Thread: Honestly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    No, last Season was the most balanced Pvp has ever been. With mabye 1 or 2 classes that needed ever so slight toning down. But otherwise a very balanced season.

This season hunters and monks and boomy offheals are out of control. plus warriors and rogues ruining everything. CC is still over the top in general,

This season is a mess.
    this season and last season are the same thing, just with bigger numbers this season, there where no balance changes of any notice effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    dks, at 2700 cut off only one dk barely sneaked over the line last i checked.
    There are currently 12 DKs over 2700. Shadow play is quite powerful and they scale very, very well with gear, gargolye is hitting like a fucking truck now.

Retribution pally is not a class, paladin is...

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Honestly? Honestly!

I miss Wrath PvP days.
    I too miss the days of being killed in 2.5 secs in a Chaos Bolt-Conflag-Lava Burst 2's Combo.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Best DPS of the season:
    Warrior 11.4
    Mage 9.8
    Warlock 9.1
    Hunter 8.7
    Shaman 7.9
    Rogue 5.4
    Priest 5.2
    Druid 4.1
    Death Knight 2.5
    Monk 1.4
    Paladin 0.9

Total pures: 46.9
    Total Healers: 33.6
    Total hybrids: 19.5

Yep, that is totally truth, we need to nerf hybrids more!
    Gotta love the only pure class on that list that falls below hybrids. Fuck you Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    I too miss the days of being killed in 2.5 secs in a Chaos Bolt-Conflag-Lava Burst 2's Combo.
    Haha I remember those days. WotLK was still better though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I think season 11 was the best season in terms of class representation. The skilled classes were on top while the mindless classes weren't viable.
    Its not "skilled" classes, its classes whom Blizzard decided to give complete toollkits; CC, burst damage, and significant survival cooldowns/escape mechanisms. Classes really good at one thing and lousy at another don't tend to do well. Its the specs that are good at everything, i.e. affliction, arms, resto, frost, etc. that do well season after season (minus arms, which is either OP or complete shit)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Really?, I never really thought I'll say or even think this before but I honestly feel embarrassed I pay(regardless of price) to stay subscribed to this game every time I do PvP. Whether it's Battlegrounds against bots or Arenas against hybrid teams/classes that outdamage dpsers and outheal healers. Oh and did I mention the endless crowd control?
    That definition doesn't apply to PVP. Every spec has a balance of damage, healing, CC, and damage reduction. Some "Hybrid" DPS tend to have more healing than damage reduction, others have more damage reduction than healing. But at the end of the day a spec lives or dies by its complete package, not an abstract view of individual skills in isolation.

- - - Updated - - -

For all intents and purposes, it is. Shadow and ret don't have alternate DPS specs, and saying "just go holy" is no different that saying "just reroll warlock".

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not "skilled" classes, its classes whom Blizzard decided to give complete toollkits; CC, burst damage, and significant survival cooldowns/escape mechanisms. Classes really good at one thing and lousy at another don't tend to do well. Its the specs that are good at everything, i.e. affliction, arms, resto, frost, etc. that do well season after season (minus arms, which is either OP or complete shit)
    If they gave mindless classes like DK's and Warriors a large toolkit, they wouldn't even feel like the same class anymore and everything would seem homogenized as there would be no more classes filling the "mindless" role. Blizzard gives certain classes higher tool kits because it defines that class. Every class in this game has a role to play.

That doesn't mean they can't buff the DK or Warrior toolkit. It just means that those classes shouldn't reach the Rogue/Feral/Monk level of toolkit or else it breaks the reason to play Rogue/Feral/Monk.

If they gave mindless classes like DK's and Warriors a large toolkit, they wouldn't even feel like the same class anymore and everything would seem homogenized as there would be no more classes filling the "mindless" role. Blizzard gives certain classes higher tool kits because it defines that class. Every class in this game has a role to play.

That doesn't mean they can't buff the DK or Warrior toolkit. It just means that those classes shouldn't reach the Rogue/Feral/Monk level of toolkit or else it breaks the reason to play Rogue/Feral/Monk.
    But then you are basically saying that warrior/DK should never been as good as a rogue or mage or warlock. To intentionally throttle their toolkit is to intentionally limit their viability. To be clear I think Blizzard already does this with wizards, but it really sucks when you like a particular class or niche and KNOW that Blizzard doesn't want your spec or class to compete with their "chosen" specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    But then you are basically saying that warrior/DK should never been as good as a rogue or mage or warlock. To intentionally throttle their toolkit is to intentionally limit their viability.
    I'm saying they can't be as good utility wise because of their role to deal retarded damage. Unless you change the role of Warrior/DK (Change playstyle completely) you can't put them on the same level tool kit wise as other classes. This is the reason Rogues are doing so poorly right now is because Warriors effectively make playing a Rogue a useless class. Why would you waste time with a class that 10x harder to play and has a slightly higher tool kit over something that takes zero skill and deals retarded effortless damage every single GCD.

Having a lower skill cap doesn't always mean that the class is less viable. Warriors are a good example of this because other classes are so retardedly powerful with their tool kit that they can support the Warrior to make it seem as if Warriors are invincible.

To be clear I think Blizzard already does this with wizards, but it really sucks when you like a particular class or niche and KNOW that Blizzard doesn't want your spec or class to compete with their "chosen" specs.
    This is going to be a long explanation, but I really don't think Blizzard chooses certain classes specs to be good. This games arena is the way it is due to the nature of the game and I'll explain.

I don't think originally Blizzard chose which classes they wanted to be good. They don't really balance pvp in this game as we think they do. This games pvp is completely 100% controlled by the pve aspect. Why does this affect the way this games pvp is played? Well it means 3's arena is always going to be predominately healer/caster/melee or healer/caster/caster.

Blizzard never really intended arena to be structured like this, it just happened because pvp is just toppled on by whatever happens in pve. That's why healers are so powerful in pvp because they're supposed to be designed to save a tank from a dragon monster. This is why we have retarded burst cycles, retarded defensive cycles, retarded CC to compensate for the other too ect.

Anything that's outside of the established comps is usually not well received by the community and is usually blacklisted as "mongo" because we're so used to the same classes and comps dominating. That's usually why there's a bigger outrage on the forums when a mindless melee class is overpowered. Nobody really complains about Resto Shaman representation as much as Warrior representation because Warriors somewhat break the establishment by being so powerful with hunters. Why do you think KFC is so hated? Because even though hunters aren't melee, they're a physical damage class that breaks wizards down. And this cycle never ends, there's always one melee that's overpowered every season for people to complain about while the rest are dogshit.

This is also why wizards (Mages, Warlocks, Priests) and nature classes (Druid, Shaman) are almost never bad every season. Why? Because these classes make up the establishment of how this games pvp is played thanks to the pve aspect of the game. Not only that, but Casters generally just having a higher skill curve by just being a caster. I know it sounds queer but its true because when you play any melee you're throttled at some point with melee range.

You WILL get into positions as a melee where you HAVE TO TUNNEL, where you have to go "mongo" and LoS your healer. Playing a melee by default just means you have less options, less ways to break down the opposition just by the nature of having to be in melee range to do something. Casters never have to worry about this and can usually sit back, can plan and play safe. When you play a caster you always have 100% uptime outside of LoS. That's why positioning is an important skill for casters in high rated play where as melee generally don't have to worry about it and have their team mates carry them.

And I'm starting to convince myself that every single caster in this game no matter what will never have a bad season just because they're a caster. Mages can get nerfed to hell and it won't matter because good players will make the class work just because its a caster. It may suck at low ratings but casters will always work at high ratings. Shadow Priests are a perfect example of this. A so called shitty spec that somehow doesn't see the light of day in low rated pvp yet Godcomp dominates high brackets.

Melee on the other hand are always Russian roulette. Your class is either overrepresented or complete shit. There's no reason to play anything other than a Warrior right now because Warriors work best with the caster overlords right now. Nobody is going to waste their time with PHD or RMP when you can just play Warrior/Mage/Shaman. Melee are always throttled by how well they work best with casters while casters are never dependent on how well they work with melee. This again, is because the design of the game and casters just being casters.

So to sum it all up, its a necessary evil to keep down melee for the good of the game or else the structure that everyone is so used to playing will break down. If melee became too powerful, melee cleaves and triple dps comps would dominate and almost nobody wants that.

I hope this explains it. It probably doesn't because it's just my view on this after observing class power changes and playing this game for 6 years.

The skilled classes were on top while the mindless classes weren't viable.
    I've been playing since release and played every class to max lvl, some multiple times. There were no "Skilled Classes" or "Mindless Classes". One season your class may be #1, next season it may be dead last. You live by the patch, you die by the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That definition doesn't apply to PVP. Every spec has a balance of damage, healing, CC, and damage reduction. Some "Hybrid" DPS tend to have more healing than damage reduction, others have more damage reduction than healing. But at the end of the day a spec lives or dies by its complete package, not an abstract view of individual skills in isolation.

- - - Updated - - -

For all intents and purposes, it is. Shadow and ret don't have alternate DPS specs, and saying "just go holy" is no different that saying "just reroll warlock".
    Except you have to have to level from 1 - 90, learn how all the spells work, instead of a few new and have to roll all the gear from 0, instead of getting 550 from honor, farming with your geared the main spec.

On s11, I heard RMP/RLS/Shadowplay with legendary weapons and heroic trinkets took skill. Still as a feral, I miss those days, RIP instant clone =/

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    No, last Season was the most balanced Pvp has ever been. With mabye 1 or 2 classes that needed ever so slight toning down. But otherwise a very balanced season.
    What?

In s14, warriors were literally THE most overpowered class of all time in WoW. They actually had higher representation than season 5 DKs. Then hunters got buffed even more, creating total warrior dominance where, I kid you not, I would play regularly 3v3 for hours and meet only warrior teams all night. S14 was frickin disaster balance wise.
    DK's don't count as a pvp class so its all good. Let's be honest here, if anyone cared about DK's, it would be all over the official forums about how shitty DK's are.
    DKs are awesome atm. They're strong in both 2v2 and 3v3, and they're one of the mandatory classes for every RBG team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    In s14, warriors were literally THE most overpowered class of all time in WoW.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    DKs are awesome atm. They're strong in both 2v2 and 3v3, and they're one of the mandatory classes for every RBG team.
    Definitely disagree. They're mandatory for RBG and are good at what they do, but they're horrible in arena.

I took a break as 5.4 came out, The CC just ruined the fun for me, I feel like what they are doing in WoD will fix all of the issues ive had and plan to resub then. but we will have to wait and see i guess.

Cataclysm was the most balanced expansion imo. this expansion is awful beyond battlegrounds.
    3's are a cluster fuck of cc everything and wizard cleaves and brain dead hunter/melee. not even fun to play 3's.
    everything else is pretty fun though.

There are currently 12 DKs over 2700. Shadow play is quite powerful and they scale very, very well with gear, gargolye is hitting like a fucking truck now.

2 as of this posting in the US about 2700 3s

and shadowplay is spriest/lock, shadowcleave is dk/lock

Deleted
    As much as people complain about MoP (especially now), balance is surprisingly good. The only aspect of the game that is completely dumb is 2v2 which is expected and the prevalence of CC particularly instant CC.

If CC wasn't insane, burst macros and self-healing being toned down a little bit, MoP might've been the best PvP expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    I've been playing since release and played every class to max lvl, some multiple times. There were no "Skilled Classes" or "Mindless Classes". One season your class may be #1, next season it may be dead last. You live by the patch, you die by the patch.
    Every class does, eventually, have their #1 season, and their rockbottom season. Choose and play for fun. Agreed.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

at end game even warriors not so great anymore. i do find it very difficult to beat a shaman/druid comp just offheals feels like your playing against 2 healers in 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Every class does, eventually, have their #1 season, and their rockbottom season. Choose and play for fun. Agreed.
    Mage and warlock will never have rockbottom seasons. They don't play by the same rules as everyone else. And the best healer/healers each season generally depends on which wizard specs are strongest. Only melee ride the roller coaster, and generally only 1 or maybe 2 melee specs are good at any one time. Harry Potter pussies don't have to suffer through this.