Thread: reforge

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

reforge

hello, ive seen that everybody says that bm is the best now so ive changed to bm but dont know how to reforge. i use mrrobot for reforging does anyone know the weights for the stats and what stats are best. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't just make a thread like this, when there's a thread right under this one where they talk about BM stats http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...osite-of-5-4-7

Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Haste > Mastery > Crit.
    You forgot Spirit. You need to have high spirits to deal with TED rng

Deleted
    After seeing maybe's data I believe it is mastery>haste>crit or a more evaluated version would be 2 mastery>1agility >= 2 haste > 2.5 crit

Infracted for trolling with misinformation. Deliberately said not to mislead people with info proven to be wrong.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2014-05-23 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah View Post
    After seeing maybe's data I believe it is mastery>haste>crit or a more evaluated version would be 2 mastery>1agility >= 2 haste > 2.5 crit
    Don't listen to this guy @OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah View Post
    What does the number before the stat even mean. 2>1>=2>2.5 wut?
    Acynnie
    Retired Encore Raider
    From BRF to ToV
    YouTube

Deleted
    Haste > Mastery > Crit. If you have low gear and do not own the metagem Crit > Haste > Mastery may come out on top.

Deleted
    To be honest, you'll have all possible answers on this topic, crit/haste/mastery sorted in every possible way. Each stats are really really close to each other.

Here is mine: except if you're trying to score on really high logs, just pick whatever gives you the most agility and reforge h>m>c with basic reforgelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    To be honest, you'll have all possible answers on this topic, crit/haste/mastery sorted in every possible way. Each stats are really really close to each other.

Here is mine: except if you're trying to score on really high logs, just pick whatever gives you the most agility and reforge h>m>c with basic reforgelite.
    The stats aren't -that- close to each other, that'd just be a typical "I don't really know" kinda answer.

The argument of "unless you're going for top parses don't bother with the best reforge" is silly to me. Who wouldn't want to be the best they can be just because they're not ranking?

The stats aren't -that- close to each other, that'd just be a typical "I don't really know" kinda answer.

The argument of "unless you're going for top parses don't bother with the best reforge" is silly to me. Who wouldn't want to be the best they can be just because they're not ranking?
    I think his point is that, while having the best reforge is a constant and definitive increase in someone's final dps. An average player (like me) will want to focus on the things you have a control over first. For pros like you, most attempts damage reports will look alike (on same boss) while for most players, it can fluctuate by insane amounts, I am talking about 20,40%. Sometimes I finish a Garrosh kill with 330k dps, other times with 265k. So while having a good reforge, does indeed increase my dps, if I fuck up so much during an attempt, it will just get me that far ahead of my shitty dps.

But on the other hand, as reforge become so easily done with reforgelite where you can just put down stats weights, you don't waste enough time to make it not worthwhile. Yes, it has very little effect on your output, especially if you aren't very constant on your performance, but since it's so easy, why not have it right and then move to more important stuff.

PS: I feel bad for running with Haste > Crit > Mastery. I guess I should change to Haste > Mastery > Crit. Thanks mathy guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I think his point is that, while having the best reforge is a constant and definitive increase in someone's final dps. An average player (like me) will want to focus on the things you have a control over first. For pros like you, most attempts damage reports will look alike (on same boss) while for most players, it can fluctuate by insane amounts, I am talking about 20,40%. Sometimes I finish a Garrosh kill with 330k dps, other times with 265k. So while having a good reforge, does indeed increase my dps, if I fuck up so much during an attempt, it will just get me that far ahead of my shitty dps.

But on the other hand, as reforge become so easily done with reforgelite where you can just put down stats weights, you don't waste enough time to make it not worthwhile. Yes, it has very little effect on your output, especially if you aren't very constant on your performance, but since it's so easy, why not have it right and then move to more important stuff.

PS: I feel bad for running with Haste > Crit > Mastery. I guess I should change to Haste > Mastery > Crit. Thanks mathy guys!
    You do have control over your reforges, though. It's completely basic stuff to have an optimally set up character.

The logic of "mistakes/bad RNG will outweigh the difference X makes anyway" again doesn't make much sense if you're trying to do your best, and it's a non-effort thing, honestly.

/nod to the rest you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Okays View Post
    Unfortunate for yeah's ban and infraction. His data will pretty well similar to mine. With my BM hunter I was at 388k persistent dps with h > m > c while gemming agility. When I went m > h > c my dps jumped by 12k so I think his data is accurate

Will test gemming mastery and evaluate it on number analyst reports to see if he was correct. The odds of it being a positive damage increase look pretty positive from my statistical calculations but I need to try it myself to be sure.
    Don't listen to this guy either @OP.

Deleted
    You do have control over your reforges, though. It's completely basic stuff to have an optimally set up character.

The logic of "mistakes/bad RNG will outweigh the difference X makes anyway" again doesn't make much sense if you're trying to do your best, and it's a non-effort thing, honestly.
    What I tried to say is: if, as the OP looks like, you don't master every hunter spec, you wont be able to see a big difference between any of those reforge priorities.

I know nobody wouldnt be the best no matter if they try to rank or not, but when you are learning your class I think stat weight is one of the last important thing as a hunter.

What I tried to say is: if, as the OP looks like, you don't master every hunter spec, you wont be able to see a big difference between any of those reforge priorities.

I know nobody wouldnt be the best no matter if they try to rank or not, but when you are learning your class I think stat weight is one of the last important thing as a hunter.
    You won't see a bigger difference if you're a master of the spec? I don't get it. If anything, Haste/Mastery is less skill-dependent because it's your pet doing that damage for you anyway. Crit requires your participation/leet skills moreso.

Deleted
    Ooook, I'll try to say it another way. Let imagine a list of thing you have to do to mastering your hunter:

- never miss a KC
    - always be doing something between KCs
    - use your offensives CD properly
    - understand your talents and which is the best depending on the current boss
    - optimising your gear

Now imagine you can only spend time on working on 3 or maybe 4 of these things. To my mind, your stats balancing is the least interesting aspect.

Deleted
    Ooook, I'll try to say it another way. Let imagine a list of thing you have to do to mastering your hunter:

- never miss a KC
    - optimising your gear

Now imagine you can only spend time on working on 3 or maybe 4 of these things. To my mind, your stats balancing is the least interesting aspect.
    It shouldnt take you more than a few minutes to get the right reforging going by simply changing the values in reforgelite, and if you got little to no idea about what stats you should go for, use another 5 minutes to check the top hunters, and take a look at what they are doing, or use the wonderful thing called Google. You have to do this like ONCE, and then you can go back to improving your rotation. You can always try to improve your mechanics, but thats gonna take a lot more than the 5 - 10 minutes you just spend fixing your reforges.

- never miss a KC
    - optimising your gear

Optimizing your gear happens 100% out of gameplay so you don't actually need to do anything in terms of transferring knowledge into practice ingame which you would for mastering your shot priority or something like that.

Personally optimizing my character fully is something that I take seriously because of that reason. It's the easiest way to increase your DPS that doesn't involve actually optimizing your gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's the easiest way to increase your DPS that doesn't involve actually optimizing your gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    It shouldnt take you more than a few minutes to get the right reforging.
    Go tell this to the hundred of people on this forum that are literally insulting to each other every day to decide which stat' is better, which simcraft is the less wrong, which...

Don't read me wrong, I never said that optimising your character is useless, it's a major part of your general performance in raid (and I personnaly think it's one of the funniest part in WoW). But when it comes to hunters, you only have to know two things to get ~95% of gear potential: agility is king, and h>m>c. And I don't think you would win more trying to optimise those ~5 last % than getting better on any other point I listed before.