Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Tertiary stats are stats that do not affect performance, but are still fun/useful. Multistrike and Readiness both GREATLY affect your performance on a level compared to Mastery, Haste, Crit, and (Bonus) Armor. They are not tertiary, and here's even a source for you:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Itemization Changes
    General

• New secondary stats added:
      • Multistrike: Grants a chance for spells and abilities to fire up to 2 additional times, at 30% effectiveness (both damage and healing).
      • Readiness: Reduces the cooldown on several abilities with long-cooldowns for the class. The tooltip for Readiness displays a list of affected abilities.

So, y'know, sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleave was shelved (along with Amplitude) and was a secondary, not a tertiary, and they also haven't been talking at all about tertiary stats since Blizzcon, so idk if they are even planning on keeping them or not.

I also had the list over on the 6.0 Thread, which includes Movement Speed, Lifesteal, Avoidance (reduces AoE damage taken), and Steadiness (makes that specific armor piece indestructible and not needing repairs), though that list (besides Cleave/Amplitude being shelved) has not been updated since the Blizzcon panel last year.
    ok then. its been awhile so couldnt remember.
    also didnt know the removed cleave and amp. sucks i was liking cleave.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    also didnt know the removed cleave and amp. sucks i was liking cleave.
    *Nods* Amp I'm pretty upset about it going away, but eh, nothing you can do. Cleave was interesting in that it was a TERTIARY, but increased your AoE DPS, which is still a performance booster.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

*Nods* Amp I'm pretty upset about it going away, but eh, nothing you can do. Cleave was interesting in that it was a TERTIARY, but increased your AoE DPS, which is still a performance booster.
    RIP cleave and amp. 2013-2014

It's kinda sad how people just don't like Dwarfs, sure they look a bit iffy, but if power is what you are looking for in WoD, Dwarf is probably the best in both PvP and PvE(somewhat spec dependant with damage increase at start of the expansion though)

RIP cleave and amp. 2013-2014
    Could come back! Cleave probably won't because of how awkward it is (being not good enough as a secondary but being too good as a tertiary), but Amp... Idk. TBH I bet the only reason Amp isn't in game is because of PvP scaling out of control. So you know how you fix it? Don't put Amp on PvP gear and Amp has zero effect in BGs and Arenas. Problem fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It's kinda sad how people just don't like Dwarfs, sure they look a bit iffy, but if power is what you are looking for in WoD, Dwarf is probably the best in both PvP and PvE(somewhat spec dependant with damage increase at start of the expansion though)
    People dislike Dwarf because of how fugly the females are, and guys have an obsession with playing female characters, since they'd rather look at a pretty woman than some dude. Was fun for the time I played as Dwarf when Archaeology drove me mental
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Gnomes the best, no doubt!

10+ Year Old Account
    You got the day/night stats backwards, Pewpew. Also, I don't trust a blue tony the tiger to make an aesthetic judgment on the appropriateness of Night Elven mages. I look fantastic.

Your race won't matter at all, seriously. No player will play so perfectly in WoD that the small racial differences would matter. It's very easy to be confident with this statement after an expansion of analyzing numbers.

Could come back! Cleave probably won't because of how awkward it is (being not good enough as a secondary but being too good as a tertiary), but Amp... Idk. TBH I bet the only reason Amp isn't in game is because of PvP scaling out of control. So you know how you fix it? Don't put Amp on PvP gear and Amp has zero effect in BGs and Arenas. Problem fixed!
    what did amb do again? i forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    You got the day/night stats backwards, Pewpew. Also, I don't trust a blue tony the tiger to make an aesthetic judgment on the appropriateness of Night Elven mages. I look fantastic.
    Omg, I love you too, Akraen XD

In all seriousness, I didn't mean that Night Elf Mages can't look good, I'm just iffy on the lore I guess. NElves don't feel Mage-y, despite there being NElf Mages in the lore.

Plus, NElf Male models are weird. If I were to play NElf, I'd play female, despite not playing for that team. Did it with Draenei for awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

what did amb do again? i forgot.
    Critical Damage. e.g., if you had 50% amp, you would deal 250% criticals instead of 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Redsin View Post
    Gnome cuz it looks best.
    This is really all there is to say on the topic.

should more like
    what alliance race looks good in mage gear.

Deleted
    Gnomes because they look awesome !

Female Draenei too.

should more like
    what alliance race looks good in mage gear.
    Human and Draenei (Female only) fits quite nicely. Gnome works lore-wise, but they're too short.

Worgen is an interesting wild-card, especially with the Firelord's Hood, or the Priest off-tier helm from Ulduar, they look pretty cool. Pandaren will make you cry. Don't make me link the Pandaren Firelord's Hood again!

Human and Draenei (Female only) fits quite nicely. Gnome works lore-wise, but they're too short.

Worgen is an interesting wild-card, especially with the Firelord's Hood, or the Priest off-tier helm from Ulduar, they look pretty cool. Pandaren will make you cry. Don't make me link the Pandaren Firelord's Hood again!
    i still go with Draenei and i am being bias now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg, I love you too, Akraen XD

In all seriousness, I didn't mean that Night Elf Mages can't look good, I'm just iffy on the lore I guess. NElves don't feel Mage-y, despite there being NElf Mages in the lore.

Plus, NElf Male models are weird. If I were to play NElf, I'd play female, despite not playing for that team. Did it with Draenei for awhile.
    Someone needs to read up on Evenshade, the Shen'drelar, and the Kaldorei...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If you pick crit and haste you get 300 crit and 212 haste for your fire mage. A worgen would get a whole 600 crit. And a draenei would get 300 int.

I'm pretty sure in that case it'd be worgen>draenei>human. But the worgen wouldn't remain as good for other specs, draenei would remain just as good, and human would depend on how much rating you get per percent for the secondary stats you chose.
    where have you read that gives the percentage? How do you know that are 300 int for Draenei? 300 int is better than 300 crit + 200 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Someone needs to read up on Evenshade, the Shen'drelar, and the Kaldorei...
    Meh. As many NElf Mages as there were, I've never personally felt that NElves are Mages.

I also wanted to say the same about all Elves, as they don't feel Mage-y, but I think that might be hypocritical of my FFXI character, who was an Elvaan and a Red Mage. :X

Human female mage is best.

I mean, feel free to play whatever! I was actually at a decision once to play NElf, but chose not to. Been pretty much every race now (because I'm insane) and found that I almost always default to Human (male), and probably won't shy away from that. Most basic-sized race (in both weight and height) that pretty much all armor is 'tested' on, so nothing is going to look like this abomination:

Seriously, when I saw this, I pretty much died a bit inside.
    Now i seriously want to start playing my mage again and change it to pandaren, just to get that tmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ability to choose your stats as a human will definitely be nice.

But there was never any other option than human for me because the time saved with the rep bonus is easily worth more to me than the small dps gains from other races - particularly at the brutal daily-fest that was the beginning of MoP.