Poll: Which aspect do you hate most?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I enjoyed the Isle of Quel'Danas, Argent Tournament, Firelands hub, Dominance/Shieldwall hubs, and Isle of Thunder hubs. I like how each had its own distinct flavor either being a server wide unlock or personal unlock. I absolutely detest Timeless Isle because you spend more time running from event to event hoping to at least tag it then you do enjoying the game and doing the content. It just felt like they threw it together in 10 minutes using reused assets from Jade Forest combined with random mobs from the expansion. Then they tossed in some random loot chests, 2 world bosses and called it a day.

Deleted
    Timeles Isle is (partially) too easy: you can literally get on there without killing a single mob, and loot up to 10 chests in the starting area, giving you a lot of epics to start with (that's what happened to me). However, past that area, mobs get considerably tougher and it's actually challenging and hard to solo - which I like. Still a grindfest, but challenging, so pretty OK.

Still, too many epics drop. I was full epic litteraly 3 days after dinging 90.

Back when I first dinged 70 (admitted, shortly after the expansion hit), it took weeks to even gear up in decent blues from quests and dungeons, before being allowed in on friendly 10man karazhan raids. My first epic was actually epic to obtain.

Looting chests without doing anything should not reward epic quality items in any case, especially not in such ridiculous amounts. Even at the end of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I like the unskippable mobs more.
    But I can run from one side of Timeless Isle to the Other on my ground mount and not get stopped or knocked off once by Mobs.

seems pretty skippable to me.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Read the thread title again.
    Okay, so where's the "because certain people never stop endlessly whining and crying hysterically about how much they hate it" option?

Because seriously. Get over it. Move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its boring bullshit.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

This is a very weird poll.

First I don't know why you put together Timeless Isle and Fireland. These are totally different zones in all aspects.
    Second, your poll is just a set of random hatred-generating issues people had along the Cata and MoP. Can't wee how they are connected.

If you cannot distinguish between the dailies and mob grind, just don't post any polls.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The options given are both vague and subjective at best. I get you did not enjoy these area, I did not enjoy many of them myself. I am going to go from the present backwards.

Timeless Isle is nothing but a mind numbing experience that can be accomplished in a day. The npc's are more challenging than the so called rares. Centering a cloak around having to jump over a bridge (yes, I got mine) to kill a boss was both lame and so not worth doing the entire chain of quests to get. I am also sure those heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh were slated to be the actually legendary, but Blizzard got so much negative feedback and warned not to make it so, so they game a lame cloak that is only good for one patch of content.

The dailies in MoP were not that bad overall. It was the fact that they hid the AC and Shado-pan dailies behind the Golden Lotus, that cause the burnout to begin in the first place. This was completely and utterly stupid to do and they paid dearly for that, so much so people don't want to see dailies in the future content. I still do the Isle of Thunder to this day, I just really enjoy that area. I also enjoyed the concept of everyone having to have apart in opening up the whole island too.

All I will say on the flying is their should be zones where we should have to use ground mounts, but not the entire world as it seem will be for maybe? a short while in WoD, that is still up for debate, apparently Blizzard still needs more flaming feedback to make a decision on something they themselves made a decision on, otherwise they would of never brought the subject up in the first place.

I moved to a pve realm two years ago, I think in all the time a got flagged twice, both were on TI and a result of one of those people already flagged was attacking the rares on the island.

Too easy for whom, made for the decently to uberly skilled people , most definitely. For those that just play from time to time or have little desire to play the class as intended, probably not.

Well farming is pretty much the name of this game, in every aspect you are farming for something. Gear, points, rep, minerals, whatever, that is the name of the game. Dailies are not the only thing people use to farm. Oh, I forgot Blizzard's latest craze endless coin and bone farming.

Should Blizzard make places that constantly change every time you go in, I think that it would be cool for it to be Diablo like in that regard. It would make for a more interactive and compelling content. the question is can they do something like that in WoW, I do think give some of the older stuff in this game and how it was designed would lend to that being a viable option now. They would have to do that when the create another game, which should have happened by now.

Instead of constantly going back and try to fix stuff the breaks every time you update the engine for the current content. Had they just put out a new game, without all the bad stuff in WoW they could of had a more dynamic and compelling, as well as a extremely interactive game now.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2014-05-06 at 03:33 PM.

Quel'Denas: fun at first, got old very quickly due to repetitive nature

Firelands: more longevity due to multiple quest hubs with their own random pool of quests but still got tedious and repetitive rather fast since the pools of random quests were so small

Krasarang Wilds: more randomness which is good but again, too small a pool of quests to be selected from made it get old fast. however the questchain progressing every few days of dailies helped reduce some of the tedium and provide some motivation beyond "exalted yay"

Isle of Thunder: probably the best yet, although that's not saying much. random hubs with random quests means it takes longer to get bored of it and having a few rares helps break the tedium now and then

Isle of Giants: grind grind grind grind grind. boring. but since it was released at the same time as Isle of Thunder provides a good alternative for those players who prefer the grinding approach (I've never met any who do but there probably are some)

Timeless Isle: probably the worst yet. very few quests making it just a case of endless grinding. 'rare' spawns are a nice idea poorly done, on low pop servers some are unkillable due to lack of people and on high pop they die too fast for most people to reach them in time to tag. there's very few which can be soloed by any class/role. as for the few quests that there are, only the lore trivia quest is random (and if you fail you can just keep trying which is just silly) the rest are static so yay more tedious repetition. on top of that one of those tedious repeatable quests gives you an item you have to use in a raid but if you forget when you're actually raiding (assuming you even do) you have to find someone willing and able to make a raid group with you so you can go to the raid, use the item and then leave and fly all the way back to the island again to do more tedious grinding... all that just for an unvoiced cut scene that gives no indication that it's supposed to be silent leaving the majority of people who do it for the first time to assume that it's bugged

yes I hate Timewaste Island with a passion. don't even get me started on the damned coin grind

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the biggest issue was the content not being very interesting. the no flying aspect of those areas is kind of my issue with them, but only because Blizzard tired to make the world feel dangerous with pretty dumb one shot mechanics. at least in TI. way back in Firelands, this wasnt as much the case, but its problem was again the content. i hated that every day i had to redo my progress. nothing ever felt like i made an impact since it reset daily. yah i got to see more of the story over time, but i had to redo the first part of that story every.. fucking.. day. it wore on me by the end, and what did i get for my reward? a vendor that offered me nothing of use. it would have been great for my alts, but it was all soulbound.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

The idea that epics are epic went out with WOTLK and it only worse in cata and mists. But to be frank, it really means nothing.

Deleted
    Ti was BAD - really bad - so bad balance that the devolpers had to implemet five buffs you get there to make you stronger. if wod is formed after ti example - good riidence wow and a game burried fast and solid.

I especially hate those horde chars that turn on their own that bugs the hell out of me

Storylines and an "interesting" progression are very reliant upon gating.
    To simply prevent someone blowing through it all and missing the "experience".
    That is simply not a good mechanism to put functional items like gear behind.

Reputation grinds in themselves are not a bad thing, only when they are used to gate functional gear acquisitions.

Having the choice to blow through, to grind till your eyes bleed can be a good thing in addition to a storyline.
    I think having a long grind, small amounts of reputation as offered on Timeless Isle can be a good way to offer that, but to make it unattractive to some players so you may CHOOSE the daily/story progression in place of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    TI was boring, just a loot piñata.
    Except that a pinata drops things that we want.

Comparing Firelands to Timeless Isle is like comparing A slice of French Silk pie to a Double Cheeseburger.

EDIT: You can't compare the two - before anybody doesn't get the point. :P

Deleted
    don't think its fair to lump all end contents into one category. TI is dreadfully boring, didn't mind the others as much.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Comparing Firelands to Timeless Isle is like comparing A slice of French Silk pie to a Double Cheeseburger.

EDIT: You can't compare the two - before anybody doesn't get the point. :P
    They are both major content patch for an end of a tier.

the only one i have ever disliked has been timeless isle. i went there when it was first introduced for the celestials and ordos once a week and once i didn't need anything else, i have never stepped foot back there again.

The reason I hated TI is not there. The reason is: it's fucking boring. It's a GW2 rip-off, a game that kept me at max level about 1 week. The only reason this shit was such a "success" is the addition of the loot pinata, which made any new fresh 90 go there. But they went there because they were forced to go there. Now combine that with the fucking blood coins and you have fresh 90s, forced to get there, only to be met by ridiculously overgeared retards

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I hate it (Timeless isle mostly,) because its one of the most god awful boring things blizzard has ever pumped out imo.