Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    All my tracking is done with WeakAuras
    can you post code for Rune of Power buff?

Rune of Power buff :

Code:
    dmu3faakK0PavRsjYRejnlc4wOGDHI6xeKggsCmKAzIkpdumnrvxtG2MsQVjsnoc05qHwNQu09uIsheKQfQeEOQu1fvLs2Oa6JeuDsuKvka3uvk1ofLFQkvgQQuyPeuEkPPsOVQevnwqsNfKYCbjSxQ)QQAWeDyGfRK8yfMSGUSuBgeFweJwv50kA1krLxRefZgQBRk2Tq)gYWrPJds0Yr8CvMUKRRuBxK47GsJNG48Qs2pQ20w0kWIUSEwZXmfMdA9XAO1qlA917Ga56Ybk46GbHbM15sZy68WKMMrdHH8RTUVweHW1K1RSwKzsstSO1JTXyMcTstVMcDERrWtFw0z0wzkMcck3nXL191VhTJLxyDF9)X2ymtHEH1X(k0Z)3mSTwZNo0kKngFdq0lCz9RNjFLZcsXkgbcTO191)dm4oVWkbHBlA9zJRPfD5Y6(6)yNst8kRfa3XYz0PTUV(Va4owEH1JThw06nJj42z0wF24AArNr7fUCzDGb3zrR3mMGBRVn0f(B5YLvsNmrrXxST15afTcIZhqnrrlA9kaPSO1bcJicZbkyAgdMBDq6G5xNJX8WWOHWqqySoqyer4oJI1bcJiIVyBRSB81VhHreR7R)himI4vwhimISWbMgM8PPKxqbPaJGRttVM2qyiyARdegrGUZODz9bmJw06aHreH5mAR3aGBH4mARam7hq8fBB9kcyM8vwhimISWz0whimIiCNrBfGz)abUJdRKU2Kixczhh1efPYsqjK(ob4YRaKsaUmSXfaopaUKljDTjrU8kaP4Yu5sQSeucPVJlxIldBCbGZdOJHw3x)dWSFaVY6na4w8fBBLDJV26na4(LZOTcWSFaNrX6aHreO7mARVCgfRcXzuSYs6RlRam7h4n24RTgUjGAIIwPWmJwVba3bUJdRKU2Kixczhh1efPYsqjK(ob4YRaKcQcWLxbif0eGlVba3qvaU8gaCdn48a4sUeJgamxcIj4MlxwUKklbLq674YL4YCC5sC5dO(yMDcNlzGlP(aQpMzNCPq5YCW5bWLCjPRnjYLxbifu5Yu5sQuP(aQpMVzKkiMGB4CzQCjnCHMdoxUexs9gaCdvUKbUKgoCb4YRaKcACzQCjvQuFa1hZ3msfetWnCUmvUKgUqZbNlxIlPEdaUHgxYaxsdhopGogYdWkbvGQDgfR7R)Vba3EL1Wnbutu8VEX2wjnguZuAxwHmJZ7ZIwzj91L1eccwxUScg1efplA9kaPSO1q0FcgbRxznbJG9hcb80wx(gSmqFta3BYumfeuUBI1q0)yFf6XRSMGrW(dg1efTEFiyDzfYmoVplAne9p2xHE8kxUSgoVLBhh1mL2lSc2fYRSccdN1efb4)ImtsAYzrxwNHwf2o2wHqapTweqbCwqRWodRpNfKI14(rKmtsAY5mARc5DqGCD5adsHgM0mkiL0RfmhDoAAdHH85Tgopwm4ftdu0ktXQjqaJgkyAGIhuCSng))as6FYo2iiSiyBI1bcHdrWg9cxwtXz05PP4Yg
    When it's not there (bounce + glow)

Code:
    die4gaGiuf9jubmkuP6uOsAwsYTqfXUqfQHjv6yeyzsq9mvfnnPIRPQQTjH6BOI04qLY5KaToub17uv5EsuhevLfIQQhQQWerfsxevHnIkkFevGojQsRukZeviUPeGDcc)ucYsvvYtvzQsvxvvP2kQG8vjGMlQOAVi)LGgm0HjAXGOhdQjRkxMYMj0NbPrtL60K8AjKzl42sQDd8BugovSCHEoPMUORtvBxI47sKgpQeNNkz)ktcOE6QP7r3J6PJlfsuuBjXz)7(PGp52)ofxSaUj4VGcsICsNo05QqIIAljoJBf8ZI5wNcxWcl4Fho9Zp)tICsNIPlJkOqTi1tNM5JWMhOs6CcsxwKoTJfcqiRn64bWIqv2WNnmWbuGsyWY08r6sxogDWEDYQPd2RtwTq3QNrxQQThDWEDYQfMUCm60Pm9A6Ssmqs3hSAiL5qocdkDEGvIbs6svT9Ot7H0kXa55ffvCHoH899x8j8lEuafIdXdokDETju7yHaeYAJ4NoRedKA6(gcE7fY33FXhDETjuZ8ryZdujXpDWUn4IOZ78KPrhSxNSA6e9a4uXaCNRRnC4WHbgSmmu9BTHdhomWGLHHImp4nS8qrzqB)wB4WHdfzXHQHLh2TQt3Hp2AdhoC4WHdhgyWYWqGS2QggLGIQgQGzGQHWmpiRg(mi9II9UCSQHpFuMkgOAOXfhvuMkgOxvBvd9av(HuNwSAOsFPjdsidw1qTBMp8(Gb0SG6jtRAO2XcbEFdlp8BGk5ZhLCNNobPllYZkfx)T2WHdhoC4WHkXHAhle49nSC5HceuCxbDgMUnWqrMh8gwEyg92VHg4T2WHdhAG3AdhoCy0sFemeWYHImp49Bnd8wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wBT1wJorFiOHLaIFkPZTPG6oji(3LUat(OE68AtiCqQ1e)0fzbJ6PR2hsf1tjL0LYGbsccbCkDETjeMvdPmj(Pdoi1AQNoTcany0va8Xb5bL051MWugmqs8tjDrdQIb6D5y0PGza6K(KrqsNhKrfuOwK6Pd2RtwnDIEaCQyaUZ11goC4WadwggQ(T2WHdhgyWYWqrMh8gwEOOmOTFRnC4WHIS4q1WYd7w1P7WhBTHdhoC4WHddmyzyiqwBvdJsqrvdvWmq1qyMhKvdFgKErXExow1WNpktfdun04IJkktfd0RQTQHEGk)qQtlwnuPV0KbjKbRAO2nZhEFWaAwq9KPvnu7yHaVVHLh(nqL85JsUZtNG0Lf5zLIR)wB4WHdhoC4qL4qTJfc8(gwU8qbckURGodt3gyOiZdEdlpmJE73qd8wB4WHdnWBTHdhomAPpcgkY8G3V1mWJs6KVNkvmGmimJkOqTOM6PKoXOS2UmktjbXF6kv9s3ee)7sN6r3xEGnubZagDs4uXaAQNoDkJj1t3JjeAGvkXpDqdSsfkHtfdqN2nRu6GgyLkumkRn6kqtweF(OuZH)YdSHkygWOKs6a(6(OckulQjieq3Z0Y0hLPr8tNeOQLPIbOE60PmMupDPlhJoNOPTKoNOPTKoT7OcueL0vlvaQNU0LJrNt00wsNt00wshKmpa2OKorfqPDt90LUCm6CIM2s6CIM2s60UJkqrusjDpL2jiDXlmdqhVG0IIsyJZ5fMb0CU2XcbH1sOMWOhymrhwPwKs600vyoUlh)NUsiie0rqxkjca
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-05-19 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    I cant import your code : Error decompressing: Decompression error at 192/1293

Quote Originally Posted by bl1zzaga View Post
    I cant import your code : Error decompressing: Decompression error at 192/1293
    Try again, the quote tag added line breaks

Araitik, have you tried soloing Feng or Spirit Kings as Fire, possibly? Kiting, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Araitik, have you tried soloing Feng or Spirit Kings as Fire, possibly? Kiting, yay!
    Even if you can kite them there's still damage going on.

Deleted
    Some things I've found useful for soloing:

1) Araitik mentioned that some bosses can only be completed by Frost because you need a pet.
    This is basically true, though bear in mind there is a trinket called Terracotta Fragment which has
    >800K health which can be somewhat useful in certain situations. This is not really an adequate
    substitute for the water elemental as its impractical to heal, but it can make all the difference in
    specific encounters.

2) Your Ice Barrier uses snapshotting, ie whatever your stats were when it was cast determines
    its value. It is purely determined by spellpower, so pre-pull you can use a gear set with artificially
    inflated intellect to maximize absorbence. The 30K or so extra in absorbence can be decisive.

3) Be aware that you can get back to back POM's by pre-casting POM and alter time, then waiting
    for the timer to run down. The extra pyro or whatever can push you over the edge on a close fight.

4) Potions can be extended by imbibing a potion and logging out, then relogging. The effect doesn't
    run down any more after you've logged out but the potion timer will reset, so you can get back to
    back effects.

5) It is possible to activate an on-use trinket, use alter time, switch trinkets, then recover the on-use
    effect even though you'd normally lose it by switching. This is a notable dps burst increase.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2014-05-22 at 11:47 PM.

I officially hate Alizabal.

Video soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Some things I've found useful for soloing:

1) Araitik mentioned that some bosses can only be completed by Frost because you need a pet.
    This is basically true, though bear in mind there is a trinket called Terracotta Fragment which has
    >800K health which can be somewhat useful in certain situations. This is not really an adequate
    substitute for the water elemental as its impractical to heal, but it can make all the difference in
    specific encounters.
    Keep this in mind :
    - Losing a trinket slot is not trivial. Currently, a Juggernaut Focusing Crystal is almost always required, means you have to drop PBoI for a trinket with no stats at all.
    - The pet itself cannot be healed (by a Mage), while Frost pet can.
    - If I remember correctly, the pet does not taunt raid bosses.
    - The pet can take critical blows.

As advanta said, it can make a difference in very specific encounters, but I have yet to find which. Still good to have that option though, better than nothing.

2) Your Ice Barrier uses snapshotting, ie whatever your stats were when it was cast determines
    its value. It is purely determined by spellpower, so pre-pull you can use a gear set with artificially
    inflated intellect to maximize absorbence. The 30K or so extra in absorbence can be decisive.
    True, although that would require to have all your stuff twice (like, HC T16 with crit gems + HC T16 with int gems).

3) Be aware that you can get back to back POM's by pre-casting POM and alter time, then waiting
    for the timer to run down. The extra pyro or whatever can push you over the edge on a close fight.
    100% this, I hope every mage knows that

4) Potions can be extended by imbibing a potion and logging out, then relogging. The effect doesn't
    run down any more after you've logged out but the potion timer will reset, so you can get back to
    back effects.
    This is completely new to me, and very interesting. Taking good note of this !

5) It is possible to activate an on-use trinket, use alter time, switch trinkets, then recover the on-use
    effect even though you'd normally lose it by switching. This is a notable dps burst increase.
    I would advise against this, because Alter Time saves your procs (pyro, warming up, potion, etc) too. Plus, existing on-use trinkets are very weak compared to most recent ones, and extending PBoI proc by 6 seconds is way more valuable imho. Also, Alter Time restores your current HP, which is invaluable given our tank capabilities.
    Also, I think most buffs will simply get removed if the trinket is not equipped, AT or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Baradin Hold cleaned in 10man

Enjoy

Deleted
    I officially hate

I would advise against this, because Alter Time saves your procs (pyro, warming up, potion, etc) too. Plus, existing on-use trinkets are very weak compared to most recent ones, and extending PBoI proc by 6 seconds is way more valuable imho. Also, Alter Time restores your current HP, which is invaluable given our tank capabilities.
    Also, I think most buffs will simply get removed if the trinket is not equipped, AT or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Baradin Hold cleaned in 10man

Enjoy

Just subscribed to your channel. Everyone with an interest in this should support Araitik's channel: he is giving
    away very in-depth information that must have taken a long time to accumulate.

The trinket switch thing can be effective encounters, but I mostly agree with your caveats which I would have
    added to the post myself except I was tired.

I forgot the most important tactic I use which I'm guessing few are aware of:

Timewarp. Log out and the debuff on TW runs down, but the effect itself persists through log-outs.

So, before starting a fight, cast TW, log-out. When you log back in you'll have 20 seconds of TW left. and
    you can recast it immediately after those 20 seconds expire. That's a full minute of TW.

Logging out for any length of time will dump you back to the start of the instance, so this is only really
    practical for stuff near the instance entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is everyone doing on Dragon Soul solo? The Cataclysm tab on the google docs is too red!

Also I don't have proof, but I can go do it again-- I cleared all Naxx 25 bosses very easily. Like, stupidly easily. Could turn those green. I don't mind doing them again if you'd like.

I'm going to upgrade my trinket to 588 and give it a go in a few weeks (really ought to upgrade other items first lol). I was able to do 10m heroic Morchok, but had troubles with Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj.

Naxx 25 wasn't too bad. Patchwerk hurts quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    How is everyone doing on Dragon Soul solo? The Cataclysm tab on the google docs is too red!

Also I don't have proof, but I can go do it again-- I cleared all Naxx 25 bosses very easily. Like, stupidly easily. Could turn those green. I don't mind doing them again if you'd like.

I'm going to upgrade my trinket to 588 and give it a go in a few weeks (really ought to upgrade other items first lol). I was able to do 10m heroic Morchok, but had troubles with Zon'ozz and Yor'sahj.
    Yeah I figured Naxx 25 was pretty easy, but I never took the time to go there myself so wasn't sure. Greened everything

About T13, I don't think HC Zon'ozz is possible, because even NM has to be tanked by your pet. The boss deals massive damage, add to that the "ball" damage ...
    My current progress in T13 solo (recorded between December and January) : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4JW-p0_Lq8c1QX

HC Morchok
    HC Yor'sahj
    NM Zon'ozz
    HC Hagara
    NM Blackhorn

Ultraxion and Spine won't probably be soloable for a while, but I should try Madness one of these days.

Deleted
    I feel like Ruby Sanctum is being left out of all the fun.

I know I've soloed 10N and 10H Halion in the days of ToT gear, and the mini-bosses aren't even worth a mention. Will try 25 man later today, but it shouldn't pose too much of an issue once I attune to its mechanics again.

EDIT: 25 man minibosses were no issue, but 25H Halion was far too demanding for my gear level and my reluctance to shed out 2k to go fire, which I have hated for the longest time. 25N Halion was within the realms of possibility and I one shotted it.

EDIT²: Missed Earth, Wind and Fire 25man by like 2 seconds. Definitely possible, same goes for every other watcher solo.
    Someone should try "Earth, Wind, and Frostfire" for extra fun (add Toravon into the party bus).
    Last edited by mmoc13b1d7a50d; 2014-05-23 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadoworx View Post
    I feel like Ruby Sanctum is being left out of all the fun.

I know I've soloed 10N and 10H Halion in the days of ToT gear, and the mini-bosses aren't even worth a mention. Will try 25 man later today, but it shouldn't pose too much of an issue once I attune to its mechanics again.

EDIT: 25 man minibosses were no issue, but 25H Halion was far too demanding for my gear level and my reluctance to shed out 2k to go fire, which I have hated for the longest time. 25N Halion was within the realms of possibility and I one shotted it.

EDIT²: Missed Earth, Wind and Fire 25man by like 2 seconds. Definitely possible, same goes for every other watcher solo.
    Someone should try "Earth, Wind, and Frostfire" for extra fun (add Toravon into the party bus).
    Greened 25M Archavon Vaults and Halion 25N
    I tried Halion 25H yesterday, got him to 40% but he hits really hard. Gonna try to figure something out.

How do you guys manage to solo the 10N Thorim encounter? It hasn't been done by any other class, which is quite surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys manage to solo the 10N Thorim encounter? It hasn't been done by any other class, which is quite surprising.
    Plenty of other classes have soloed that encounter. I just did a youtube search for "solo Thorim" and the first 4 videos were a pally, dk, hunter, and enhancement shaman. It can be done by just about anyone, although pet classes do have it easier.

H25 Halion I would like to see that Araitik!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Plenty of other classes have soloed that encounter. I just did a youtube search for "solo Thorim" and the first 4 videos were a pally, dk, hunter, and enhancement shaman. It can be done by just about anyone, although pet classes do have it easier.
    They've soloed Hard Mode Thorim. What's interesting is that normal mode is also checked, and that isn't doable by anyone else.
    Last edited by Saiyendra; 2014-05-25 at 12:12 AM.

They've soloed Hard Mode Thorim. What's interesting is that normal mode is also checked, and that isn't doable by anyone else.
    Just to be clear : Thorim Normal Mode cannot be soloed, as the only working strategy to solo him atm automatically triggers Hard Mode.
    However, as HM is soloable, NM is too (seems logic) even though you can't do it yet

If that bothers anyone I'll remove it from the Gdoc

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Not normal, it's only doable on hard mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear : Thorim Normal Mode cannot be soloed, as the only working strategy to solo him atm automatically triggers Hard Mode.
    However, as HM is soloable, NM is too (seems logic) even though you can't do it yet

If that bothers anyone I'll remove it from the Gdoc
    I would like to see it removed, as doing normal is impossible as long as noone finds a weird strat that makes it possible.