Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just starting am I ever going to be able to catch up to content lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kirino View Post
    Im kind of sick of people exclaiming look at all the content they give with out a sub fee. You do realize they make more money then all other MMO's besides like 2 from gem sales. I believe WoW and Eve are ahead of them.
    So this says Anet know what they're doing and make money doing it.

Its a sad day in the gaming world when a 21 year old with 0 professional knowledge in the field realizes how fucking stupid their direction of content release is going. I give this game another year before people become absolutely fed up.
    And then this says that Anet doesn't know what they're doing and it's a doomed path.

I understand some folks don't like the living story, and would prefer a conventional expansion. Some of us like the Living Story though. The content update schedule pisses some folks off, timeline wise, but I like having something on the way rather than every couple months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Nothing you need to catch up on, really. New season starts, all you need to know is some crazy Sylvari wrecked Lions Arch before we killed her.

Deleted
    [...]

Limiting content to be played only during a short amount of time is by far the stupidest thing to do. Grant it holiday events are perfectly fine but wasting most of your resources and making the majority of your content a you had to have been playing when it was live to see it is so bad on so many levels.

[...]

/end rant
    Um yeah. I guess you missed the fact that all new content of the LS2 is going to be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Don't worry :3 if it's about the Living Story, you could try to look it up and read about it, or what I did watch Woodenpotatoes' video's on youtube. He has a lot of video's about past patches.

It is surprisingly easy to catch up with other people, as I have noticed with a friend that just joined, and my boyfriend. They're about to pass me while I've been playing for 1,5 years now (and they only for 2 and 7 months).
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2014-05-29 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    Um yeah. I guess you missed the fact that all new content of the LS2 is going to be permanent.
    Are you sure it was ALL content? I know I saw more content becoming perm, but don't recall them saying everything. I assume a new zone or two, but with some transitory events (and meta-achievements).

Deleted
    When they say 'all content', I assume 'all content' :3

http://i.imgur.com/JL4js7E.jpg

Im kind of sick of people exclaiming look at all the content they give with out a sub fee. You do realize they make more money then all other MMO's besides like 2 from gem sales. I believe WoW and Eve are ahead of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And they do this without requiring a sub. That other game is known for year long gaps between new content
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    What is it with MMO devs bullshitting and me buying it all the time.
    Doesn't really matter if Anet charge a sub fee or not. Just a matter of how valuable each player finds the content at whatever cost.

If players enjoy themselves the cost is irrelevant. Provided they are not starving or something, of course.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-05-30 at 12:48 AM.

Interesting, though I still doubt it.

I mean, even Lions Arch isn't permenant content...

The sub-fee/no fee thing is interesting. Subs used to justify themselves via the content provided and "the cost of upkeep". The cost of up-keep has been greatly reduced over time due to advances on the networking side, so that left content. Now that F2P and B2P has been providing content, you're basically just paying to log-in.

It's a shifting goal post thing, but I think the goal posts have moved off our plane of existence at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Interesting, though I still doubt it.

I mean, even Lions Arch isn't permenant content...
    I am guessing they are releasing new zones with each LS update and by permanent they mean the zone will still be there. This would be a cool way with dealing with the LS, I always thought it should be releasing new zones periodically. I really do hope arenanet get really good at making LS content. I want it to work so bad, but I haven't really enjoyed it that much at all. I do like the idea of it though.

It would be cool if the LS appeared in the zone as a personal story quest and would still be there until you've completed it, It could even be replayable. That way if someone who just started the game ended up going to brisband wildlands they would have the LS appear and they could choose to go to those locations to complete it.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-05-30 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's true, GW2 doesn't owe us any content, we're not paying a sub and there's no contract or anything. The flipside of course is that if they don't give us a reason to log in, many won't and they won't make money.
    Thats true for all MMOs, so what does that have to do with anything?

Deleted
    Finally! Can't wait to see what they cook up, specially with the comments about more stuff being permanent.

Hope we get to see some new places, dungeons, jp's and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Finally! Can't wait to see what they cook up, specially with the comments about more stuff being permanent.

Hope we get to see some new places, dungeons, jp's and so on.
    I sort of prefer the temporary content. When I know something is always going to be there I get sort of ambivalent and figure I can do it at any point... and then never do it ><

Also tweaked the thread name to make it clear it's not about WvW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I am guessing they are releasing new zones with each LS update and by permanent they mean the zone will still be there. This would be a cool way with dealing with the LS, I always thought it should be releasing new zones periodically. I really do hope arenanet get really good at making LS content. I want it to work so bad, but I haven't really enjoyed it that much at all. I do like the idea of it though.

[...]
    Yeah this would make a lot of sense as well. I'd like that, since I don't mind temporary content.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm wildly curious about this - I mean of course I'm expecting the zones and dungeons and whatnot they add to be permanent, but are they adding some kind of phasing/instancing for Living Story chapters?
    Valar morghulis

Well... we know there will be a new permanent boss fight added at some point (thinking during this season is likely). Aside from that... I REALLY REALLY hope they aren't adding phasing for living story chapters ><

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is they've been working on this a long ass time. We know the zones were almost done for launch and we've seen what a small team can put together every few weeks - they've been working on this for over a year.

I am expecting nothing short of epic
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    I'm just going to wait patiently and see what happens. I'm confident they'll make something good.

I'm just going to wait patiently and see what happens. I'm confident they'll make something good.
    I refuse to be patient! /corgi riot /table flip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I sort of prefer the temporary content. When I know something is always going to be there I get sort of ambivalent and figure I can do it at any point... and then never do it ><

Also tweaked the thread name to make it clear it's not about WvW
    Oh I don't mind temporary content either, but I really would like new places to explore

Quote Originally Posted by Eidal View Post
    Oh I don't mind temporary content either, but I really would like new places to explore
    I really do just enjoy running around a zone that has plenty of places to explore and fight and such, but I'm not crazy about hearts. I've literally done Cursed Shore on 11 characters at this point. Southsun was meh, due to irritating mobs, lack of skill points, and not enough to do.