Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    ON A BIT OF A TANGENT, and let me know if this isn't the right forum for this, I have been looking at rankings (starting with server rankings for ret, of which I think I have a couple). I am trying to avoid the typical "make one character get to do all the padding so they rank" thing, eg one ret dpsing all the adds on norushen+ malk+immerseus. What I have been looking at is if anyone has anything they noticed they do a bit differently which has helped them out on some fights, now that the boosted ilvl is making fights last such a short amount of time. These are the little things that might be obvious (eg save holy power when you know adds will spawn on sha of pride, or use glyph of inq on malkarok and try to get the killing blow on each add) or less obvious (use holy pvp 4 set to have 5 hp before the pull ). Is there anything anyone has noticed they tend to do seemingly for no reason that gets the numbers?
    *vague question over*
    On IJ make sure your guild drags the boss to the catapult so you can stand next to it during p2 and not get knocked back. On Thok you can keep Censure on both the add and the boss in kite phase, you can also Divine Storm the boss while you are on the add if he is somewhat close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardox View Post
    On IJ make sure your guild drags the boss to the catapult so you can stand next to it during p2 and not get knocked back. On Thok you can keep Censure on both the add and the boss in kite phase, you can also Divine Storm the boss while you are on the add if he is somewhat close.
    Or you have 10 4p procs for the bats.

World 8th malk, 22nd spoils, and a few other realm firsts- was a great night, but thok needs a lot more work! Are people speccing Long Arm to chase him when being kited?

Warcraft logs .com /rankings/server/99/latest/#metric=dps&class=Paladin&spec=Retribution

That's one of the few fights I use long arm for, you have rocket boots (hopefully) towards the end when he starts running too fast.

Also like Zardox said with the knock back on IJ, that's a great way to do it but if your guild leader is hard headed and won't change the strat you could do this for the shock pulses
    1: bubble 2: goblin glider right before it so you don't get knocked 3: speed of light + rocketboot

Or dont move IJ from start spot and just stand against the wall directly to the left of it when you enter the boss area? Whoa flew back 3 inches!

Stand under boss and LOL @ the barrages after

- - - Updated - - -

That said ranks dont mean. DICK its padding or in my case your the more gear you get the more alts that are in your raid. I don't play alts. Kill time never gets faster poo

- - - Updated - - -

Then again I stopped caring about ranks after what? 17 tiers of raiding? yikes!. all I care about is one night clears and the ever elusive war forges.

Have 5 piece, and H protectors shoulders and H garrosh legs, am i right to assume that garrosh legs are better off pieces than shoulders ?

(ret) Mastery vs Strength

33,067 Str & 82,47% Mastery
    VS
    33,508 Str & 78,70% Mastery

Which one would be better?

Why do you claim 40% haste but elsewhere people say its crap?

4% mastery every time.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyre View Post
    Why do you claim 40% haste but elsewhere people say its crap?
    Sources, pls.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Have 5 piece, and H protectors shoulders and H garrosh legs, am i right to assume that garrosh legs are better off pieces than shoulders ?
    Yea Garrosh legs are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    3.77% Mastery > 441 Strength
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Deleted
    I have a short question about Blessing of Might vs. Blessing of Kings while running around alone. At the beginning of Pandaria it was said that 3000 Mastery from Might is far stronger than 5% Stats, because we couldn't achieve the necessary strength values. If I remember correctly you needed around 25.000-26.000 strength for both blessings being equal. Now we could achieve these strength values (and more). Is this assumption still accurate or is it still Might > Kings?

If you're at 30000 strength, 5% would be 1500. Since 2 mastery > 1 strength, you'd need a bit over 30k strength for Kings to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Sources, pls.
    Exemplar over at EJ
    "Note that if you are interested in the Mastery angle, you must average 3 targets for the benefit to be present. Thus every 1 second with a single target you need 1 second with 5 targets to maintain the average. In short, it's pretty much only for AOE-fest bosses."

Exemplar over at EJ
    "Note that if you are interested in the Mastery angle, you must average 3 targets for the benefit to be present. Thus every 1 second with a single target you need 1 second with 5 targets to maintain the average. In short, it's pretty much only for AOE-fest bosses."
    You realise that the article you're quoting hasn't been updated in a few months now, right?

Also, if you were to go read recent posts found here:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...he-day/page-49

Post #974

"Pushing Haste beyond 40% continues to grant improvement. My tests have always shown even 100% Haste continues to show reasonable DPS increase over 99%. That said, around the 40% mark you may begin to gain more from 1% additional Mastery or Crit rather than 1% Haste. So if you had a choice of stats, Haste might no longer be your first pick. Some people erroneously call this a softcap, when capping is nowhere involved.

Then again, Haste might still be your best stat. Follow your Sim."

The other thought to put into this is simple, how long can you keep a 50% haste (1 sec GCD) priority system up, without making mistakes? You're human after all, so you will tire and you will slip up.

Ok. I guess I overstated "crap" in my first post. I've just seen contradicting information and no one can agree.

Deleted
    Ok. I guess I overstated "crap" in my first post. I've just seen contradicting information and no one can agree.
    The issue here is that the only real consensus in the community is that there is no consensus. You'll find 40% haste-mastery proponents like Anaxie and Bear, you'll find 50% haste-crit users like Zardox and Dakeshi, and I'm sure there are other preferences out there. The fact of the matter is that with TTT, all three of our secondary stats are extremely close to each other in terms of value past 40% haste, and almost any combination past that point works well enough to defend using.

Excellent reply, thank you. As to the 40%, is that before buffs? Attack speed count for that?

Deleted
    Excellent reply, thank you. As to the 40%, is that before buffs? Attack speed count for that?
    Attack speed has no effect.