Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    People complaining about complaining too early and not during beta. WTF. Um beta for WoW is a very late develpoment process. Not a lot fo art changes in this time it's mostly last minute gameplay mechanics. This is why they let a large number of players access it.

Next point. This I may be wrong on but arn't these models completely separate from WOD? Arn't they just a game update we get regardless of if we pay for WOD? So that means there is no alpha or beta to judge how far in the development they are.

Don't give a fuck what the naysayers think OP. Keep going with your legit complaint. It's better to be safe and have them hear you even if they have already made your changes in a recent build than be sorry and they ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I complain now. They had 7 months on them to answer on Twitter. Only thing they said back after BlizzCon on Twitter was "oooops, I guess someone dropped the ball, lol" but that was to the missing brows on a beard.. still not fixed, the beard has no longer eyebrows.. as it has live.

Heck, someone missing fangs, they go posting pictures of fixed Elf with fangs, but if a Gnome loses his purple eyes.. if a Gnome misses his eyebrows.. no word on it.. Come on, do they not have a lot work to do on the Tauren, Blood Elf, female, male, Troll, etc.. to even bother fixing anything Gnome related now, yes.. thats what I think, and so bad!
    Exactly, when are we supposed to complain, after it's released? How do you think that will work out?

And the number of people who don't care about their character being changed against their will is staggering. Same-face is a very real worry of mine after seeing female Worgen and Pandaren.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Exactly, when are we supposed to complain, after it's released?
    When it's in the beta. If an issue persists until then, they need to be made aware of it. Until then, all the info we get is meant for internal use only anyhow.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about.. I've been thinking how great job they have been doing on keeping the original faces in the new model, that's why it's so frustrating to me to have seen the purple eyes go completely away..

.. without anyone being worried that it was perhaps a design choice, and since Blizzard or any of their developers\artists has mention it or answered my tweets about it, it just raise my concern a bit more ..

And as every day go by, more closer to a final product, just makes me lose any hope if this goes live, to keep my original purple eyes. So yeah, the discussion is kinda about how people (when very few) might be having some changes to their character that goes against what developers promised and that feels very unfair when your just a little voice on the Internet trying to talk with others about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    When it's in the beta. If an issue persists until then, they need to be made aware of it. Until then, all the info we get is meant for internal use only anyhow.
    When being the minority, as in Gnome alone, is being the minority, we do get more hate than any other races over 10 years.

Then again, to be a specific face, specific gender, it leads to being even less than the minority.

You become the minority of the minority and the concerns of people like me, is likely not getting thru to developers even in official beta or whenever.

- - - Updated - - -

Meaning, every minute a developer spends time on something else, it cuts back on something else.
    And they often say doing this-that cost a raid Tier!

So perhaps they just don't see time to make purple eyes be purple, then just settle it with being a new color, green. Get it? And that pisses me off, that idea, that this can happen!

Deleted
    When being the minority, as in Gnome alone, is being the minority, we do get more hate than any other races over 10 years.

Then again, to be a specific face, specific gender, it leads to being even less than the minority.

You become the minority of the minority and the concerns of people like me, is likely not getting thru to developers even in official beta or whenever.
    The Senior Art Director who is personally working on char textures (Chris Robinson) is a huge gnome fan. So...

FFS w8 when beta opens so ppl can get in at test, none have access now to beta to see all variations of faces and colors, if you dont like them use your old model and be happy in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    The Senior Art Director who is personally working on char textures (Chris Robinson) is a huge gnome fan. So...
    Exactly why it worries me, how can he do such a mistake? How can he show at BlizzCon (Look purple eyed gnome old model, now new model green eyed gnome!) *yey*

That just leaves me to believe even more it was a design choice because of a designers personal opinion, and I don't think it's fair they change things that you got used to.. they shouldn't do changes like that!

Do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

They work on something, they get it done, then they move on - they don't go back, once the model is complete, it's sent to the animators.

Please, don't give me that crap about beta alpha as that is around gameplay changes and not serious changes like model work as that's a different process.
    Well, you sir, obviously knows a lot about the inner working of the Blizzard. I would suggest you complain to them directly. What are you trying to achieve by complaining here? Support?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    FFS w8 when beta opens so ppl can get in at test, none have access now to beta to see all variations of faces and colors, if you dont like them use your old model and be happy in your head.
    Why wait for a test phase that has the majority of art work finished and mainly focusses on gameplay balance? (thats if the model updates are included in the expansion which I was under the impression they are separate).

http://i.imgur.com/6OoHkn5.png
    All eyes are green from now on just to piss off some guy on MMO-Champion forums

Infracted. Removed the [IMG] coding as well as the fake Blizzard quoting.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-04 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Well, you sir, obviously knows a lot about the inner working of the Blizzard. I would suggest you complain to them directly. What are you trying to achieve by complaining here? Support?
    I'm discussing, being unhappy and discussing it, is that not allowed? I'm sure it is.
    I don't know more than what Blizzard has said themself in interviews and Twitter.

So far they don't respond to any questions about purple eyes gone missing, and is now green. Thanks for the concern tho
    I do hope perhaps if more people would be curious, more people would care, perhaps they would care to.. Blizzard that is.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Why wait for a test phase that has the majority of art work finished and mainly focusses on gameplay balance? (thats if the model updates are included in the expansion which I was under the impression they are separate).
    Because we don't have the models so the OP is complaining about the POSSIBLITY that they don't have pink eyes like it is a FACT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    holy crap that´s terrifying. i´d like to do a "mountain" to those eyes

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Why are you trying to troll me or get me fired up by making fun of me?

I can see you changed the eyes color, all to green. So? Blizzard want to piss me off, did they say that on the official forum?
    I don't get you.

Someone said there wasn't any textures done, well they are, right here:

And the purple eyes are missing, okay.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Because that's exactly what it's for. Beta is for fixing mistakes, bugs, and tuning. It's also something being presented to the player and saying: "This is what we've got so far, tell us what we need to fix and improve." Basing this amount of rage and insane conspiracy theory on some promotional materials and a super early alpha build a month after Blizzcon is just silly. It's made even sillier when paired with the fact that Blizzard has not said anything about this one way or the other. For all we know it's already been changed on their internal build and they're not going to sit here updating us on every final detail of their changelog when they are rushing like headless chickens to get ready to release beta in a timely manner.

Deleted
    I'm thinking, at least, 12-14 meme images to reply to this thread but this one will do

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...s_futurama.gif

Infracted, removed the [IMG] coding as well.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-04 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Because we don't have the models so the OP is complaining about the POSSIBLITY that they don't have pink eyes like it is a FACT.
    We have lots of photos and screen shots and model views that Blizzard have posted on their site and released to the player base. Why do you think they sent them out? The answer is feedback.

They want the community to respond with positive and negative feedback on the things they got right and the things they missed.

I played the game on Dreamhack, and I went thru the character creation for Gnome male. There is no purple eyes, that is a fact when I tried it.
    After that, there has not been any worries, and as I raise my questions, no answers.
    I chose to discuss it here, and that's that.

What are you on about?

Why are you trying to troll me or get me fired up by making fun of me?
    I'm doing no such thing, I'm providing the exact same sources as you for my claim and discussing it.
    I'm discussing, being unhappy and discussing it, is that not allowed? I'm sure it is.

*Cleaning up post to make the post more clearer*

New Gnome models are missing purple eyes. Face #1 should suppose to have purple eyes on the new models, but since BlizzCon 7+ months ago, it has been changed to purple and there has not been any images or posts about it being purple again or why they changed it or if it was an error.

I totally agree. The first thing I noticed was that the face is old and wrinkled. The second? My much-beloved purple eyes were now green. If they really do force me to purchase a character redesign because of these changes, I will be livid. It doesn't matter that the new model is better than the old one...it's that the new model is completely different from the old one that I picked on purpose for those features.

What if you bought a new phone and suddenly they came to your house and swapped it out with one you specifically chose not to get originally without compensation of somekind?