Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post

You don't seem to get the problem, or my concern.

Things normally go live, once they are presented that way, that much, officially, without a change, when there isn't a really serious thing wrong here.
    See, that is simply not true.
    There are countless of situations where they showed us stuff or even put things in the game client that have been changed later on.
    Night elf fangs, anyone?
    Stop pretending this is the final model with all aspects and varieties, because that's rarely the case when Blizzard decides to show us sth.
    Last edited by megasus; 2014-06-04 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    You don't seem to realize the amount of work needed to update the character models, there is no way to be 100% sure it's even ready for WoD. (though WoD will probably be held back until they are ready)
    I...wat. Are you a Blizzard employee? I know you aren't a modeler because saying a palette swap is as much work as you seem to be implying is just silly.

Shut the hell up, your eyes change with a face option numb nuts, not a hair option
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Why don't you try playing a blood elf? They all have green eyes, so they will probably keep them. Although, I would love to have white eyes, as they had them in Frozen Throne..
    Huh

My Gnome has purple eyes, I want to maintain the original purple eyes of my character.
    But everything from BlizzCon to Official Warlords of Draenor site, to gameplay videos on YouTube, to my experience on Dreamhack (winter), all of them with purple eyes gone.

Option Face #1 for Gnomes has had their eyes changed FROM PURPLE, TO GREEN. And that ain't cool, I really like my purple eyed Gnome, for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What exactly are you referring to with that? The fangs?
    Yes, the fangs. I remember reading posts from you that were very similar to the OP here and then having the same advice you gave the OP given to you.

Take some of that alpha state gospel on board, did you?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are not listening.

1. November 2013 @ BlizzCon they reveal that the face with purple eyes, has now green eyes.
    2. Official Warlords of Draenor site shows the face with purple eyes, has now green eyes.
    3. December 2013 @ Dreamhack, the face with purple eyes, has now green eyes in-game.
    4. For 6 months, there has not been a mention or notice that the eye colors changed to green from purple was an error or anything of that sort.
    I *AM* listening to you, you're not listening to everyone else though. Did they explicitly tell you that purple eyes are gone? They didn't. You're looking at that image and assuming that they're gone. They haven't done the fine tuning on all the models yet. You're assuming that they're done with gnome and have moved on to the next one, but they have stated that this is NOT how they do it.

I'm not telling you not to voice your concerns, but maybe do it in a more calm manner, don't make accusations, and do it via proper channels. What they post is not the finished product. Just look at the night elf female model they posted, it has normal teeth, but it was later revealed that a more recent update to it has the fangs that night elves are supposed to.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by megasus View Post
    See, that is simply not true.
    There are countless of situations where they showed us stuff or even put things in the game client that have been changed later on.
    Night elf fangs, anyone?
    Stop pretending this is the final model with all aspects and varieties, because that's rarely the case when Blizzard decides to show us sth.
    You make a good example here, because of the Night Elf fang, the developer responded to it.

Now with the Gnome's purple eyes gone for 7 months, no one has mention it.
    So do you really think I believe this will change? I don't really believe it will, so I raise my concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I *AM* listening to you, you're not listening to everyone else though. Did they explicitly tell you that purple eyes are gone? They didn't. You're looking at that image and assuming that they're gone. They haven't done the fine tuning on all the models yet. You're assuming that they're done with gnome and have moved on to the next one, but they have stated that this is NOT how they do it.

I'm not telling you not to voice your concerns, but maybe do it in a more calm manner, don't make accusations, and do it via proper channels. What they post is not the finished product. Just look at the night elf female model they posted, it has normal teeth, but it was later revealed that a more recent update to it has the fangs that night elves are supposed to.
    No, I played the game on Dreamhack, they are gone. Face #1 has purple eyes, on game client it has green eyes.
    All the other faces are presented in the game client with their original eyes, except for that face.

Meaning, that this will go live IF NOT it is CHANGED AGAIN. Get it? 7 months, no change, no mention, no update, purple eyes have been gone THAT long from the betaalpha-whatever client, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I...wat. Are you a Blizzard employee? I know you aren't a modeler because saying a palette swap is as much work as you seem to be implying is just silly.
    It isn't exactly news that upgrading the character models has been monumental work, not sure why you are talking about palette swaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Huh

My Gnome has purple eyes, I want to maintain the original purple eyes of my character.
    But everything from BlizzCon to Official Warlords of Draenor site, to gameplay videos on YouTube, to my experience on Dreamhack (winter), all of them with purple eyes gone.

Option Face #1 for Gnomes has had their eyes changed FROM PURPLE, TO GREEN. And that ain't cool, I really like my purple eyed Gnome, for 7 years.
    Again, that is either a different face incorrectly linked to face 1 or an unfinished face 1 they haven't fixed yet. They are spending a lot of resources trying to make the new models look like the old ones (it would be much easier to make them different), do you REALLY think they would overlook something like eye colour?

Deleted
    All the races have had the order in which their faces display messed up. It's an obvious bug that will get fixed once they actually have the other expansion features up and running properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    It isn't exactly news that upgrading the character models has been monumental work, not sure why you are talking about palette swaps.
    Because a palette swap is the work that OP is asking for. Yeah, updating the models as a whole took a lot of work because it required creating new, higher resolution textures, it used far more polygons, and the updated animation system. Eye color is about the least difficult thing to possibly change in this situation so there's no large amount of work involved with it. If it's still there in beta then it could be fixed in an afternoon.

You make a good example here, because of the Night Elf fang, the developer responded to it.

Now with the Gnome's purple eyes gone for 7 months, no one has mention it.
    So do you really think I believe this will change? I don't really believe it will, so I raise my concern.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I played the game on Dreamhack, they are gone. Face #1 has purple eyes, on game client it has green eyes.
    All the other faces are presented in the game client with their original eyes, except for that face

If it's your concern that they might have forgotten about eye-colors, but none knows for sure, then let me tell you that there are other ways of expressing that than by calling Blizzard liers and spreading out wrong facts.
    Please keep your feedback constructive and realistic.
    Last edited by megasus; 2014-06-04 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why are you still going on about this here? Are you hoping a Blizzard employee will reply to you here? Anyone with common sense knows that the gnomes and all their face options aren't done. If you have worries/concerns, despite knowing that they aren't done, go to the source and ask Blizzard on their forums or on that dudes Twitter account that has been mentioned quite a few times on here.
    Apparently he did, they answered it was unfinished and he still came here to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Again, that is either a different face incorrectly linked to face 1 or an unfinished face 1 they haven't fixed yet. They are spending a lot of resources trying to make the new models look like the old ones (it would be much easier to make them different), do you REALLY think they would overlook something like eye colour?
    I believe they changed the purple eyes to green on purpose, since the original Gnome artwork that is most used on Wowpedia, and the offical Warcraft site has green eyes, they made them green and removed purple because of a design choice, flavor, whatever.

That is what I believe. Why should I believe otherwise? There is no evidence or word said by Blizzard that it will change.. It has changed from purple to green, by gameplay experience I know it's gone, so what's your problem?

Your problem is that I have a problem that I don't know the full truth to; YES! So I'm talking about it after staying quiet for 7 months... You gotta realize it's been a while.

Deleted
    OP tell me how to get the final game and I'll not mind actually commenting on this.

Did you know you can retain the old character models if you so desire? I think it could be done in the graphics options.

Deleted
    My gnome has the same face with the purple eyes. I see your concern and hope it will change before release. It's not like I won't be able to play my character if the eyes on my gnome suddenly change from purple to green, but it is however quite noticeable on the gnomes because the eyes are so big compared to the face. I personally think the new models look awesome, but I still think that OP has a point. I'm not to judge wether or not the model shown is final or not; I know nothing about the process of making games. But I still think it's a fair request to keep the eye color of your character.
    Last edited by mmoc414f06bec3; 2014-06-04 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Nobody here believes that, in their effort to keep the new models looking like the old ones, Blizzard wouldn't notice they changed the eye colour by mistake and not fix it. I hope.

Several of the other races have their faces mixed up, old face 1 becoming new face 3 and stuff like that. You know, the usual UNFINISHED stuff.
    Ofc not, but imagine the OP's reaction if they did.

I just hope they fix the floating teeth on one of the dwarf faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I believe they changed the purple eyes to green on purpose, since the original Gnome artwork that is most used on Wowpedia, and the offical Warcraft site has green eyes, they made them green and removed purple because of a design choice, flavor, whatever.

That is what I believe. Why should I believe otherwise? There is no evidence or word said by Blizzard that it will change.. It has changed from purple to green, by gameplay experience I know it's gone, so what's your problem?

Your problem is that I have a problem that I don't know the full truth to; YES! So I'm talking about it after staying quiet for 7 months... You gotta realize it's been a while.
    Jesus, it's like dealing with a conspiracy theorist...

Maybe because we haven't even seen a texture pack for male Gnomes yet?

Somehow its obscenely obvious to everyone else but you that the textures are aren't finished yet.