Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Probably botted his way to 90.
    Good job reading the thread moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Ultimately this is a case where the person needs professional help to deal with his WoW addiction. It's one thing to have a character with 170 days played, quite another to have one with 170days played within one expansion... in addition to it not being his main.
    No, it's not. He set out with a goal and is determined to achieve it. You clearly have no idea what addiction is. What a stupid post.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-04 at 01:42 PM.

Deleted
    A) People being sure he's botting are missing the point, he's been doing this since 2012, don't you think Blizzard would've realized this by now?
    B) It's a game, he's enjoying himself and making a name for himself, I don't see why he needs professional help lol.
    C) Once he's finished, it's going to leave a massive void in his life, but at the same time... Dat accomplishment.

Deleted
    Haha wow this is completely insane. What drives someone to do this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    For recognition. For fame. For money for nothing. For chicks for free..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

I never made a pandarian so I don't know their starting zone - but is it an island that is just surrounded by fatigue areas so you can't get off? Because some healing classes can heal through fatigue damage - just wondering if he could actually get off the island as a neutral... If it is like an instance I guess not.
    Still must be hilarious for actual new panda players to see him running around their like a PANDAGOD!

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Good job reading the thread moron.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's not. He set out with a goal and is determined to achieve it. You clearly have no idea what addiction is. What a stupid post.

Infracted.
    I know this got infracted but I have to agree here. Throwing sarcastic comments around about "his addiction" just because he's doing something different? Really? Just because he found something to do while he's watching television or doing something else?

There are so many people who come home from work and sit in front of the television or the computer for 6-7 hours a night every night - but no one's commenting about their "addictions" because what, there's no tracker or timer about it?

Let him do what he wants to do. Isn't the point of a video game to have fun? So many people get so snide and bitter over it - at least he's enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    I know this got infracted but I have to agree here. Throwing sarcastic comments around about "his addiction" just because he's doing something different? Really? Just because he found something to do while he's watching television or doing something else?

There are so many people who come home from work and sit in front of the television or the computer for 6-7 hours a night every night - but no one's commenting about their "addictions" because what, there's no tracker or timer about it?

Let him do what he wants to do. Isn't the point of a video game to have fun? So many people get so snide and bitter over it - at least he's enjoying himself.
    Rofl, yeah, what a great defense. Some other people sit on their asses all day and do nothing, so why bother having a life at all!? Only on mmoc

When he gets to 90, Blizzard will make a new, neutral faction and he'll be the faction lead.

Horde- Vol'Jin
    Alliance - Wrynn
    Neutral - Doubleagent the panda

This is incredible really, but such a pointless waste of time. I'd be sick if I played WoW that often, for that many hours a day, JUST gathering for extremely marginal increases in XP.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Mighty impressive and all, but... an average of six and a half hours, every single day since MoP was released? 40% of his waking life over the last 21 months? Basically just collecting herbs? Either botting was involved, or this guy is literally insane. Like, truly needs professional help.
    Some people stares at a computer 40% of their waking life. Some people sit at a chair listening to some people 40 (or more) of their waking life. Some people wander around 40 (or more) of their waking life. They all need help I guess ?

There is nothing insane about it. You're the one who has a problem here. He's well aware of what he is doing it and why he is doing it. I don't think it is making him sick or else. He can do other things while doing it. It's not too demanding mentally to click on some herb/mineral.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Rofl, yeah, what a great defense. Some other people sit on their asses all day and do nothing, so why bother having a life at all!? Only on mmoc
    A life obviously being defined as 'only spending time on things I think are important and anything else is a complete waste of time', right? I'm sure there are things you do in your life I'd find a waste of time, and vice versa. It gives neither of us a position from which to judge what another does as being worthy of the time invested.

Doing this won't create a lasting legacy like the construction of the Watts Towers, but it'll be memorialized in the greater lore of World of Warcraft, which will endure beyond the game's lifespan. But even without that motivation, he's doing what he wants with the time he has, just as Simon Rodia did.

To those who want to stand and mock still about 'waste of time' and 'no life', I ask you this: What would you do today if tomorrow was your last day? Because it may very well be. None of us know how long we have. So think about your own life and how you spend it before you sit in judgement of how others live theirs, for this may be your last day on Earth.

It's nice to see people making more of the content, by thinking out of the box a little. I know I couldn't do this, so kudos to him for finding something to work on!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plog View Post
    To see if he can do it? I know I couldn't I would get bored fast, but some people have a stubborn streak that they put to use Kudos to him for having the patience, he obviously enjoys doing it or else I can't imagine he would continue on, though I guess once you get to a certain point, it would be more of a *got this far can't stop now* kinda thing

I find it a little iffy that his proof is being legit is extremely short videos (except for that one hour one but that is still relatively short compared to the amount of time he spent at that level) or asking somebody else to follow him and stream. Somebody teach him how to use OBS so he can stop saying he doesn't know how to use it?

He should use a mouse tracking program such as IOGraph for the last level. It will really show if he is using bots periodically or not. He refuses to stream and only posts short videos right before he levels (where he could just play manually for that last minute) but IOgraphs only take a few megabytes for days of mouse tracking.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/psPIrX8.jpg

It would really clear up whether or not he is botting. From the videos he has shown, he manually clicks ghost wolf form and does almost everything with his mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I posted this in a thread that got closed; I was curious just how much time it would take someone to do this so I started to do some napkin math.

The original poster assumed 5 seconds per gather and approximately 25 experience per herb. So going off that assumption:

Seeing as he started all the way back in September of 2012 (I'm going to make an assumption that this was on the day MoP was released, that could be wrong):

Amount of experience from level 1 to 90 (As taken from the XP chart available here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:XP_To_Level; This appears to be off as it hasn't been updated for 5.3, I'll see if I can get a more accurate number later): 149,375,400 XP
    149,375,400 XP / 25 XP per gather = 5,975,016 gathers to reach max level
    5,975,016 gathers x 5 seconds per gather = 29,875,080 seconds of gathering to reach max level

September 25th 2012 to June 4th 2014 = 617 days
    617 days x 24 hours = 14808 hours
    x 60 minutes = 888480 minutes
    x 60 seconds = 53,308,800 seconds
    /5 per gather time = 10,661,760 seconds
    / 60 seconds in a minute / 60 minutes in an hour / 24 hours in a day = approximately 124 days (rounded up)

Discounting September of 2012, there are a total of 21 months between his start date and today
    21 x 4 weeks = 84 weeks x 2 = 168 weekend days
    617 days - 168 weekend days = 449 work days
    449 work days x 24 hours = 10776 hours in work days
    449 work days x 16 (Work + sleep) hours = 7152 busy hours on work days
    10776 - 7152 = 3624 non-busy hours on work days

3624 hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 13,046,400 seconds
    3624 hours / 24 hours in a day = 151 days
    168 weekend days x 16 non-busy hours (Accounting 8 hours of sleep) = 2688 non-busy weekend hours
    2688 non-busy weekend hours x 60 minutes x 60 seconds = 9,676,680 non-busy weekend seconds
    13,046,400 seconds + 9,676,680 weekend seconds = 22,723,200 free seconds since September 2012

So we're short:

29,875,080 - 22,723,200 = 7,151,880 seconds
    / 60 seconds in a minute / 60 minutes in an hour / 24 hours in a day = approximately 83 days

Note that this is using the old experience numbers for 85-90 from pre-5.3. Those numbers were cut by about 33% since then. I'll add to this post if I find the new numbers. It also doesn't take into account the pet battle quests I heard he completed on different characters and turned in on his pandaren, which there are about 5 per day and have scaling XP based on level. This also assumes a consistent 8 hour work day every weekday, and a consistent 8 hours of sleep every day.

Your maths are wrong.

/5 per gather time = 10,661,760
    is the maximum possible number of gathers if I accept your 5,975,016 gathers to level (which I don't, i think it is significantly less) he would only need to spend 14.4 hrs a day to accomplish this.

Xp for gathering
    Last edited by gamingmuscle; 2014-06-04 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Your maths are wrong.

is the maximum possible number of gathers if I accept your 5,975,016 gathers to level (which I don't, i think it is significantly less) he would only need to spend 14.4 hrs a day to accomplish this.

Xp for gathering
    Actually it should be more. Since level 50 he has been gaining 20 xp a gather. If we make the average xp per herb at 21.04 (to range from the original exp down to 20 over that many gathers) it should be 7,092,849 gathers.

For one, yes it is significantly less because this math assumes a lot. It's stated at the very top.
    The problem wasn't the assumptions. (I didn't think they were right, but I used them) The problem was your units...you messed them up =P

The line I quote you converted time into gathers and treated it as time in later calculations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgaktroop View Post
    Actually it should be more. Since level 50 he has been gaining 20 xp a gather. If we make the average xp per herb at 21.04 (to range from the original exp down to 20 over that many gathers) it should be 7,092,849 gathers.
    Why is it 20? Did he say it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Wow. You're a sensitive peach, huh?

People do what they want with their lives. Some like to enjoy what they do in their free time. Others like to tear people down for their happiness in an attempt to make their own lives meaningful.

Fancy that.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    The problem wasn't the assumptions. (I didn't think they were right, but I used them) The problem was your units...you messed them up =P

The line I quote you converted time into gathers and treated it as time in later calculations.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it 20? Did he say it was?
    Because it shows Exp: 20 after each gather on the one minute videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I got to exalted with Ravenholdt just to see rogues referring to me as their master, and that's the maximum I could do.

This guy deserves recognition for what he's doing. I hope he gets there before WoD.

Actually, that specific line is only used one more time, and the line it's used in isn't used at all in the later calculations.
    True. My bad on that. There are other issues with the maths but the overall point may be correct-ish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgaktroop View Post
    Because it shows Exp: 20 after each gather on the one minute videos.
    level 80 pic shows 30 =P