Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah, just a misunderstanding on my part. While it's not exactly what you are looking for, you could try the Legend of Grimrock
    All good, it happens. I can definitely see the confusion, based on the name. I have that game, and while it was entertaining, I got stuck and stopped playing it.

Deleted
    I donno what is causing this, but i am getting tired of the normal standard western mmorpg games that is out there. Mostly i have been into wow and rift, but it feels like i have tried them all.

I have fell in love with mmorpg games like blade and soul and black desert etc. it just seems to have that something i am looking for. it is not the standard stand still and press these 2-3 macros to dps.

just out of my head right now, it feels like i want to start playing SWTOR again after quitting 2 months after release. i am still waiting to try out archeage beta this month.... hmm, what else are there for any games that are still alive with hardcore pve end game, but also other stuff to do, so you dont end up logging in only for raid times?

i am all over youtube right now but i am here to see if you can give me any advice on a game?
    not wildstar

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I donno what is causing this, but i am getting tired of the normal standard western mmorpg games that is out there. Mostly i have been into wow and rift, but it feels like i have tried them all.

I have fell in love with mmorpg games like blade and soul and black desert etc. it just seems to have that something i am looking for. it is not the standard stand still and press these 2-3 macros to dps.

just out of my head right now, it feels like i want to start playing SWTOR again after quitting 2 months after release. i am still waiting to try out archeage beta this month.... hmm, what else are there for any games that are still alive with hardcore pve end game, but also other stuff to do, so you dont end up logging in only for raid times?

i am all over youtube right now but i am here to see if you can give me any advice on a game?
    not wildstar

thanks.
    Have you tried FFXIV?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Have you tried FFXIV?
    done it. i dont like the latency it has. dodging attack and still get hit etc. im in EU

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    done it. i dont like the latency it has. dodging attack and still get hit etc. im in EU
    FFXI?

Everquest or Everquest 2?

Ultima Online?

DAoC?

Star Wars Galaxies EMU?

You should also keep track of The Repopulation

10+ Year Old Account
    I have plenty of experience with the MMOs. My first one was Perfect World, bur Oriental MMOs proved to be too grindy for me and through a series of other games I came into WoW, playing from 3.1 to 4.2. In the end, I, however, found it just as grindy. Goddamn dailies and trash runs in Firelands and Zuls.

Then I moved to SWTOR and we all know what THIS game turned out to be. A failure.

Right now I am playing GW2. It was really fun at first, but now that the Living Story is paused I find it harder to find stuff to do. Not as grindy as the other MMOs, but still.

Which is why I've been thinking of WoD and Wildstar. Are these two games worth moving to? Do you think Warlords will revive WoW (which, AFAIK, has been slowly losing subscribees since I left)? Is Wildstar truly a new, modern MMO?

Or should I just wait for the next GW2 story season?

Wildstar is not modern. It vanilla WoW 2.0. It has it's own little quirks. You should ask for a guess pass before you buy it first.

WoW isn't about dailies. Dailies are there if you wanna get some bonuses , but aren't required. WoD will be expanding upon this: the devs felt that too many people only logged on cataclysm everyday was to do their dailies. MoP significantly reduced that problem, but still some parts required dailies. Blizzard said that they want players to not feel like they have to play repetitive dailies everyday just to pr9gress. They'd want to change it a bit more so that if a player logs in, he should have things to do, but they shouldn't be forced.

I'd strongly suggest you try to give WoW a second chance on that one.

Also, WoW hasn't actually been losing subs. In fact, in the past two years, we've seen a slight gain.

Well, you got plenty of time before WoD comes out. You can try any other game in the mean time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i jizzed my pants when i saw tom clancys the division gameplay from e3 today.

are there currently any games similar to the division ?

Are there any games similar to Minecraft where you can set up your own servers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Are there any games similar to Minecraft where you can set up your own servers?
    Terraria and Starbound, but they're both 2d.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i jizzed my pants when i saw tom clancys the division gameplay from e3 today.

are there currently any games similar to the division ?
    im looking for something where u shoot from behind covers, except for mass effect, the bureau xcom and gears of war. are there any other games like that ?

im looking for something where u shoot from behind covers, except for mass effect, the bureau xcom and gears of war. are there any other games like that ?
    you are looking for a cover mechanic? plenty of games have that. The Tomb Raider reboot has a smart cover mechanic (combat is actually pretty well done there)

10+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Although shooting is probably what you are going to do the least there since it is much more interesting to do a stealth run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Although shooting is probably what you are going to do the least there since it is much more interesting to do a stealth run.
    tried that. didnt rly hook me up. not interested in tomb raider, alpha protocol, kill.switch, mass effect, the bureau nor gears of war.

what else is there with cover mechanic ?

tried that. didnt rly hook me up. not interested in tomb raider, alpha protocol, kill.switch, mass effect, the bureau nor gears of war.

what else is there with cover mechanic ?
    Grand Theft Auto 5. Splinter Cell I think. Max Payne (3).

There is an old indie non-traditional MMORTS that is a bit more like an RTT. It can get violent as it is a war game. It has been online for 16 years and still going. It is different. It is called Artifact by Samu Games and you can play all you want for free, with no disadvantages. I would post link but it won't let me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Also, WoW hasn't actually been losing subs. In fact, in the past two years, we've seen a slight gain.
    Maybe you should post source before you say something like that... but I did it for you to show that you clearly have no idea how a graph works and how diarrhea of the mouth can be bad.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...rs-by-quarter/

Those numbers are pulled from public records of the number of subs at each quarter. So yeah. slight gain... no, slight fall... yes... dieing anytime soon... no.

Hey fragrance1,

I am a newcomer, so perhaps I am not allowed to speak *humbly bows head*.

But I just did a search on my favorite game to see what people were talking about, and this thread came up

I am an Entropian, and I have been for the last... seven years or so.

What is Entropia Universe like, you ask. Well, my friend (if I may be so bold to call you that), it is nothing like anything you have seen before. You really cannot compare it to the likes of WoW or GuildWars. First of all, this is because there is no real linear storyline (Well, there are quests, but you don't really have to follow them to progress).

It is one huge world where everyone has to find their own way. Some refer to it as a sandbox game. Others think the Real Cash Economy (RCE) is most important, as in "ima gunna be rich, rich ya hear". Some people join it expecting to earn shitloads of money (most of them get dissappointed).

To me, Entropia Universe is the closest I will ever come to an adventurer, an explorer, a pioneer.
    There are several professions you can follow (or you can do them all), but it is wise to focus on one field. What makes Entropia so engaging is the RCE aspect I mentioned already. You see, Entropia is F2P, but as a free player, it's very hard. You can earn some money as a sweater, and perhaps (after a while as a healer), but buying the ingame currency (PED) makes your life a lot more comfortable. Whether you go for $15 a month (as I try to do, RL permitting), $50, or just $5. PED help.

PED is what you use to buy guns, and ammo. Or mining gear. Or armor. Or anything else. And with this equipment, you go out in the world, looking for resources. Most of these resources can be traded for PED, allowing you to play further. (This is referred to as cycling PED). The trick is to play smart, so that you get most out of your PED. Like RL, it is easy to blow away all your money in one stupid move, for instance by immediately buying the biggest, baddest, gun. Others are clever, and buy equipment they can handle. Playing Eco is the trick to success. Unless, of course, you feel like spending large sums of money. It's up to you to decide what budget you are going to play with. If, in the end, you have some money left, you can actually withdraw it.

I don't like withdrawals, but when I was in a pinch a while ago, I did manage to get EUR 300 back from the game (I've paid a bit more than that over the years) which helped me pay my bills. I am hoping that my situation will pick up soon again, so that I can return to depositing.

Bored of playing? Well, it's always possible to buy an apartment, but they are scarce. And an empty appartment is boring. So craft or buy some furniture. Broke?

Progress in the game is somewhat slower than you might be used to in other games. Actually, other games can be finished. You can reach the max level. No such thing in Entropia. Here, there is always some avenue to explore. So you have turned in the best hunter in the game? Good for you, but you still suck at crafting...and then you begin anew in a new career. You can take a shortcut, by buying skills from other players, but do you really want to do that? Some swear by it.

Because of the RCE aspect of the game, the audience tends to be a bit older than on other games. Although there has been a lot of complaining on the internet about the cost to play. And indeed, it's been somewhat more dynamic in the past. Some people came in, dropped $100 in the game, started blasting at random stuff and went broke in 2 weeks. Those complaining about this game being a "scam" tend to fall in this group. This game is not for mindless blasting and running around. This game takes a strategy. You must think ahead.

I must confes...when I began, I DID think I was gonna get rich quick. And I quit the game in frustration. Only to realize that, of course, this is a game. And games are supposed to be fun. That thing you do to earn money is called work. So let's not make my free time be like work. With a totally different mindset, I returned, and I've been enjoying it alot. It's a struggle at times. Sometimes, you wonder how you are ever going to get to the next level. And sometimes, a total stranger lends you a hand by giving you some pointers and tips. And so, the stranger becomes a friend. The game is a challenge. A big challenge.

And that is why I love this game so much.

Wanna get started? I'd post a link, but the forum wont allow me... so... eh... PlanetCalypso dot Com, Planet Calypso is the best Planet to get started, with the strongest economy of all planets (there are five planets, of which 3 quite active, one in Beta and one..somewhat dormant, and a Moon), seperated by a vast area of space (be careful of players who chose the piracy career).

Hope to meet you ingame.

Suggestions for MMO's between countries

Hallo,

I recently moved to China from America and am looking for a good MMO to play with friends back home. We mostly played LAN and splitscreen co-op type games in groups and since I left are looking to MMO's to fill the void. We are hoping for something free and also not region locked obviously. Also, if possible, I would also like to use my VPN to access American servers. I know (or should I say believe) that is is a rather wide open question. But just looking for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to a different thread, isn't really a World of Warcraft topic.

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..