Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no longer playing WoW, but, mostly, only gold sellers. I might put a guy on quanrantene for a couple of days, but i normally remove them from the list after a couple of days.

I sometimes still play with a trial acc, and on that acc i normally ignore all guild spamers, just because they normally use ad-ons that keep spaming guildless people... And its so freaking annoying being spamed by the same dude every freaking hour (i even explained him i was on a trial acc, and he keeps spaming... i just had to block him, on all my toons on that acc).

Deleted
    Probably two or three people. Most are people who spammed trade chat at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I know I have some, 3k players on my ignore list, people I've added over my 7 years at WoW. How long is yours?
    Why don't you ever delete your list? People change in 7 years, or maybe they had 1 bad day, but you keep ignoring them forever? Weird.

I have zero on my list. I only ignore obnoxious people in dungeons when I'm leveling, so I don't run into them again, and remove them once I'm max level. I also ignore people from LFR when I feel like doing that for a few weeks, but also remove them when I'm done running LFR. Never had anyone I really had to keep on ignore longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    0 over 9 years.. what's the point of ignoring people, you basically miss out half the conversation on things 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    1 because he ruined an achievement for me. That was Saturday?
    I clean my ignore list every month.

Deleted
    0, i've been mentally ignoring everyone since '06

Only 3 people have ever been put on my ignore list the whole time I've been playing this game.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I only put people on ignore to make trade chat easier to read. Guild spammers, lfm spammers go on my ignore list temporally. I take them off next time I log in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    0 over 9 years.. what's the point of ignoring people, you basically miss out half the conversation on things 0o
    I don't think you "miss out" when it's one guy spamming 4 different chats the same thing as often as he can cos he needs 3 people for blah blah. I usually ignore them if I notice them doing it quite a lot because I honestly don't think that someone like that would be fun to play with. I've got about 30ish proper ignores then a load of gold/boost spammers probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I know I have some, 3k players on my ignore list, people I've added over my 7 years at WoW. How long is yours?
    seriously if you have 3k people on your ignore list, there is something wrong with you , not them

i have blocked more than one person for sexual harrashment :P (RP server)

lots of creepy people started playing in wrath <.<

I have no one on mine, besides the ghouls and creeps.

I don't get offended easily (seriously, 3k?) So I got none. I tend to solve my issues with someone instead of ignoring them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    seriously if you have 3k people on your ignore list, there is something wrong with you , not them
    Thats what I thought too, 3000 people thats a lot!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ten or so. Back when WoW was a more social game I actually capped my ignore list, but now it's a less social game and I only ignore people who are exceptionally obnoxious. On MMO-Champion? A few.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why don't you ever delete your list? People change in 7 years, or maybe they had 1 bad day, but you keep ignoring them forever? Weird.
    Not at all weird, first impressions stick.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    I don't get offended easily (seriously, 3k?) So I got none. I tend to solve my issues with someone instead of ignoring them
    I tend to solve my issues with people by ignoring them. I mean it depends on what the issue is. If it's a simple disagreement then ignore isn't really necessary. If they're so obnoxious that I wouldn't want to play with that person again I just ignore them. If they attempt to talk to me about politics, whether I agree with them or not, instant ignore. Have enough of that brain melting nonsense IRL, don't need it in-game as well.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Using an ignore-list expanding addon, I used to have thousands of characters. I always regretted that I couldn't just ignore an entire account. It really would have simplified things.
    The in-game ignore function also ensures you won't see them in random matchmakes like LFD and LFR. Expanding ignore list addons don't let the whisperer know they're ignored either, but that can be regarded as an advantage.

Just gold spammers, and I prune that list pretty regularly (since most of those "dsalksdhfk" names are just temporary anyway, it doesn't make much sense to keep them on an ignore list forever). I actually don't think I have anyone on there now.

I joined my new guild in the middle of MoP, and somehow, I had their main tank on my ignore list. I'm not sure how he got there, unless he randomly pissed me off during some instance run long ago that I'd forgotten about. For the first month I was in that guild, I wondered why he was so quiet. I'm not a raider, so being unable to communicate with the main tank in chat was not a big problem. But still, it was kind of strange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I tend to solve my issues with people by ignoring them. I mean it depends on what the issue is. If it's a simple disagreement then ignore isn't really necessary. If they're so obnoxious that I wouldn't want to play with that person again I just ignore them. If they attempt to talk to me about politics, whether I agree with them or not, instant ignore. Have enough of that brain melting nonsense IRL, don't need it in-game as well.
    Bingo. It isn't about being offended, it is about being efficient with the signals you receive. 50 years ago you'd be happy with 2 channels on your TV and you received a newspaper a day. You could phone... There is far too much signal in our digital age so we must make conscious decisions what information we want to see by means of filtering. I use a plethora of addons to my WoW experience more pleasant including an addon called BadBoy which filters out a lot of crap I'm not interested in. I cannot see double messages on /trade either, which makes it more like a text-based Pinterest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Oh and forgot to tell I also ignore people with double standards. Come on not only does it lack basic courtesy but this takes away development time because the developers have to implement their announced system extra for these people in the WoD GroupFinder so no one may ask for requirements they don't meet themselves
    My faith in humanity is restored...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1