Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Dwarf male, the true updated model.

Greetings,as you probably guessed from the title this will be a somewhat complaint about the updated models blizzard have released so far.

Taking another look at the models they released up until this point,one of them clearly stands out and that's the Dwarf male,Blizzard has said in the past that they did work on the Dwarves for quite some time, and to be honest it shows. While all the other models previewed so far are indeed higher quality the dwarf is one step ahead.

Do others see this difference ?
    Is blizzard rushing the new models ? ( keep in mind that they went from a possible release in patches to a full character release + bc models in WoD launch )

Because to be honest,i would prefer them to launch the models in patches rather then rushing them,it's something i was / am looking forward for years and i want it to be done properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i share your view. Dwarf males look extremely detailed compared to the others.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Deleted
    The Dwarf models were the first models to be worked on, they're probably pretty much finished. The other races shown in artcrafts are explicitly not finished and by the time WoD comes around they'll probably have been in development as long as the Dwarf Males are now. No need to worry.

Chris Robinson, the lead on art dev used to be the lead on character model dev, and one of his favorite races is the dwarf because he loves Celtic and Viking stuff. They were absolute labors of love, kind sir or madame. I don't think they exceed the others at all though, you just just have only gotten to see a peak at the others and as soon as they were ready at that.
    The dwarves were announced to be in development over 2 years ago.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yeah. Both Dwarf male AND orc male looks miles ahead of the others. I feel like they spent a year each on those two models, and now they're trying to toss out the other models in a manner of months. I mean, Human female, Night Elf female etc. looked pretty much as basic as could be expected; just higher poly count. Dwarf and Orc model were a massive step up from just upping the polycount.
    One might argue that the whole point would be to make it look like the poly count has simply been upped. They are supposed to be as faithful to the originals as possible after all.

well i dont see those dwarfs being so far ahead, tauren is amazing, and the only people you might be having in mind are the models that we have only seen stills of :/

The male dwarf and orc models are very heavily muscled, as opposed to most of the others, so their textures are going to look more detailed by definition. Those two models are also the ones we've seen in full gear and moving around the most. For most other models they released they also gave us the standard disclaimer that they were still very much a work in progress (for example, the original Night Elf female model didn't have her trademark fangs).

I'd like to see the other models they released in movement and wearing armor before we pass judgment on quality.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Yup, pretty much OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    A new low for MMO-Champ.

People now complain the quality of one model is too high.
    No, he complains that the other models didn't have much work, attention put into them.

Deleted
    Dwarf looks much more detailed than for example female Night Elf. I was pretty disappointed about that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The male dwarves look great. Even as someone who would never ever roll one because they clash with my preferences (I prefer pretty/sleek opposed to brutish) as far as style goes, I was still really impressed by them at Blizzcon. It really got me excited for the rest of the models. Which was a mistake.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    So...I guess everyone is ignoring the fact that the artcraft models are explicitly unfinished huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dwarf looks much more detailed than for example female Night Elf. I was pretty disappointed about that one.
    have you seen new nelf f moving? in action? wearing stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    A new low for MMO-Champ.

People now complain the quality of one model is too high.
    Should not be surprised.
    People simply enjoy complaining.

The models we have seen are maybe not complete.

Lets wait till we are certain they are in a complete or near complete state before the mindless bashing please, or even cut out the mindless bashing completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

High quality dwarf models = good. Who cares about the lesser races?

All the updates so far are fair. (I am not amused with goofy tauren male, but the mane is fixed at least) Dwarf Male definitely has the most amazing touchups thus far.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    have you seen new nelf f moving? in action? wearing stuff?
    I can still see the textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    So...I guess everyone is ignoring the fact that the artcraft models are explicitly unfinished huh?
    Unfinished or not, the dwarf looks better. We can only judge what we know. Technically they'll be unfinished until WoD releases, because they'll always be able to make adjustments.

I can see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I can still see the textures.
    i dont think it is the right time to worry, its still work in progress.
    as someone else mentioned - orcs and dwarves are muscle mountains, easier to see that definition.

Deleted
    They are rushing crappy models because else there would be no selling features for WoD.

What else would they put on box?
    - we removed many abilities
    - we rehashed the farm... i mean Garrisons!
    - flying is no longer available
    - everything dumbed down
    - BUY NOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i dont think it is the right time to worry, its still work in progress.
    as someone else mentioned - orcs and dwarves are muscle mountains, easier to see that definition.
    It'll always be work in progress until it's released, but then it's too late to give feedback. That's one of the reasons why they do these artcraft things, to get feedback. I don't worry at all, yet I'm still disappointed with what they've shown of the female night elf (and the female draenei). Whatever might change is nothing I can comment on, I can only say how I feel about what they've shown us.