View Poll Results: Should R+J laws be implemented on a nationwide scale?

Voters
76. This poll is closed
  • Yes; That they aren't already is a curious oversight.

46 60.53%
  • No; Minors should not have intercourse until they reach the enshrined legal age.

9 11.84%
  • Other; My option is not on here and i'll explain in the comments

0 0%
  • Who the hell cares? /Popcorn

21 27.63%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not ok if youre under 18. They should have some discipline and will power to fight urges and not break the law
    Every time I hear the "D" word these days, I can't help but think of:

Yes. Good parents control every aspect of their kid's lives.
    I'd love to meet the parent who seriously thinks they're in complete control of their child.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I sincerely hope not. Helicopter parenting is a detriment, need to make your own decisions at some point.
    You can make your own decisions when you reach the age of majority

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I sincerely hope not. Helicopter parenting is a detriment, need to make your own decisions at some point.
    I expect bad parent to try to control their kids. I expect good parents to try to influence their kids to make good decisions. So either way: I expect parents to try and be involved in as much of their kid's life as possible.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Its not ok if youre under 18. They should have some discipline and will power to fight urges and not break the law

- - - Updated - - -

well sorry pal, welcome to the 21st century

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've never made your own decisions, how will you magically know how to do it at 18?

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Being allowed to drive before you're "allowed to have sex" is pretty damn stupid, if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Good parents control every aspect of their kid's lives.
    Sounds like awful parenting. What part of having no idea how to figure something out for yourself makes you a useful contribution to society. Parents who don't have totalitarian control of their childs life aren't negligent, they still shape things. I'm not suggesting young children here I'm thinking once you're like 15. Deciding a few things for yourself is absolutely a good thing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    If you've never made your own decisions, how will you magically know how to do it at 18?
    don't question the law, you spineless heathen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Being allowed to drive before you're "allowed to have sex" is pretty damn stupid, if you ask me.
    cars kill people
    sex creates people

!?

Deleted
    Its not ok if youre under 18. They should have some discipline and will power to fight urges and not break the law. They arent mentally mature enough to have sex at 15 or 17
    So when somebody turns eighteen they magically become mature?

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is the age of majority? Even more so, what makes you think that literally overnight you're suddenly imbued with the knowledge to make good decisions. That's dumb. A good parent doesn't let their child get into a dangerous position where someone could take advantage, with regards to sex that is lets stay on topic. That doesn't require complete control though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    cars kill people
    sex creates people

!?
    I'm 20 and would sooner be involved in a car crash than have a child, because having a child would turn my life into a car crash so why go for both sufferings when I can just have one.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    oh great, someone fed him -.-

anyways, I feel for the judge who has this case. Wasting your time with this nonsense because the destrict attorney wants another (imagined)medal for himself...

There are so many better things one can do with his time. Sorting screws for example. Cleaning the inside of picture frames. rearranging your food storage

Deleted
    cars kill people
    sex creates people

!?
    Uh, if you don't use contraceptives, maybe. Not a guarantee even then.

10+ Year Old Account
    And cars are so sexual too! They hum, they purr, they whine, they groan, they've got sticks and rods and oh I'm getting hot just thinking about it.

Maybe that explains country western?

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    cars kill people
    sex creates people
    People in cars cause accidents.
    Accidents in cars cause people.

If you think that's absurd, how about "We can send you off to kill people and/or die, but you're not allowed to have a beer"?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    So when somebody turns eighteen they magically become mature?
    Yes, we shoot them up with maturity.

Some people call it alcohol, but me I call it maturity.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    If you think that's absurd, how about "we're can send you off to kill people and/or die, but you're not allowed to have a beer"?
    Rofl, yeah, that's even more stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Thank you for my first sig-quote.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And cars are so sexual too! They hum, they purr, they whine, they groan, they've got sticks and rods and oh I'm getting hot just thinking about it.

Maybe that explains country western?
    You missed the obvious Suck Squeeze Bang Blow. And then, Anal.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    We do that but it doesn't work. In the same way we make teenagers wait until they can drive, drink, smoke, etc we make them wait before they can have sex. Besides, contraceptives aren't 100%. Accidents can happen and teenagers don't have the responsibility to care for their 'mistake'. The age of consent is up to debate for sure but it needs to be there and we need to punish the act where we can. It's the only real preventative measure we have.
    So when does responsibility begin? 16? 18? 25? 50? This arbitrary age limit thing is pointless. I know children more responsible than adults and adults as irresponsible as children. What we need to do is stop coddling everyone and everything. Responsibility doesn't magically happen when you turn 18. You either choose to be responsible and accountable for your actions. Or you don't.

Both underage, consenting parties should be charged.

Girls already scream rape when the male does something to piss them off. Helicopter parents(who most likely had underage sex) are screaming rape when their precious child's feelings are hurt.

Lets make everybody's life hell when underage kids are charged with underage sex. Hell lets charge the parents for child neglect. Maybe there will be less bullshit charges being thrown around.

Now in legit rape or statutory rape by a person in a position of trust(teachers) we need heavier penalties.