Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    And people around here wonder why democracy has become a joke.

If your vote loses, accept it and move on. The people spoke. The majority did not agree with you. Nothing will change that. Your opinion is not the only opinion, let alone the most important opinion in the universe. You're just one nameless person in the world, just like everyone else. You're not a special snowflake. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Jesus.
    Except that people are arguing that their vote really didn't matter in this case. It's a distinct possibility that it didn't.

Not a whine, but I think that the Horde bike would have won in any case. The big names at Blizz are VERY Horde-centric, and probably think of the games as more along the lines of 'da Horde, and some lesser races we let play the game'. I mean, good lord, as I brought up before (with the Corpsegrinder incident), it was only after a MASSIVE backlash that they thought they did anything wrong in that case. Couple that with the supposed treatment of Alliance fans at BlizzCon since then, and a lot of people get the feeling that the devs and Big Wigs at Blizz REALLY don't give a damn about them as players.

It's less about winning a contest and more about how it looks like a major game company is treating a portion of their gaming public, in game AND in public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrid Metzen: "For the Hor...oh.....I mean.... 'alliance'............"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    i dont know, i liked the alliance bike a lot more, im a sucker for chrome =)

horde bike looks like you could carve it out of 2 crude logs with a swiss army knife 8> /hate
    This. Horde bike was pretty boring. The alliance bike was much nicer looking, imho.

So many tears from alliance players.
    Best looking bike won, alliance bike to me just did not look right at all.

like the alliance bike looks allot better the horde one looks like its a toy made from plastic

but lets not pretend this is about the bike its about all the little horde fanboys. anyone with a brain knew the horde would win and that took the fun out of this from the word go.

the vote should have been "which faction has the most childish fanboys" and i think we have our answerer ^-^ thanks azeroth choppers

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    I reckon the design team already knew which bike they wanted to go into the game long before they were even built. The discussion with the mechanics probably went something like this:

Blizzard: Hey guys, we want you to build two bikes for us. The horde bike MUST look like this model render we've already started to work on, since it reuses this skeleton which already exists in the game.

Mechanics: Sure thing. We'll start welding together the support structure in line with your design. What about the second bike?

Blizzard: Anything you like. Use it to show off your creative side - it won't end up in the game regardless of the vote outcome.

Mechanics: How much time do we have?

Blizzard: We're aware of how busy the lot of you are, so we'll give you 6-8 months. We'll turn the whole process into a youtube drama and compress the timeline to make it appear as though you did all the work in a single month.

Mechanics: And then we can bitch and moan about how little time we have in every episode... I like the way you think...

Blizzard: Exactly!

Mechanics: $$$

Blizzard: $$$
    Oh the cynicism resonates so well with me, thank you
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Wow what a shocking outcome........ Seriously though Alliance don't get a bike? Lol they will cave on that one 100%.

Voted Horde because I play horde. Prefer the Alliance bike but the tank tracks ruin it. Horde bike looks like a goblin trike and the tusks are waaaaay too small.

a new ugly mount for the cave people.. this show was from the entire beginning a big fail! as i saw the ugly thing on my alliance side, i decide to not vote for this shit!
    a chopper with no wheels is nothing as crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ALLIANCE BIKE???????? So the Horde AND the Alliance is driveing on the Horde bike or only Horde can have taht mount?????
    Only Horde get a bike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Only Horde get a bike.
    You'll see them both in-game soon, just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    What's a Cyprus, is it a fruit of some kind?
    it's an EU country.. Ask to your Uncle Google.
    I am a Gamer. Not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

At least the conclusion showed those who moaned early on that 'Alliance will win because they have higher faction numbers in the game' were clearly incorrect.

The series did highlight a thematic issue with Alliance. Apart from 'blue' and the yellow lion crest, what really is really symbolic for the Alliance?
    Last edited by Kudos; 2014-06-06 at 02:35 PM.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by AurizenDarkstar View Post
    Except that people are arguing that their vote really didn't matter in this case. It's a distinct possibility that it didn't.

Not a whine, but I think that the Horde bike would have won in any case. The big names at Blizz are VERY Horde-centric, and probably think of the games as more along the lines of 'da Horde, and some lesser races we let play the game'. I mean, good lord, as I brought up before (with the Corpsegrinder incident), it was only after a MASSIVE backlash that they thought they did anything wrong in that case. Couple that with the supposed treatment of Alliance fans at BlizzCon since then, and a lot of people get the feeling that the devs and Big Wigs at Blizz REALLY don't give a damn about them as players.

It's less about winning a contest and more about how it looks like a major game company is treating a portion of their gaming public, in game AND in public.
    Yeah, anyone who seriously thought Alliance could win is deluded. I said that back before voting started :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Azax View Post
    the vote should have been "which faction has the most childish fanboys" and i think we have our answerer ^-^ thanks azeroth choppers
    "if you dont play the faction i play or agree with me, you're just a childish fanboy"

grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people really shocked that the fucking awesome bike got the most votes and the pretty uncreative generic fantasy bike lost? Are they really claiming that Horde players cheated or that Blizzard stacked it?

Come on guys. Come on. Grow up a little. The most creative fantasy bike won.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Alliance tears are delicious.

Everyone gets a mount. EVERYONE. Doesn't mean you can use it, but you still get it. It's just like if you've got an alt with engineering or tailoring, then switch to a character that doesn't have either of those professions. You still have your flying carpet mount and flying machine (assuming you made them), but lack the requirements to use them. Mounts still count towards your achievement numbers, but you just can't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Alliance tears are delicious.

Everyone gets a mount. EVERYONE. Doesn't mean you can use it, but you still get it. It's just like if you've got an alt with engineering or tailoring, then switch to a character that doesn't have either of those professions. You still have your flying carpet mount and flying machine (assuming you made them), but lack the requirements to use them. Mounts still count towards your achievement numbers, but you just can't use them.
    Ok, not to nitpick, but that is NOT how it works. Unless it's a mount like the wintersaber/ravasaur (that is, if you have one, it morphs into the other depending on what faction you are using it on), then it will only count towards your mount achievement on the faction it is given to. Much like the faction PVP mounts, if this is a truly Horde only mount, then those with Horde characters will get it counting towards their mount achievement count, but the Alliance characters won't.

Quote Originally Posted by AurizenDarkstar View Post
    Ok, not to nitpick, but that is NOT how it works. Unless it's a mount like the wintersaber/ravasaur (that is, if you have one, it morphs into the other depending on what faction you are using it on), then it will only count towards your mount achievement on the faction it is given to. Much like the faction PVP mounts, if this is a truly Horde only mount, then those with Horde characters will get it counting towards their mount achievement count, but the Alliance characters won't.
    Do you happen to have the moonkin pet from the blizzard store? If so, log in, check your pet journal, and you'll see that you not only have the horde version, but the alliance version of it as well. Now try and summon the pet of the opposite faction. You can't. It's there, you know you have it, it's counting towards your # of pets, but you can't use it.

The chopper will be exactly the same. They'll do one of two things with it. They'll either mail it, allowing everyone to learn regardless of faction but stick a faction use on it, or they'll automatically add it to everyone's mount journal and alliance just won't be able to use it due to a horde flag on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Do you happen to have the moonkin pet from the blizzard store? If so, log in, check your pet journal, and you'll see that you not only have the horde version, but the alliance version of it as well. Now try and summon the pet of the opposite faction. You can't. It's there, you know you have it, it's counting towards your # of pets, but you can't use it.

The chopper will be exactly the same. They'll do one of two things with it. They'll either mail it, allowing everyone to learn regardless of faction but stick a faction use on it, or they'll automatically add it to everyone's mount journal and alliance just won't be able to use it due to a horde flag on the item.
    Sorry, that's apples and oranges. Read what I said again.

There are already faction specific mounts in game, and they do NOT count toward your mount count on both sides. I know this due to the fact of having almost 160 mounts on my alliance characters, and only 145 on my Horde characters. That's due to a few of my Alliance mounts being completely faction specific. They don't even show up on my Horde characters mount list.

Pets are completely different, and the moonkin pet is no different than the wintersaber/ravasaur example I gave. If you don't believe me, go look at your mount counts. I'm wagering you'll come back and agree with me after looking them over (unless you have no faction specific mounts).

Deleted
    All content in Draenor is currently suited to these new values, and Siege of Orgrimmar has actually been converted to use the new raid structure (since I know that the absolute first thing everyone will want to do upon getting access to our Alpha is to go run Siege). But if you find yourself in any other locations in the old world, beware that while creature health and melee damage has been "squished," the damage values of their abilities/spells has not yet been. So a yaungol's Fireball that used to hit you for 50,000 still hits you for 50,000. (But you of course have far less health now.)

Item Squish FAIL .

As expected . Good luck taking a 100k fireball from a level 88 mob when your health will be 60k at level 100.
    Because Blizzard eventually forgot (or was too lazy ) to edit every damn trash mob spell list in the game.

" If were not broken , why fix it " . That's why they did.