Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    range attack in melee range. wow.
    opinion. warriors have titan's grip and that is pretty awesome.
    DC needs a better animation.
    also still seems more iconic for unholy.
    Er, DC has a 30yd range? You can use it to pick up adds or when you can't be in melee range of the boss.
    Don't compare DC to titans grip, those abilities have nothing in common. Compare it to Heroic Strike.
    DC has been the main RP spender for blood in WotLK, and the "Sudden Doom" talent was a blood talent.

- - - Updated - - -

could have easily created a whole new ability for blood that replaced DC.
    Why? Why would you rather have a completely new ability, unrelated to anything, rather than DC, which has been part of the DK forever?

10+ Year Old Account
    we will have any single target ability for blood runes or pestilence won't break cc?
    No single target Blood Rune abilities. You'll want to not Pestilence near CC'd targets that you don't want to break. (Celestalon)
    So we just sit on our runes if a cc target is to close ? am im the only one who thinks that that is oring and stupid ?

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I think a Red Howling Blast would be awesome. "Blood Breath".
    I imagine a DK just coughing and hacking up blood on his opponent when I read this...

"HAVE SOME STREP THROAT!"
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    So we just sit on our runes if a cc target is to close ? am im the only one who thinks that that is oring and stupid ?
    Yeah this is my biggest grip with the removal of HS.

We have no "targetted AoE" now, we either sit there doing nothing when we have target`s nearby that is cc`d, or we have to start target switching back and forth, it sounds like a extremely counter productive gameplay and quite stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yeah this is my biggest grip with the removal of HS.

We have no "targetted AoE" now, we either sit there doing nothing when we have target`s nearby that is cc`d, or we have to start target switching back and forth, it sounds like a extremely counter productive gameplay and quite stupid.
    HS is removed, but isn't Blood Strike still going to be in the game?

Tab target and Blood Strike enemies, like the good ol' days of tanking (Tab/Sunder....ahhh those were the days....)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    HS is removed, but isn't Blood Strike still going to be in the game?
    That is a very good question, I don't think we got any clarification on BS yet. As far as I know it still is in the game as of the most recent alpha build (unlike HS).
    However, if they do remove BS as well we still got SR I guess.

You would think that an utterly useless ability would be prime for the chopping block, but the fact that they haven't cut such on overwhelmingly obvious example of button clutter could indicate that they have plans for blood strike. What other reason could there possibly be for leaving it intact otherwise?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...90809129705472

as you can read here the onlky single target blood rune ability we will have i soul reaper....

looks like blood strike will be gone too....

might be a misinterpretation but at the moment it look like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    You would think that an utterly useless ability would be prime for the chopping block, but the fact that they haven't cut such on overwhelmingly obvious example of button clutter could indicate that they have plans for blood strike. What other reason could there possibly be for leaving it intact otherwise?
    Since nobody got it on their bars it doesn't qualify as button bloat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...90809129705472

as you can read here the onlky single target blood rune ability we will have i soul reaper....

looks like blood strike will be gone too....

might be a misinterpretation but at the moment it look like this
    He forgot SR in his first post, maby he forgot BS in his second? I mean, normally you don't think about BS, could easily happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    read further, before the soul reaper thing there is an question about blood strike, would be kinda stupid to forget about it then, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    Very much, actually.
    It is ranged, so it is a lot more useful than RS.
    It litterally launches a ball of death at the enemy, which is a lot more awesome than a simple hit with your sword.
    It not only uses a different animation than DS (that alone is enough to prefer DC to RS) but a animation we currently don't have, so it's some nice alternative.
    DOES SHADOW DAMAGE THAT IGNORES ARMOR
    fixed. /10char

They should just go back to the wrath model so I can play my DK again. Until Blood dps returns I will never touch him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    fixed. /10char
    Thought about that too, but for PvE that doesn't make any difference at all, since it will be balanced around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm really torn on the Rune Strike change. This is a buff since it's ranged but I'm kind of annoyed by the idea of standing there casting spells with my bare hands when a monster the size of a school bus is swinging at me. I much prefer the idea of hitting things with my big scary sword as my power spender. It's better but it just feels wrong to me.

Blood parasites were functionally worthless. I did like knowing they were around and having them follow me between mobs though. I kind of wish they had done something with them rather than just give them the axe. I'm not super offended but I kind of hope they return as a glyph or something.
    Yeah...If I had my way maybe give them to Unholy and instead of the heal maybe a little AoE damage when they pop...just wishful thinking :P

Does suck about Rune Strike though, and Heart Strike, and just about every little bit blood is losing...and what are they getting? Just raw damage on Blood Presence?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah...If I had my way maybe give them to Unholy and instead of the heal maybe a little AoE damage when they pop...just wishful thinking :P

Does suck about Rune Strike though, and Heart Strike, and just about every little bit blood is losing...and what are they getting? Just raw damage on Blood Presence?
    At least I'm happy that we get DC as a part of normal ability usage. Rune Tap might add a surprisingly interesting layer of gameplay. It's really not that bad, after getting over change bias I'm actually pretty darn happy that HS and RS are getting the axe with the exception that outside SR we're lacking a blood rune single target dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    At least I'm happy that we get DC as a part of normal ability usage. Rune Tap might add a surprisingly interesting layer of gameplay. It's really not that bad, after getting over change bias I'm actually pretty darn happy that HS and RS are getting the axe with the exception that outside SR we're lacking a blood rune single target dump.
    They could increase the % weapon damage coefficient for SR so that it isn't just a wet-noodle, pre-execute.

Er, DC has a 30yd range? You can use it to pick up adds or when you can't be in melee range of the boss.
    Don't compare DC to titans grip, those abilities have nothing in common. Compare it to Heroic Strike.
    DC has been the main RP spender for blood in WotLK, and the "Sudden Doom" talent was a blood talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Why would you rather have a completely new ability, unrelated to anything, rather than DC, which has been part of the DK forever?
    death grip.
    i wasnt comparing it.
    because RS was frost in wrath. it was move to blood in cata.

because i feel DC feels unholy only. i dont hate DC i just feel like it doesnt belong in blood and frost spec.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    I always thought Heart Strike was good for both single target and AoE, it had decent damage to the main target. Are they going to buff blood strike? Right now its stats are weaker than SR, pre execute.

Deleted
    death grip.
    i wasnt comparing it.
    because RS was frost in wrath. it was move to blood in cata.

because i feel DC feels unholy only. i dont hate DC i just feel like it doesnt belong in blood and frost spec.
    DG has a 25s cd. If there are multiple adds you can only grab one. DC also doesn't affect bosses, and it's a taunt it doesnt build aggro. Also does no damage.

Yes you were.
    It litterally launches a ball of death at the enemy, which is a lot more awesome than a simple hit with your sword.
    warriors have titan's grip and that is pretty awesome.
    Not mechanics-wise, but feeling wise. And comparing a passive that lets you equip two 2h-weapons with a active ability makes no sense.
    You'd have to compare auto attacks with TG to DC. And in that case, DC wins. By a lot.

Yes I know. Doesn't change the fact that blood used DC as its main rp-spender, and that RS was a frost ability. Changing that doesn't erase it's history. If it did, this whole argument would be pointless, because now DC is bloods main rp spender again, so it has a lot more spec identity than an ability that doesn't exist anymore.

If that is the case, why not get rid of DnD and Army while you're at it? It is not a unholy ability, it's a DK ability. Blood and Frost simply neglected it.
    Last edited by mmoc16149473f9; 2014-05-29 at 07:26 AM.

Rune strike was available to all