Quote Originally Posted by voxTree View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too. I hope they don't screw up everything, I've felt that balance was in a great spot rotation-wise this expac, my main issue now is our AOE really.
    I hope they flip everything on it's head. Change is important for intrest, and after cata balance feels a bit stale. I do not think they will break the class completly but i do think that when w/e their doing goes live the average balance druid will suffer as they adjust and this will lead to massive "OMFG BLIZZ BROKE CLASS GG REROLL FU BLIZZ" qq.

I personally look forward to this. I like new stuff and i am excited about the possibilities. I hope it is very different from our current rotation. Not cause our rotation is bad, but cause its is DIFFERENT.

Side note i think Eclipse never fed into the "Balance" druid Mantra as i never felt that i was balancing arcane and nature, rather just going from one to the other; it felt more like a single circle than 2 separate entities that required calculated control. All that said i am sure the changes won't be earthsharing cause lets be honest wow's community frowns at change in general because they don't really understand what it means to go through a learning curve.

All in all Change isn't always good but change is always exciting
    Last edited by Criminalle; 2014-05-22 at 08:35 PM.

I know I am kind of excited to see balance getting some tweaks. I am very curious for what they have planned and how they want us to function going forward. I just hope we don't have to wait too long to start to see these new changes!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I saw that too. I hope they don't screw up everything, I've felt that balance was in a great spot rotation-wise this expac, my main issue now is our AOE really.
    I'm ready for a revamp. At the start of the expansion you were just playing odds, hoping that the spells you cast were the optimal way to go considering starsurge procs (mainly in solar eclipse). Right now we got so many SS procs it doesn't require any thought and you just use it on proc. I'd rather have a system with more active decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Im calling it now.
    They'll make boomy really simple to play! Like they did with ferals.

@Celestalon
    "@Hasp6 Current Balance is hard to learn, easy to master (at least discounting DoT snapshotting). Making some very fundamental changes."

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...72199812362240
    This is odd to me because I feel like boomkin is actually VERY easy to learn, and harder to master (with DoT snapshotting ofc). I don't feel like their is actually anything complicated with the inherent boomkin rotation?

scared and excited for changes as always.

Hard to learn easy to master.. i thought it was the other way around personally lol.

At any rate, if theyd merge out dots together, id be more than happy. they could interchange like hurricane/astral storm... at least thats what id change for boomkin, as our dots feel a bit redundant. That and making starsurge procs not scale as crazy as it does today.

I'm hoping for faster cast times and some better AoE potential that doesn't make me want to throw my computer out the window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criminalle View Post
    All in all Change isn't always good but change is always exciting
    Oh I definitely agree. I'm just a tad worried we'll be changed in a bad way. Blizzard has had a hell of a time balancing (heh) the spec since they began focusing on it in WotLK. Then we had the Cata fiasco where we had to pre-plan Solar Eclipses for all AOE phases on a fight.

I just feel like right now, the balance rotation is fluid and feels right. The only thing that screws it up is AOE/multidotting eating through NG. It would be amazing to see that addressed, I only hope that they don't completely alter us like they did with Warlocks. I'll shoot myself if they bring back the WotLK version of Eclipse again.

Oh I definitely agree. I'm just a tad worried we'll be changed in a bad way. Blizzard has had a hell of a time balancing (heh) the spec since they began focusing on it in WotLK. Then we had the Cata fiasco where we had to pre-plan Solar Eclipses for all AOE phases on a fight.

I just feel like right now, the balance rotation is fluid and feels right. The only thing that screws it up is AOE/multidotting eating through NG. It would be amazing to see that addressed, I only hope that they don't completely alter us like they did with Warlocks. I'll shoot myself if they bring back the WotLK version of Eclipse again.
    I hope they do completely alter us. I can't go another expansion with the same basic rotation and bland clunky AoE. Mix it up a bit, or at least give the option to.

Honestly the only reason we don't have to now is because our AoE is not even close to the level it was in Cata. If it was then we would be expected to, like we were for HC Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Honestly the only reason we don't have to now is because our AoE is not even close to the level it was in Cata. If it was then we would be expected to, like we were for HC Ragnaros.
    Id take Cata playstyle over what we have now any day of the week. Now while it is still better to be in solar, even when we do everything right, our AOE is so piss poor we're better off tunneling the boss. Back in Cata you may have considered it a pain in the ass, but our aoe was exceptional, so it was well worth it imo.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

We'll see. We also need some sort of incentive to use multistrike. Hopefully they can push the notes out today.

Automatic eclipse bar movement... interesting. (It moves on its own, 30s cycle time)
    Also no longer x spells at y% increased damage, but rather gradually shifting damage bonus(i.e. the further the bar goes to one direction, the higher the bonus for those spells gets and the lower the other. At 0, both get half bonus, so no more eclipse free spells).
    Quite a bit of other changes too.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-05-23 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Judging by his comment of hard to learn, but easy to master, I see them merging these and SF/MF. Maybe even adding some other weird spell they come up with to make it harder to master, but simple as hell to get into. (since your abilities would auto swap and that seems pretty dirt easy to learn.)

For a new player to the spec, all you would have to do would be;
    apply single DoT
    Spam your filler (as it's the only thing you CAN hit)
    hit your proc
    it all auto swaps when you get to the other side
    Repeat

Obviously simplified more than the real rotation would be, but that sounds like a simple to get into rotation comparatively to the current one. Mainly because you would be unable to move the eclipse bar the wrong way. (which is probably the biggest problem for these new players they seem to simplify the game for.)
    As a simpleton, I would love this and would main my boomkin again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading about changes as large as these is really difficult. Can't really get a grasp for it until someone (anyone) tests it in game and reports back. Many questions.

starsurge now has three charges
    thank you based god

Sounds to me like they managed to make "hard to learn, easy to master" (comparing to todays "easy to learn, hard to master") but i guess that depends on the level one is playing.

Anyhow, seems like the rotation will be very simple and there wont be that many "tricks" to be done since eclipse bar moves automatically. Difficulty and "hard to master" come in with movement, not because of the rotation

Lots of questions, lots of excitement!

Interested to see a new rotation style and can't wait for Beta and/or streams!

I'm glad they decided to solve the NG and AoE issue altogether with the "fuck this shit" way instead of the "half-arsed band-aids" way :P

Not sure how I feel about the new rotation. I don't really like the sound of it but considering we have no idea of pace or anything we can't really say much now. I feel like the skill cap is dropped somewhat by having Eclipse cycles static but there's little things added here and there such as managing SS charges (you won't want to fire them all together because of the buff to next Wrath/Starfire) which add a bit of complexity..

WTB beta invite.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-05-23 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the new rotation. I don't really like the sound of it but considering we have no idea of pace or anything we can't really say much now. WTB beta invite.
    Im trying to understand this new rotation. My English comprehension sucks, but as far as I can tell its going to be

Hit lunar
    Cast Starfire for 15 seconds
    Hit middle ground
    Cast Wrath for 15 seconds
    Hit Solar
    Continue casting wrath for 15 seconds
    Hit middle
    Cast Starfire
    Hit Lunar

Meanwhile Refreshing dots before each eclipse and after each eclipse. I think?