Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Has the OP actually counted the number of exclusives Sony's World Wide Studios has made for the ps3? I'll give you a hint, it's A LOT more games then Nintendo made for the Wii. Claiming it's okay for the Wii because "Nintendo makes more games" is laughable.

As for it, I have said it before on here and apparently it needs to be said again. If not for Sony/Nintendo/MS developing the games as EXCLUSIVES most of them would not exist at all. If every game was going to be on every platform Sony, MS and Nintendo wouldn't even bother funding the majority of games and would just throw that money at marketing their systems and 3rd party games. Why? Because that is what that money is for, selling their consoles not developing some multiplatform game that sells well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Uh, yes? Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were amazing applications of the wiimote+nunchuck combo.
    Ah well, there is always one, it was really bland and actually not even very accurate.

Nothing to like about them, they are not for the benefit of the customers.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

They never really bothered me before, but now that systems are so pricey they kind of do. Especially now, when the PS4 is factually superior to the XB1 when it comes to hardware and population, but I have to choose the XB1 because of Halo. I understand why they exist, systems want good exclusives to give them an edge over the competition, but it really sucks having to often make the choice over one game. I prefer console gaming over PC anyway so that means nothing to me, but I can sympathize, since the issue is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Frankly I just hate any game that isn't on PC :P couldn't care less about the microsoft - sony war... just give me them last of us and beyond two souls and uncharted and halos plx

And I hate nintendo the most... ppl been begging for a decent pokemon game on pc for years if not decades ...
    There are quite a few good rom hacks for Pokemon, so that's not really needed. Unless you want some beefed up super graphics Pokemon game.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Has the OP actually counted the number of exclusives Sony's World Wide Studios has made for the ps3? I'll give you a hint, it's A LOT more games then Nintendo made for the Wii. Claiming it's okay for the Wii because "Nintendo makes more games" is laughable.
    But they weren't the triple-a games we see today as exclusives; they were more like small-time games to pick up and play for a little bit between triple-a releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    But they weren't the triple-a games we see today as exclusives; they were more like small-time games to pick up and play for a little bit between triple-a releases.
    What?

Killzone, Infamous, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, MLB the Show, God of War, Gran Turismo... need I go on aren't aimed to be the same AAA games we see today? What crack have you been smoking? Most of those games costed more to make then 2 nintendo exclusives.

That's not even listing the smaller games which are what you described such as Journey, Flow, Flower, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ah well, there is always one, it was really bland and actually not even very accurate.
    It isn't a case of 'there is always one', most people who played those games used the wiimote perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    It isn't a case of 'there is always one', most people who played those games used the wiimote perfectly fine.
    Yes it was 'Fine' but everyone I knew played with the Wii controller becasue it was infinitely superior. I'm using anecdotal evidence ofc, but I don't make any claims such as 'most people' because you can't back it up at all.

They need exlusives to sell consoles, If halo where on all systems why would anyone buy a new Xbone?

Just another Nintendo fanboy going full retard.

"Sony doesn't have any exclusives"

just wow..Sony has more exclusives than Nintendo at this point and they're ACTUALLY USING THEM. Unlike Nintendo who has made 1000 Mario games and 10 Zelda games in the last 2 years.

On top of that, Sony has better games imo. I don't want to buy a Nintendo console to play Nintendo games. I want a good console that has power that will let me play awesome exclusives (Sony) while getting the best of the multiplatform games (Sony.) Nintendo has neither. Cry more. Stay mad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Resistance. Just wow. The lack of knowledge and amount of crying in this thread is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What?

Killzone, Infamous, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank, MLB the Show, God of War, Gran Turismo... need I go on aren't aimed to be the same AAA games we see today? What crack have you been smoking? Most of those games costed more to make then 2 nintendo exclusives.

That's not even listing the smaller games which are what you described such as Journey, Flow, Flower, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper etc...
    OP is clearly a Nintendo fanboy. This isn't even the worst of some of the stuff they believe. I've seen some swear up and down that The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time and that it's quality far exceeds anything that another company can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though. The lack of knowledge for the games industry in this thread is ASTOUNDING.

Exclusives are the only things that keep companies competing with each other. Without Exclusives you would still be playing the same 10 year old games. (you are in Nintendo's case regardless)

Without exclusives, we would have consoles with technology from 2005. Without exclusives we would still be playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 10 with no upgrades.

Without exclusives we would all be stuck on one shitty controller and no one would bother to really innovate.

Without exclusives we would have nothing.

Seriously. Learn a little bit about the shit you're complaining about and maybe you wouldn't sound like a dumbass. Mods can get irate at me for speaking the truth but that won't change the hypocrisy and ignorance spewing from OP and a small few in here.

Deleted
    Let me start by saying i'm a huge Nintendo fan always have been . But it even amazes me how blind alot of Nintendo fans are to the mistakes Nintendo have made the wii U being the biggest and most recent. People bought the Wii because of the Nintendo exclusives this is absolutely true including myself , the problem is they are far to few and far between. Its not possible to own / live off just a wii because there are massive periods of time with no content years even.

Someone said Nintendo were making 10 zelda games a year obviously an exaggeration but if only this was true, right now you are looking at best a 4/5 year gap between zelda games. Metroid is gone and mario is also a huge wait time. For a good 90% of Wii owners the vast majority of the wiis lifetime the console was being used as an expensive paperweight gathering dust until Nintendo pull the finger out and actually make a game worth playing. While for the rest of the year people are playing the numerous exclusive's and multiplats on their ps3 /pc. Hilariously even how naughty dog manage to produce a game like uncharted 2 in 2 years yet Nintendo take 5 years to make the hugely big let down of skyward sword.

As another post pointed out sony have more exclusives than Nintendo do and better quality for the most part. The only reason the OP is pointing out he bought the wii just for the exclusives is because that is the only reason anyone buys it. You are not a special snowflake, but all this means is Nintendo have jack in the way of 3rd party games to actually make people use the console the rest of the time so people have no choice but to own a playstation or xbox so they can actually play games.

Also could not agree more with the above post exclusives have always been good for gamers.

Do yourselves a favour and get a ps4 / PC combo your pretty much missing out on nothing accept halo with that. I have always dreamed of a day when Nintendo give up on console development and go full software with Sony allowing us to have all the nintendo exclusives on PlayStation with glorious hd graphics ... i can keep dreaming hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    Exclusives are the only things that keep companies competing with each other. Without Exclusives you would still be playing the same 10 year old games. (you are in Nintendo's case regardless)

Without exclusives, we would have consoles with technology from 2005. Without exclusives we would still be playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 10 with no upgrades.

Without exclusives we would all be stuck on one shitty controller and no one would bother to really innovate.

Without exclusives we would have nothing.
    Hyperbole set to maximum. Exclusives are not some saving grace of gaming, they are useful for pushing a system but for every decent exclusive there are four times as many generation defining mulitplatform games.

Exclusives are not good for consumers, they only work for the console manufacturers. Even Ea said titanfall being exclusive was a mistake.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2014-06-07 at 01:12 PM.

Hyperbole set to maximum. Exclusives are not some saving grace of gaming, they are useful for pushing a system but for every decent exclusive there are four times as many generation defining mulitplatform games.

Exclusives are not good for consumers, they only work for the console manufacturers. Even Ea said titanfall being exclusive was a mistake.
    Just wow. I didn't say they're the "saving grace of gaming" only that exclusives build competition and innovation. To deny that is just being stupid.

Exclusive games take advantage of the hardware to the maximum because they only have to use that hardware to get the most they can graphically. Look at The Last of Us, Halo 4, Uncharted. Those games would not have looked nearly as great if they were multiplatform games. Do you know anything about development?

In what way was any of my post hyperbole? Is that just another way of you saying you don't have an argument?

Exclusive systems and games are great for consumers. You don't know what you're talking about. It's because of that competition and innovation that companies must deal with that we have a $400 next gen system and not a $300 last gen system (Nintendo.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I blame the console peasants, i want my Halo on PC, same with many other xbox and PS franchises, but noooooo
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Yeah, lets ditchs all Cars and make one Brand, the same with Mobiles, while we are at it...i hate all the thousands cars with all sort of different stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it was 'Fine' but everyone I knew played with the Wii controller becasue it was infinitely superior. I'm using anecdotal evidence ofc, but I don't make any claims such as 'most people' because you can't back it up at all.
    You are making those exact types of claims when drop phrases such as "Yes it was 'Fine' but everyone I knew played with the Wii controller becasue it was infinitely superior". Your anecdotal evidence is not somehow superior to mine just because it's yours. If we're going to go the anecdotal route, every single person I personally know that played the Wii Zeldas used the Wiimote, not the controller. None of them had problems and all of them were very pleased with the way the game operated from a UX perspective.

I also know that personally I had no issues at all with precision or functionality, I never got 'gorilla arm' from handling the wiimote (which does happen with some games), and I never felt like I died or got hurt because the controls failed me.

Additionally, I seem to recall that reviewers were also happy with the Wiimote interaction at release. I remember especially the praise for the support to either swing the wiimote like you mean it or simply chill on the sofa and wiggle it in small movements without any loss of gameplay precision. The only quick reference to a reviewer that wasn't a fan of the controls that I could find was Gamespot. The rest of the reviewers praise the motion controls and two sources (Gametrailers/Spike) even gave it awards for best motion control.

Ultimately I find it odd that you would perceive the wiimote in Zelda to be so bad when it is probably one of the best examples of implementation of the motion hardware out of the wiis entire catalogue filled with mostly shit titles exploiting the huge console install base.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are spoiled. When I was a kid video games were a new thing and almost every game was an exclusive. It was extremely rare to be able to buy a game that could be bought for the Atari 2600, Intellivision, and later collecovision

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    just wow..Sony has more exclusives than Nintendo at this point and they're ACTUALLY USING THEM. Unlike Nintendo who has made 1000 Mario games and 10 Zelda games in the last 2 years.
    It's ironic to say that people have lack of knowledge yet you didn't even mention Pokemon, Pikmin, Pushmo, Kid Icarus, so on and so forth. You're doing the same thing others are doing, purposely missing information to prove a point.

OP is clearly a Nintendo fanboy. This isn't even the worst of some of the stuff they believe. I've seen some swear up and down that The Wonderful 101 is the greatest game of all time and that it's quality far exceeds anything that another company can do.
    Someone's not allowed to love Wonderful 101 and say it has great quality, but you're allowed to say since you like Sony exclusives more, they must be better quality?
    Pot, meet kettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to play a Pokémon game like colosseum and xd on pc. It's been quite a while and I would love to see Pokémon with some awesome graphics just once. But Pokémon probably wants to stay away from that toxic online community and not loose the only good point of their handheld. Can't really blame them it would probably screw them over.