DBM Thinks I'm a DPS..

Hi Guys,

I'm sometimes raiding on my Blood DK , however it THINKS that I'm dps.. e
    e.g. on Sha I'm not receiving msg Wounded pride on "2nd tank" taunt now, or Nazgrim about sunders, etc etc etc How to change it ?

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-to-tank-roll/

Looks like DBM does not allow you to switch the roles to a different spec once the mod has been loaded.

That's how it works, it loads defaults for your current spec. It however does not automate this. Not unless you erase settings and reset to defaults while in a new spec. but that nukes a lot of customization. Unless you are just ok with the defaults.
    so i would try and erase the settings and log out then in as blood and let the mod load for tank spec.

however they did mention in that thread there were other 3rd party addons that do that also.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I haven't received any of those warnings on my DK either.

I just focus my offtank and taunt when needed, easy to see the debuffs come up/stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    I haven't received any of those warnings on my DK either.
    I just focus my offtank and taunt when needed, easy to see the debuffs come up/stack.
    So... as far as I know it just sets up default warnings when you first encounter a boss, and never changes them. It isn't that it "doesn't allow you to be a tank", it is that it only considers your roll the first time you hit a boss. (Presumably as a DPS in these cases.)

To fix this... open the DBM options, find the raid, find the boss, and turn on or off the warnings you want. Then it will tell you everything you care to know.