Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Our mid-tier heroic group managed to one-shot our farm bosses on the first night and got a new encounter down on the second night. The item nerf is nice, but we were progressing decently well.

I run a flex that hasn't had the dps to kill flex Garrosh until last Tuesday. We have a strict time limit and no real gear limitations. Part of our success was due to the fact that a bunch of people who usually bring in their alts brought mains instead so that they could have fun putting up giant numbers with the gear upgrades. Which made me quite happy.

Our guild has a second raid team who is somewhere over 300 normal-mode Garrosh wipes; they can get to the final phase but fall apart in the final 5%. They are on the verge of breakup; lost one of their mainstays last week. They've gotten new life from the item nerf. They had already planned to make this past week a gear farm week rather than extending again, and from what I hear they had a very satisfying roll through the beginning of the raid and got some good item upgrades. The item nerf means that the guy who is quitting is willing to come back for a few more tries next week, to try to get the big boss down and end the tier on a bang rather than a whimper. We're all crossing our fingers and rooting for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    All our bosses died between 30-60 seconds faster. 2 swelling prides on Sha makes it a far easier fight. Almost finishing Juggernaut before the 2nd phase 2. (good for us). The gear helps a lot.

I don't think we will see the second transition during heroic garrosh ever again.

Deleted
    We had been progressing on HC Siegecrafter (10) for 6-7 weeks before item upgrades. We killed him on the second night with item upgrades. He seemed to drop a lot quicker - especially during opening burst.

Had a berzerk wipe before the upgrades on paragons, very easily made the dps checks on our 5th attempt on wednesday, granting us a kill. Korven was at 70% when Hisek got ambered and we still managed, so yes, it does matter. Not screwing up massively was more important though.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    We have current content on farm but gear upgrades made us clear faster and easier. Blackfuse klaxxi and specially garrosh turn into easy figths with the upgrades. Our average ilvl went 2ilvl up from last week

No, helped my guild clear in 1 night though. Hooray for nothing else to do until reset.

Our group breezed through all the heroic bosses we had previously beaten, killed one we were previously working on, and made decent progress on a new one. The extra gear made a big difference. Not a free pass, but pretty much everyone was doing about 40K more damage than usual. Multiply by 17 DPS, it was a noticeable difference for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our goal was to get all 14/14H in a single raid night and we did! That was our progression :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Not really, but we've only started on hc siegecrafter. 99 wipes in and we got him to 19%, so I guess one could say it's going quite alright. But before this week we'd only had 30ish pulls.
    seigecrafter on 25 H is a bitch if you have raiders who can't listen to calls / do the fight. we had a problem with people just standing there with a bomb heading towards them not attempting to back away from it, or just people not switching to them when theres a hard phase of bombs. or one of the treadmill group would die on their way to it,on it.

Quote Originally Posted by samthing View Post
    Past certain ilvl the later heroics are much more about surviving and handling the mechanics correctly than having uber dps/hps. Like it that way.
    More DPS gives you less mechanics you need to survive.
    I understand what you're saying but more gear/DPS will give you less belts you have to worry about on Seigecrafter, will allow you to kill Klaxxi before they cast their mechanic a second or even first time, and will allow you to kill Garrosh with only one transition and/or one or less empowered whirling corruptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    Had a berzerk wipe before the upgrades on paragons, very easily made the dps checks on our 5th attempt on wednesday, granting us a kill. Korven was at 70% when Hisek got ambered and we still managed, so yes, it does matter. Not screwing up massively was more important though.
    who are your dps and whats their ilevels to be hitting enrage timer? : / just asking to see if i can find out what is going horribly wrong.

was very noticeable yesterday. had to stop using some dps CDs when we engaged garrosh hc as p1 was shortened enough that we lacked stuff in the first intermission. even without, first intermission triggered without him using his warshout on the second set of adds. never had that before at least, that always happened. we were also almost 30s faster on thok and probably should not even have triggered frost phase.
    difference was bigger then I expected it to be.

Yes they helped my raid.
    With 4 trails, a 10 man raid, cleared all upto thok hc in 5 hours. Than did 2 tries at thok with a less than ideal comp made some mistakes at the icy phase. By the time he was about to enter the fire phase he was at 0.5%. Leading to a kill.

nop we only get gold lol

Deleted
    Yeah made SoO even more faceroll xD Never seen tht big of a difference I guess since not eveyrone had full upgrades or wahtever but yeah makes farm way more easy ^_^
    Garrosh probably felt the biggest imcact in my opinion since the %'s are so percise normally. I wouldn't say it felt easier just dps could sorta relax a bit, healers too sort of although we';ve been 3 healing it on 25 man now for a few weeks.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Them killing Blackfuse probably has very little to do with the item upgrades. Siegecrafter is almost entirely execution. The only way I can see a higher ilvl make the fight easier is if it allows your DPS to solo belts instead of duo them. Either that or the stamina increase allows you to fail more on dodging mechanics, but I doubt that was the case. As he mentioned they already had a shitload of wipes on it, probably the patch just motivated people to play (properly) again and that allowed them to get past it.
    More gear means less likely to get an extra overload. Mines dieing faster etc. We had him on 24% the week before the patch, killed him first day with tries on him after patch, on a rather messy try.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been on Blackfuse since November 2013.

We're still on Blackfuse.

ilvls don't help get people who at least have cloaks to apply to guilds. Being 11/14H 25M is not remotely attractive to anyone except L90 boosts for some reason.

Someone in my raid passed on an item upgrade because he 4/4 upgraded the one he was using already.

...yeah, in some ways, it is kind of stupid. But at least, on Week 2 of the Upgrades being available, we're starting to see the improvements.