Deleted

EM usage ( Enhancement )

Hello!

I was wondering how other Shamans are using EM with the 588 HC WF AOC trinket.

As for myself i allways try to save it for Ascendance, but i have also readed people used it for Fire Elemental instead so i am unsure on when to exactly use it..

As we are going for Garrosh HC in less then a week i want to get out everything my char has.

Deleted
    Personally I save it for the fire ele (as you only have to hold it off for 7 seconds with the glyph), but I run a haste build so I dunno what it would do with a mastery build...best bet is to sim it and find out. (although I think simcraft assumes that you save it for the fire ele, not sure)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Personally I save it for the fire ele (as you only have to hold it off for 7 seconds with the glyph), but I run a haste build so I dunno what it would do with a mastery build...best bet is to sim it and find out. (although I think simcraft assumes that you save it for the fire ele, not sure)
    You can alter the rotation simcraft uses if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    You can alter the rotation simcraft uses if you want.
    You can. Usually, it's good to have legitimately tested performance reasons for doing so.

I just did a couple of short tests using the SimC T16H BiS list. The default priority list results in 488,637.8 DPS. Tweaking the priority list to use EM after popping Ascendance results in 490,966.0 DPS. The 2,328.2 DPS difference accounts for about a 0.48% DPS increase.

However, running the same tests with my own gear, the default list results in 449,937.1 DPS and the tweaked list shows 449,991.2 DPS. It's not a statistically significant number.

I think the most accurate answer at this point, assuming you have very good gear that is well-upgraded, is that it is just a matter of personal preference between using EM+Asc or EM+FET. One could make further tweaks to the SimC action list, or try different gearing priorities, and potentially get a different answer.

If you want to replicate this, just replace the three "actions+=/elemental_mastery" lines with the following single line:

Code:
    actions+=/elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&buff.ascendance.up
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    You can. Usually, it's good to have legitimately tested performance reasons for doing so.

I just did a couple of short tests using the SimC T16H BiS list. The default priority list results in 488,637.8 DPS. Tweaking the priority list to use EM after popping Ascendance results in 490,966.0 DPS. The 2,328.2 DPS difference accounts for about a 0.48% DPS increase.

However, running the same tests with my own gear, the default list results in 449,937.1 DPS and the tweaked list shows 449,991.2 DPS. It's not a statistically significant number.

I think the most accurate answer at this point, assuming you have very good gear that is well-upgraded, is that it is just a matter of personal preference between using EM+Asc or EM+FET. One could make further tweaks to the SimC action list, or try different gearing priorities, and potentially get a different answer.

If you want to replicate this, just replace the three "actions+=/elemental_mastery" lines with the following single line:

Code:
    actions+=/elemental_mastery,if=talent.elemental_mastery.enabled&buff.ascendance.up
    You also have to take into account the fact that SimCraft works on a purely patchwerk fight, which apart from maybe Malkarok doesn't really exist in SoO. As such, you might be better off using EM with FET anyway. If the numbers really are that close then you are indeed talking much more about personal preference really. User error/RNG will make a much larger difference than that anyway.

You also have to take into account the fact that SimCraft works on a purely patchwerk fight
    SimulationCraft is used to model Patchwerk fights, for the most part, but that's not all it can do. Patchwerk is a good, level playing field for comparing different DPS specializations. You can add combat mechanics (immunities, adds, heals, etc.) if you wanted to, to make sims that resemble particular boss fights. Nobody does, though.
    Hekili of <Turbo Cyborg Ninjas>
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon for Shamans, Paladins, Monks, and Hunters.

User Guides:
    Getting Started with Hekili
    Starting from SimulationCraft (How to Import SimC APLs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    SimulationCraft is used to model Patchwerk fights, for the most part, but that's not all it can do. Patchwerk is a good, level playing field for comparing different DPS specializations. You can add combat mechanics (immunities, adds, heals, etc.) if you wanted to, to make sims that resemble particular boss fights. Nobody does, though.
    You can, but it is impossible to simulate a real encounter.

Deleted
    You can, but it is impossible to simulate a real encounter.
    Omg you're back.

On topic,

In general you want to save EM for glyphed PFE.

For hc garrosh, EM+non glyphed PFE seems to be optimal (you don't want your PFE to come off cooldown during a transition which happens with 588 AoC). Minimalising PFE traveltime is important.

EM does slightly better than AS on any fight with any downtime, even with a non-glyphed PFE. Only on malkarok or non cheese tactik juggernaut AS would be viable.

Last week we only had 1 engineer P1 and we skipped transition 2, only then a glyphed PFE would be optimal.
    Last edited by mmoc748d6be4b6; 2014-06-11 at 12:08 PM. Reason: double sentence

Deleted
    I am indeed back :P Call the heralds, the great one has returned!