Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We've been able to push Garrosh 25H before a Empowered Whirl on p2 now, so it did change a lot for us.

Hopefully it'll die next week. =)

Deleted
    Garrosh died like it was nothing. 5 tries or something. Slightly disappointing after having spent 300 wipes on him before the item upgrades.
    We take solace in the fact that we nearly had him before (0,8%) and that the kill attempt was so incredibly smooth that the few upgrades possibly didn't end up making a difference at all. That being said had it been before upgrades stuff like tank being eaten would have been far more likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Thanks for that insight. I'll pass it on to the people in my team. I'm sure the rantings of an internet nobody will carry a lot of weight with them.
    Kind of agree with him though. Though it's kind of different for every guild why they are stuck on boss x.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    DPS checks were already a joke with full team of 25 near-bis geared players, now it feels like raiding previous tier, and it even wont be for a few weeks yet that we actually have full 4/4 upgrades.
    Ikr. Bosses fell over like punchbags, Garrosh with 2 buyers and managed to skip the terrace intermission lols.

Before patch: One shot cleared first 10 heroic bosses and then progressed & killed Thok first time, yay 11/14 hc ;p
    After patch: whole evening wiping like retards on first 5 bosses and then quit without killing Galakras.
    Valor upgrades a huge success!

(*whimper*)
    :|

Deleted
    Funny how many with 14/14HC on farm have to chime in and "complain" how easy it has become now and how they clear it with 5 dead and no healer etc.

This thread was made with people still struggling with the last bosses in mind, I dont see how your farm/boost-stories hold any grounds in this thread. But I guess your egos must be stroked at least 24/7 wherever you may please, like the special snowflakes you want to be treated as.

OnT:my guild has had more success since last time, but havent downed it yet down to declines and not having the optimal composition.
    Im positive he will fall very soon though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetia View Post
    Funny how many with 14/14HC on farm have to chime in and "complain" how easy it has become now and how they clear it with 5 dead and no healer etc.
    I wouldn't call what they do is complaining, they are simply expressing how the valor upgrades changed their raiding experience, which (not surprisingly at all) is shortening the fights and in some cases essentially removing an element of the fight.

Still working on training the new people on how to do H Malkorok. Raid isn't back to where it used to be yet, which is what happens when you lose seven people (the plus side is the new people just need the experience and gear, they're pretty good otherwise).

Only thing it means so far is the veterans are better able to carry more people now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild just clears normals at the moment. Working our way up to heroic modes.

Just wanted to say that everything seemed easier. We killed Garrosh after 6 sub 10% wipes (with 3 new people to normal mode - myself included with my woeful shadow priest dps :> )

Bonus upgrades will not help unless you are struggling with raidheal/enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run a weekly pug so its hard to say since its players every week. but first week 6/14 and couldnt get shamans, 2nd week only 4/14 since we lost a tank, after patch 7/14 with much easier time on first 4 bosses.

Item upgrades also help gear up people to start raiding so its really more helpful for me and pugs. the only issue is capping valor on 5 90s is gay. Going to spend all of tonight just farming valor before reset

Deleted
    Most certainly did for us. We're a small group currently progressing HC and we were at 4/14 with Sha skipped and Galakras down. It's probably just coincedental but we 1-2 shot every boss in the first wing including Sha of Pride which we always struggled a lot with before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Bonus upgrades will not help unless you are struggling with raidheal/enrage.
    Bonus upgrades spread over 10 or 25 people actually makes a considerable difference.

Yeah, we were able to push Garrosh HM in P2 right to the transition so we could skip the second intermission, and that's what we were having issues with in the first place. Killed him this past Friday after seeing P4 a couple of times. Feels good man

Deleted
    Yeah definitely,

We've being working on HC Garrosh for a while and it has been tough with people not dealing enough damage (SV hunter almost behind a paladin). So we've been progressing steadily since the patch and we're down to the 7 last % in P4 (we just saw a few, like 3/4, some mecanics are pretty easy) so there's a high probability he dies tomorrow

10/14 H before the patch, had put in about 40 attempts on thok at that point. After the upgrades we cleared through the first 10 in one night (we had only gotten through nazgrim previously) and even made a few attempts on thok that night. Thursday came around and we downed thok under an hour, around 50 wipes total. Hard to say if the item upgrades made a huge difference since we were close before but it will be nice for siegecrafter and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as we have everything heroic on farm we aren't stuck at a wall but it did help our raid anyway. We cleared 13/14 H in one night this week, previously were usually 10-11/14 H one night clear. If we make little mistakes we're hoping for a full one night clear soon.

Still stuck on Heroic Malk. But it seems like more of a people need to pay attention issue then gear at this point.

Deleted
    Now finally progressing on Garrosh 10-man, quite sadly, even though we haven't killed him yet, it's noticable how much of a joke he's become. We're "carrying" a bad DPS due to roster problems, but the first intermission is no problem at all and we almost have to stop DPSing before second intermission (will have to once people learn when to DPS or our warlock comes back). It's been like 60 pulls so far, and we're quite certain we'll down him in less than 100. Siegecrafter took us 180 for reference (post 10-man nerf/hotfix). It's a bit sad for me that we farmed too much and didn't progress fast enough, because we certainly have the means to kill him without nerfs.

My 14/14H alt raid blazed through the whole instance in less than 3 hours after we've just killed him 3 weeks ago. Everything just fell over in record time.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post

My 14/14H alt raid blazed through the whole instance in less than 3 hours after we've just killed him 3 weeks ago. Everything just fell over in record time.
    so pre nerf 14/14 hc raiders find boss after nerf easier then pre nerf - more shockign and exiting news at 11 i guess ? -_-

Deleted
    Thats not really how it works SoO has been doable in far less gear the upgrades just make the dps checks easier, you still have to figure out tactics (and play well) even though you have superduper awesome gear.

Deleted
    Past certain ilvl the later heroics are much more about surviving and handling the mechanics correctly than having uber dps/hps. Like it that way.