Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They butchered Deathwing's character though. He was suppose to be this mastermind guy who did things behind a shadow and a disguise. He is not the Deathwing from WC2 so everyone went "Wth", not just people who didn't play WC2.
    Yeah, he wasn't green. Deathwing wasn't anything special in WC2 and was actually killed off before a 'It was only a setback'TM. All this WC2 lore that you attribute to him was added later. All these WoW noobs know nothing!

Deleted
    Cataclysm was a good expac, but it only got great with DS launch, LFR etc. I can't really comment on DS as a raid, because I play rogue and thefore it's always going to feel more special to me than for people who play other classes.

Until DS launched with the 5 mans, LFR etc at a reasonable difficulty as well cata was just too hard for a lot of players to enjoy. Pointlessly exclusionary. Personally loved it, but really did not enjoy telling people I had raided with for 4 or 5 years "sorry you just aren't good enough for this stuff". The spike in the difficulty curve just caused me so much drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I was never aware that EVERYONE thought Cata was the worst. Sure there is some hate on forums, but you also got that for WotLK now for MoP and there are people who think TBC ruined the game.

Proof? Make a poll for the worst x-pac and you won't get 100% votes for Cata.

And at the end of the day..if a game has 5 Installments, one of them will be default be "the best" and one "the worst" and that is why these threads will never die.
    Yes, but every time Cata is almost always the worst. I agree though, we cant get a great sample from wow fan sites. My dad who has never done any raid, and has a heart attack in a dungeon says cata was his favorite. The reason he didnt like MoP was because of no flying until 90. I guess WoD will be his least favorite expansion.

Deleted
    I enjoyed more cata then MOP
    that is for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Cataclysm, in large part due to the fact that this was when I had the most friends to play with and was heavily involved in progression raiding. That said, I did like the raid design as well, moreso than I did in MoP by a long shot, as well as the general art style.

If I had to rank it, I would say: Vanilla > TBC > Cata > WotLK > MoP, with the middle three being VERY close and MoP falling far behind. However, that's my personal opinion, and I realize that others may feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Cata had one of the best openings but it fell flat when they kept scraping raids.
    This is my exact thoughts. Story started out interesting, dungeons were interesting, but then for some reason they tripped and didn't bother getting back up. I still am "eh" on the ending of Dragon Soul, especially on how epic the whole ending of WotLK was.

cata and mop both suck fat arse.. only good raids in wotlk was ulduar and icc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    I think most people that raid would agree that all MoP raids were decent, and MoP was a very solid raiding expansion. Mechanics wise at least.

Deleted
    *Checks calendar*
    Is it not a bit early for this?

So IF the entire expansion had more raid bosses and IF more effort went into the final raid tier it would have been a good expansion. They are big ifs. Also there was a lack of interesting lore quests and the fragmented feel when leveling. This always happens with expansions, in two years forum posts will pop up to say MoP was the bestest expansion ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Reworking Azeroth took too much resources.
    Faction tabards might have worked in WotLK but effectively killed all world interaction at 85
    Still adding new 5mans that make all previous ones obsolete for gear
    LFR, a new feature, made all previous raids obsolete even for newly dinged players.

For a year, endgame for most people consisted of being queued in a capital for the three Hour of Twilight dungeons, get their Head enchant, and then shout at people for rolling Need on everything possible in DS LFR.

And that's pretty much why it's left as the most lackluster expansion. Many things that design-wise made sense, but not together like this, made a mess that even made casuals bored.

To it's credits t11 was a fantastic tier, we finally got transmog, Azeroth was in need of a facelift, and I think many tier sets were memorable. T12 sets, mm.

*Checks calendar*
    Is it not a bit early for this?
    Indeed. It takes two expansions before content gets regarded as good on forums.
    In Burning Crusade, everything was too casual, classic realms plz
    In LK, it was waaay too casual, classic or BC realms plz
    In Cata, we still kinda hated LK, gief BC realms
    In MoP, we apparently like LK again.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-06-06 at 08:18 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Cataclysm wasn't that bad, but it could've been *so* much better, it had an absurd amount of potential after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    Well aren't you just Mr. Positive Attitude?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Sorry no cataclysm was awful.

1. Awful lore.
    2. Endlessly Rehashed bosses.
    3. Small raids, abyssal maw scrapped.

How about the fact that the zones were scatterd all around the world, thus the feeling of connectivity was lost? Or the fact that they tried to fix what was in no need of fixing? Sure, updating the quests was nice, but now we are stuck with destroyed landscape of what used to be beautiful, or at least acceptable looking zones. Just from aesthetic point of view, Cataclysm was a disaster. And in the long run, that is only view that counts, because it is the only one that persists.

Deleted
    I am probably in a minority, or perhaps im just getting old, but for me fun levels have steadily decreased as each expansion has come, natural progression I suppose.

In order of release, vanilla>tbc>wrath>cata>mop. Which doesn't leave me much hope for WOD, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    I am probably in a minority, or perhaps im just getting old, but for me fun levels have steadily decreased as each expansion has come, natural progression I suppose.

In order of release, vanilla>tbc>wrath>cata>mop. Which doesn't leave me much hope for WOD, but we'll see.
    Is it any surprise to anyone in the world that after all these years, people get tired of the game?
    I was like 15-16 in Classic - BC, WoW was THE game to play still. hype. IRL friends played it, endless free time.. first big MMO I played..

Doesn't matter how good the content is when one has played for over half a decade. It's not going to be as fun as back then.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Reworking Azeroth took too much resources.
    Faction tabards might have worked in WotLK but effectively killed all world interaction at 85
    Still adding new 5mans that make all previous ones obsolete for gear
    LFR, a new feature, made all previous raids obsolete even for newly dinged players.

For a year, endgame for most people consisted of being queued in a capital for the three Hour of Twilight dungeons, get their Head enchant, and then shout at people for rolling Need on everything possible in DS LFR.

And that's pretty much why it's left as the most lackluster expansion. Many things that design-wise made sense, but not together like this, made a mess that even made casuals bored.

To it's credits t11 was a fantastic tier, we finally got transmog, Azeroth was in need of a facelift, and I think many tier sets were memorable. T12 sets, mm.

Indeed. It takes two expansions before content gets regarded as good on forums.
    In Burning Crusade, everything was too casual, classic realms plz
    In LK, it was waaay too casual, classic or BC realms plz
    In Cata, we still kinda hated LK, gief BC realms
    In MoP, we apparently like LK again.
    I liked wrath in wrath, hated cata in cata, liked MoP in MOp, and still kinda hate cata but it want that bad.

I always liked wrath. I guess im special, because I dont change my stance much.

For me even nostalgia does not help, Cata sucked. (And thats sayin something as I get nostalgic about stuff from 5 months ago)
    There were a lot hopes, yet no so many delivered, which disappointed people a lot. Just as some people said, launch was great and all (in spite of ally being secondary customer) but the momentum was lost and 4.1 turned out very lackluster. 4.2 was fun but again 4.3 and DS was just horrible...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think it sucked tbf.

firelands was a nice raid, i also liked the daily area beloning with it.

i also liked how the quests flowed in each zone, no unnecessary side tracking and just spoon-feeding the story. there were elements that could've been better. but MoP had pretty shitty stuff as well; the insane amount of dailies and Heart of Fear raid for example.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

It's kinda like this, Wrath was so good that it made Cataclysm seem bad ( it kinda was ) and Cata was so bad it made MoP seem better then it actually was.