View Poll Results: What are you waiting for, what do YOU vote on?

Voters
910. This poll is closed
  • Horde!

396 43.52%
  • Alliance!

253 27.80%
  • Both!

111 12.20%
  • Just give me something!

30 3.30%
  • Don't care!

120 13.19%
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    A few Blizzcons ago he said it on stage with his band. People look for reasons to be offended. I don't know why...
    Oh noes, the world isn't made of cotton candy ((((((( Such a shocker for certain people, reminds me of the whole George the Corpsegrinder affair when the alliance guys got all butthurt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    No it was about time somebody told the spoiled alliance players what they needed to hear.

Alliance has been the one shat over since Cataclysm.

They're spoiled..

Does not compute, lol. And no. When a higher-up in a company prefers one faction over the other, that's one thing. Saying "Fuck the Alliance" is another. They're supposed to be professionalism. Professionalism isn't saying "fuck x faction". Having a preference isn't bad. Everyone has it. But what they are doing is unprofessional, and bleeding into their game development, looking at how sucky most of the Alliance stuff has been compared to Horde stuff.

Horde aren't stupid enough to vote against their own faction.

If they had I'd be saying THEY don't deserve a new mount.

There's nothing 'holy' about a head to head competition.

Perhaps so. But they thought the Horde mount was better. I saw a lot of Alliance fans who based it off of which was the better chopper. I saw a lot of "I play Alliance, but I think the Horde one is better so I voted for it."

Whereas from the Horde, I saw a lot of "I like the Alliance one more, but I play Horde and I want a mount."

And very few "I like the Alliance more one, even though I am a Horde player. So I will vote for whichever looks better to me, which is the Alliance one." (I counted such a case only twice, compared to the tens of people that did the above and said "I play Alliance but think the Horde one looks better so voted Horde.".)

A few Blizzcons ago he said it on stage with his band. People look for reasons to be offended. I don't know why...
    seriously no one felt offended by this, he is a highly ranked member of inner blizzard team. By saying that, is like making the wrong promotion for the product he is working for

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde player, I would have voted on whichever bike was the best. The Horde bike looked awesome. The Alliance bike looked more like it would be from an insect faction rather than Alliance. To many overlapping plates around the gas tank.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    I believe it has something to do with the art they were given to base their work on.
    Exactly the opposite. If they went by the pics they wouldn't take the road of "smooth, elegant weapon" (as the guy called it in episode 7), well wrong turn, bro. I mean you look at broad and muscular dwarves and humans, covered in heavy ass plated armor and you go with smooth and elegant? If anyone is bringing the elegance in the Alliance it's the elves, and even then if you get the right vibe out of it you'll manage to come up with some badass designs, the rated pvp mounts are the proof of that - there's no such thing as "overstuffing it".
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2014-06-06 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I always viewed it as each Blizzard employee having their own faction pride. I know a few play Alliance, too. Just people showing their love for their faction - that's all I saw/heard.
    "for the horde" - showing their love for their faction
    "fuck the horde" - shitting on the other faction
    "horde players are faggots who should go kill them self" - shitting on the other faction players

we got that cleared up now yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Perhaps so. But they thought the Horde mount was better. I saw a lot of Alliance fans who based it off of which was the better chopper. I saw a lot of "I play Alliance, but I think the Horde one is better so I voted for it."

Whereas from the Horde, I saw a lot of "I like the Alliance one more, but I play Horde and I want a mount."

And very few "I like the Alliance more one, even though I am a Horde player. So I will vote for whichever looks better to me, which is the Alliance one." (I counted such a case only twice, compared to the tens of people that did the above and said "I play Alliance but think the Horde one looks better so voted Horde.".)
    If that's the case then why are they complaining??? They are the ones who voted the Horde bike to victory! And as you say, those Horde players who liked the Alliance bike more were smart enough to realize they also wanted a mount and it would be pretty dumb to vote to give the other faction one instead.

Deleted
    This shitty reality TV only served to break even more the A/H duality.

Instead of endeavoring to create cohesion and an overall friendly dispute, it only instigated pride and hatred inside the game's community. Nothing new to expect really since, from what I see, alliance players are mostly neglected to 2nd plan.
    Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2014-06-06 at 02:37 PM.

The Horde bike looks like an ATC dressed up for the ren faire. It works, though - the costume is executed well.

I like the visual texture and individual parts of the Alliance bike much better, but it doesn't come together well at all. It looks like somebody took a street bike, clad it in an awesome, custom suit of high gothic jousting barding, and then slapped on a set of treads from some other vehicle.

I think the reason for that is that the Horde team conceptualized the bike whole-to-part, figuring out its general shape and then getting down to details, while the Alliance team worked part-to-part, deciding on the details without first considering the gesture of the bike as an object. They were still making major structural decisions late in the build, and it shows in the bike's gesture.

I know I'm droning on like an art teacher, but they're essentially kinetic sculpture. One of those two sculptures was conceptualized in the right order, and it won.

Deleted
    Lets just say it the Alliance bike looks like shit.

And the horde one is not better too. I mean, tracks? TRACKS??? This is a Bike (or a trike in horde's case) Not a damn tank!

Don't even get me started on the alliance one. They did not even had an idea in the last stages, which is proven by that internal debate whether or not to put even more swords on. And the tracks just look ugly as hell. When I saw them both finished I just knew the alliance has no chance at all.

Deleted
    Oh, I'm sure the Alliance will get their bike too. But I personally think the Alliance engine should be the sound of whining kids. Would suit them quite nicely, given their outburst over something so trivial.
    It's funny to read that from you, since you are the one who obsesses about the whole thing the most. By far.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I never wached any of the episodes.

Umh did he really say fuck alliance ?

Woah what is that, a 14 year old kid trying to be a tough guy in Warsong Gulch ?
    No, he did not say that. I watched all eight episodes, and when I read that I did a double take and rewatched episode 8 to see if I'd missed anything. I hadn't. As the leader of the Horde team he did partake in a few bits of trash talk over the course of the show, as did Metzen from the opposite direction, but it was all lighthearted, and at exactly zero points did the word "fuck" escape from anyone's lips.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what kind of reaction all those will have who keep rubbing "YOU LOST! YOU GET NOTHING!" when Blizzard adds both mounts in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I wonder what kind of reaction all those will have who keep rubbing "YOU LOST! YOU GET NOTHING!" when Blizzard adds both mounts in-game.
    They'll probably have forgotten all about it by that time. Gloating sort of loses its charm after a while.

THEN AGAIN this is MMO-C.

Deleted
    the dude that had the idea to put only 1 of the 2 mounts in game should be fired, wow is not in a good position right now, why are they trying to make the ppl angry? i just don't understand. put the 2 bikes in game and the vote should only for "oh yeah this looks better but i still want my faction bike". srsly MORHEIM WTF?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    By far the dumbest competition ever. It was clear right from the get go that horde would win. 3/4 of the world that plays WoW is Horde. Why the fuck would they even do this? I have never been so pissed over pixels but now I'm out a mount.

Just because the Alliance lost doesn't mean the universe is out to personally screw you. It's not even a huge deal, really. It's really disheartening to read such hate-filled posts just because a friendly competition didn't go your way. It's not like Samwise, upon winning, grabbed Gorehowl and decapitated Metzen or anything.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Because competition between the Horde and Alliance can be fun. But I guess it's all fun and games until the Alliance loses....

You know I wish the Alliance had won, just so I could see how the Horde peeps reacted to losing out. You are very naive to think that only the Alliance players would feel and act like this, I can assure you, you would be wrong.

You could be right, but I would not. My reaction would of been along the lines of "congrats, guys!....you fuckers". - LOL. Friendly, yet still an obvious Horde vs. Alliance forever tone.
    I think this generally typifies the difference between the two factions. Horde look at the rivalry from a slightly more 'grudging respect, but still don't like you' angle, while Alliance have a more 'low self esteem, we're always the victim' mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this generally typifies the difference between the two factions. Horde look at the rivalry from a slightly more 'grudging respect, but still don't like you' angle, while Alliance have a more 'low self esteem, we're always the victim' mentality.
    Some Horde players would still have complained about losing to Alliance, that's guaranteed fact.