Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy In Challenge Modes?

Does holy do well for challenge modes?

I just completed CMs on my pally and I thought Holy was the easiest healer I've done them on (9/9 x7).

You have two sacks, the most cooldowns out of any healer in the game, and lay on hands.
    Hi Sephurik

Alright thanks for the quick reply guess its time to gear holy

They do well enough, loads of cd's and strong heals. Blidning light with the glyph is awesome. Just remember to bring klaxi amber for mana regen.

This might sound stupid, but would holy be doable in CMs with pvp gear? With pve trinkets ofc.

I was thinking of trying CMs as holy, but cba to farm LFR for holy gear. :P

For a casual 9x gold yeah, but if you want to sell boost then no.

To be frank, none of the Paladin specs are ideal for CMs. Ret is bad, Prot is meh and Holy is okay. I mean, you can do CMs as anything, but some things make the job harder. I would say out of the three options Holy is probably the best bet. Though I did mine as Prot, which was not the best but also not the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You have two sacks,
    Boom tish?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    This might sound stupid, but would holy be doable in CMs with pvp gear? With pve trinkets ofc.

I was thinking of trying CMs as holy, but cba to farm LFR for holy gear. :P
    You certainly can, the only drawbacks to PVP gear (>463 of course) is that it's low on sockets (for CMs you want all the sockets you can get) and tends to have PVP socket bonuses. Some pieces are fine though - hands and shoulders IIRC.

However I find the easiest way to gear a toon fast is to run MSV/HoF/ToES - the drop rate is high and if you roll a charm the drop rate is 100%. A lot of that gear is decent socket-wise and you can get all the charms you need from one quick run through the Trove of the Thunder King on IoT.

If you have patience, the best gear for CMs is in SoO and ToT. But drop rates are considerably lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You dont need bis gear to do CM, our healing is crap outside cd regardless of the gear you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be frank, none of the Paladin specs are ideal for CMs. Ret is bad, Prot is meh and Holy is okay. I mean, you can do CMs as anything, but some things make the job harder. I would say out of the three options Holy is probably the best bet. Though I did mine as Prot, which was not the best but also not the worst.
    Truthfully, I felt that Prot Paladins were the best tanks I ran into for CMs. Their self and group healing is generally pretty strong, to the point where I rarely had to throw a heal on them. Although, this is all subjective to what I've ran into (varying skill, knowledge of CMs, and gear sockets).

Holy I feel is in a pretty good spot for CMs. We're based around having big strong heals and a lot of cooldowns to mitigate damage from the group, the only thing we really lack is spread group healing and strong hots if we ever get into a situation were we've been stunned or LoS'd for a second.

Deleted
    Selfless healer vs eternal flame, which one you guys found the better one? personally have been using eternal fire but the amount of holy power you'd get from SH and LoD spam sounds delicious with maybe even LoD glyph

EF hands down. Popping HA, blanketing all 5 people and having 50% of that beaconed to tank. SH can't compete with that.

Just did siege of niuzao temple gold with an oq pug. We did it 2nd try. I was in full pvp gear, even trinkets.

Maybe I was rly rly lucky with the group, but I'd say holy is definitely fine there.

Deleted
    Also, is the differance between Spirits of the Sun and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity huge?

Does anyone knows if the legendary meta procs in CMs? I got one ToT tier helmet, I wanna know if it's worth getting the legendary meta for it for CMs.

Deleted
    Legendary Meta gem is useless on Cmodes :P

Does anyone knows if the legendary meta procs in CMs? I got one ToT tier helmet, I wanna know if it's worth getting the legendary meta for it for CMs.
    Meta proc is off, cloak proc is off, tier set bonuses are off as well!

Good, means I'm saving some gold by using my s15 helmet. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiusmuotoilu View Post
    Also, is the differance between Spirits of the Sun and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity huge?
    We can't really answer this strictly since one is RPPM and the other is ICD. I still think that the difference will be slightly in favor of SotS because you have little to no haste in CM, and you can control its proc.

So far, did Niuzao, Jade, Mogushan, and Brewery, wearing full pvp gear. No problems whatsoever. Using crusader strike often for free holy power and spreading eternal flame everywhere is awesome.

The only problem I noticed is that sometimes I run out of mana and it's kinda hard to get it back because divine plea just isn't too good in CMs. Today, I got spirits of the sun and dysmorphic samophlange trinkets from LFR, so hopefully that will make the mana problems moot. Also, I'm thinking of farming some honor and getting myself the pvp boots/belt with spirit on them.

So far, did Niuzao, Jade, Mogushan, and Brewery, wearing full pvp gear. No problems whatsoever. Using crusader strike often for free holy power and spreading eternal flame everywhere is awesome.

The only problem I noticed is that sometimes I run out of mana and it's kinda hard to get it back because divine plea just isn't too good in CMs. Today, I got spirits of the sun and dysmorphic samophlange trinkets from LFR, so hopefully that will make the mana problems moot. Also, I'm thinking of farming some honor and getting myself the pvp boots/belt with spirit on them.
    Buy the klaxxi amber.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).