    Another question for you - how good our 4 set bonus is? Is it worth to break it with replacing normal tiers shoulders with hc Shoulderpads of Pulsing Protection/hc Ichor-Dripping Shoulderpads?
    4pc is quite strong, you'd need to go from normal tier to H-WF on both off pieces for it to be worth dropping.

Hi again priests, I return! Thanks so much for your help the last time I posted here, good to be pointed in the right direction.

So I made some adjustments to my gear since last time I wrote a post in here, and as a result I now have a setup with 553 bboy (and heroic shoulders) and 18.3k haste, and one with 574 ktt (and normal shoulders) and 14.9k haste. The reason I swap around the shoulders is that I am stuck on 16.7% hit in the ktt setup unless I downgrade to 561 ones. I've been trying both, but I don't know if I can attribute the difference to the setup or to playstyle difference, so I thought I'd drop some logs and a video if anyone cares to look through it. I'm basically wondering if there's things I should change around, or if it looks like I have some discrepancies in my understanding of the specs workings.

To clarify my intent here, I don't know if I am performing good or bad because I only do pickup raiding on my priest. Hence what I compare myself to is of variable quality and doesn't serve as any kind of benchmark. I don't want to become complacent cause I don't have a stable environment, as I want to commit to raiding at a good level on my priest as well as my warlock at some point.

Armory: Alabro
    Log 1: Galakras 10H
    Log 2: Sha Of Pride 10H
    VOD 1: Galakras 10H
    VOD 2: Sha of Pride 10H
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-05-28 at 09:45 AM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Thing is that even though the DPS between the two breakpoints is more or less the same in the grand spectrum of things, the two breakpoints have their own fights to shine. DP + 3 pulls ahead on pure single target and 18.215 pulls ahead in the rest of the fights. So if you really want to see the difference you should check both of them on the same boss or the same type of boss fight.

I don't like looking at galakras logs since the fight is annoying and doesn't really show much, the different things you can do on galakras are fight dependent and do not depend on your class knowledge. You were 5 MBs off on your sha log but getting ported can fuck everything up :P ( Did you get ported? )
    Other than that I feel like your MFI damage is abit low, you had 2 MFI casts per DP you should be able to get atleast 1 more per DP, maybe even 2 more. Though since this is at 14.873 haste ( Judging from the info you gave us and seeing you had totem on ) MB can interfere with that, still you could work on it abit Still sha is another weird fight with the buff going on and so on. A malkorok log would be perfect, if possible for both gear sets (which I understand would take 2 weeks :P )

EDIT: Just watched your Sha of Pride kill. You really need to plan ahead on when to use DP. As long as you don't delay your next Mind Blast you don't need to pump DP onto the boss right when you hit 3 orbs. Especially with 14.873 haste where you'd have to MB during DP anyway. You threw atleast 4 DPs on which you didn't get to MFI at all ( Not counting the ones on the add ) because of prison, movement or target switching needed. That's something you really need to work on since the DPS loss is huge. The better you master DP timing and predicting your movement the better results you'll see. It's the same thing as looking ahead into recasting or not the dots before DP. Just with movement during it's uptime :P Ofcourse getting 100% MFI uptime while DP is active is probably unachievable in most fights, the higher the uptime the better.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-05-28 at 12:25 PM.
    Zoulr of Hexagon

How do you calculate the MFI cast per DP?